Score Discussion

Tendan
Division: C
State: PA
Been thanked: 0

Re: Score Discussion

Post by Tendan »

MadCow2357 wrote:
AugustW wrote:My car is getting 4-5 second times and around 8 or less cm off target. My gap is 13 inches, which is a bonus of 33cm. Thanks, is there any way to go to nationals if your school is not going? I do not think so, but I was just wondering. I also think that I did the math right to get a score of -17. If I didn't plz let me know. Thank you. Also, how do you get invited to an invitational?
Assuming a 4.5 sec time, 8 cm off, and 33 cm bonus, that is negative 26 (good job! :) ). There is no way to compete at nationals if your team didn't win 1st (or 2nd based on your states' number of bids). You don't really get invited to an invitational - an invitational is basically a practice tournament that your team signs up for (extra payment).
August's math would be right. (110-33)*(-0.5)+4.5+8*2 = -18
I think you forgot to multiply distance from target by 2.

Either way, -18 is a great score.
2019 - 2020 Events
~ Boomilever
~ Detector Building
~ Gravity Vehicle
~ Machines
~ Ping-Pong Parachute
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

Tendan wrote:
MadCow2357 wrote:
AugustW wrote:My car is getting 4-5 second times and around 8 or less cm off target. My gap is 13 inches, which is a bonus of 33cm. Thanks, is there any way to go to nationals if your school is not going? I do not think so, but I was just wondering. I also think that I did the math right to get a score of -17. If I didn't plz let me know. Thank you. Also, how do you get invited to an invitational?
Assuming a 4.5 sec time, 8 cm off, and 33 cm bonus, that is negative 26 (good job! :) ). There is no way to compete at nationals if your team didn't win 1st (or 2nd based on your states' number of bids). You don't really get invited to an invitational - an invitational is basically a practice tournament that your team signs up for (extra payment).
August's math would be right. (110-33)*(-0.5)+4.5+8*2 = -18
I think you forgot to multiply distance from target by 2.

Either way, -18 is a great score.
Right my bad ;)

Rip my math :(
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
maxbajcz
Coach
Coach
State: MI

Post by maxbajcz »

Just curious to know what the best official scores have been at state competitions. The two Michigan teams that are going to Nats placed 1st and 2nd in BB at States.
waffletree
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by waffletree »

PA states:
1. -23.59 (going to nationals)
2. -17.45
3. -10.17
4. 4.49 (going to nationals)
5. 5.15
6. 18.53
builder cult vp // #treegang
jgrischow1
Division: B
State: OH
Has thanked: 0

Post by jgrischow1 »

maxbajcz wrote:Just curious to know what the best official scores have been at state competitions. The two Michigan teams that are going to Nats placed 1st and 2nd in BB at States.
3rd place in Ohio was around -17. 2nd place appeared to be right on with accuracy, with time in the 3-4 range, and with a can bonus of 30-40 cm, but I was just eyeballing. 1st place team I didn't see; they are going to nationals. 8th place also going to nationals; didn't see them.

Return to “Battery Buggy B”