Binders and Notesheets

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
Rossyspsce

Re: Binders and Notesheets

Postby Rossyspsce » April 16th, 2019, 7:14 pm

Anyone know of places to buy cheap, good quality sheet protectors? Or which brands tend to be best quality to price wise?

jaspattack
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: MO

Postby jaspattack » April 17th, 2019, 9:40 am

We have a very sophisticated system of tabs and a table of contents, so we are able to maneuver to the right topics in our binder with relative ease... so then its beneficial to have more information?
That sounds great! As long as your binder is useful to you in an event, then you can have as much info as you want. Like I said, it's all about what works for you.
Anyone know of places to buy cheap, good quality sheet protectors? Or which brands tend to be best quality to price wise?
I use Staples sheet protectors in all of my SciOly binders, so I can vouch for those. They're cheap, and you can buy a lot of them in one package. However, I'm sure other brands are fine. Staples is just what I have access to.
2019-20 Events (C): Designer Genes, Forensics, Fossils
2018-19 Events (C): Designer Genes, Fossils, Write It Do It (Mousetrap Vehicle and Experimental Design @ Regionals)
2017-18 Events (B): Rocks and Minerals, Wright Stuff, Write It Do It
I edit the wiki sometimes.

Killboe
State: FL

Postby Killboe » April 17th, 2019, 9:58 am

We have a very sophisticated system of tabs and a table of contents, so we are able to maneuver to the right topics in our binder with relative ease... so then its beneficial to have more information?
That sounds great! As long as your binder is useful to you in an event, then you can have as much info as you want. Like I said, it's all about what works for you.
I use Staples sheet protectors in all of my SciOly binders, so I can vouch for those. They're cheap, and you can buy a lot of them in one package. However, I'm sure other brands are fine. Staples is just what I have access to.
How are you exalted with 13 posts?
Stanton College Preparatory

jaspattack
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MO

Postby jaspattack » April 17th, 2019, 10:17 am

Short answer: Wiki work. I wrote most of the Designer Genes wiki page and added a lot of events to the Trial Event page (as well as made pages for some of the events on that page without pages). I've also done a lot more miscellaneous work around the wiki, so that's why I'm exalted despite the fact that I don't have that many posts on the forums.
2019-20 Events (C): Designer Genes, Forensics, Fossils
2018-19 Events (C): Designer Genes, Fossils, Write It Do It (Mousetrap Vehicle and Experimental Design @ Regionals)
2017-18 Events (B): Rocks and Minerals, Wright Stuff, Write It Do It
I edit the wiki sometimes.

EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: MD

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » April 17th, 2019, 1:29 pm

Short answer: Wiki work. I wrote most of the Designer Genes wiki page and added a lot of events to the Trial Event page (as well as made pages for some of the events on that page without pages). I've also done a lot more miscellaneous work around the wiki, so that's why I'm exalted despite the fact that I don't have that many posts on the forums.
To add on to this, wiki work is weighted more heavily than posting when it comes to awarding exalted medals. There are exalted members that have zero posts on the forums. It's theoretically possible to become an exalted member just by outstanding content of forum posts, but it's very difficult.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

If you have any questions for me, always feel free to shoot me a PM.

TheCrazyChemist
State: CT

Postby TheCrazyChemist » April 17th, 2019, 2:46 pm

To add on to this, wiki work is weighted more heavily than posting when it comes to awarding exalted medals. There are exalted members that have zero posts on the forums. It's theoretically possible to become an exalted member just by outstanding content of forum posts, but it's very difficult.
Wait a minute, I just realized that you're not exalted East. Maybe it was just me, but I thought that you did quite a bit of wiki work.
BMS 19' SHS 23'
TheCrazyChemist's Userpage
Failed Co-Sassy of Scioly Assassination 138: Tanks and Turrets.

Unome
State: GA

Postby Unome » April 17th, 2019, 3:43 pm

Wait a minute, I just realized that you're not exalted East. Maybe it was just me, but I thought that you did quite a bit of wiki work.
Medals go away when you become staff. Trading recognition for responsibility, as someone once said.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
State: MD

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » April 18th, 2019, 5:33 am

If you go to my profile, you can see I'm still in the Exalted Member group. Administrator is a higher rank, though, so that's the one that shows up.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

If you have any questions for me, always feel free to shoot me a PM.

Return to “General Competition”