2019 National Tournament: Cornell University

waffletree
Member
Member
Posts: 235
Joined: March 28th, 2018, 2:30 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2019 National Tournament: Cornell University

Post by waffletree » May 3rd, 2019, 11:02 am

DarthBuilder wrote: ah yes, i just loved playing with my broken towers
i always find a pile of dead towers or boomis at the end of the season and spend like half an hour snapping them (so satisfying)
builder cult vp // #treegang

coachchuckaahs
Member
Member
Posts: 428
Joined: April 24th, 2017, 9:19 am
Division: B
State: NM
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: 2019 National Tournament: Cornell University

Post by coachchuckaahs » May 3rd, 2019, 12:15 pm

I have 4 year of planes and heli's from my teams. Can't bear to toss them, too many good memories! But they sure take up space!

Coach Chuck
Coach, Albuquerque Area Home Schoolers Flying Events
Nationals Results:
2016 C WS 8th place
2018 B WS 2nd place
2018 C Heli Champion
2019 B ELG 3rd place
2019 C WS Champion
AMA Results: 3 AAHS members qualify for US Jr Team in F1D, 4 new youth senior records

User avatar
TheChiScientist
Member
Member
Posts: 722
Joined: March 11th, 2018, 11:25 am
Division: Grad
State: IL
Location: Prepping for an economic collapse *cough*
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: 2019 National Tournament: Cornell University

Post by TheChiScientist » May 3rd, 2019, 12:31 pm

coachchuckaahs wrote:I have 4 year of planes and heli's from my teams. Can't bear to toss them, too many good memories! But they sure take up space!

Coach Chuck
Hehe. Still got my bridge from 2015 intact... Same with the mostly intact boomilevers. Always store your builds if possible.
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me

User avatar
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2075
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Location: Seattle, WA
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 101 times
Contact:

Re: 2019 National Tournament: Cornell University

Post by bernard » May 3rd, 2019, 2:39 pm

TheChiScientist wrote:
coachchuckaahs wrote:I have 4 year of planes and heli's from my teams. Can't bear to toss them, too many good memories! But they sure take up space!

Coach Chuck
Hehe. Still got my bridge from 2015 intact... Same with the mostly intact boomilevers. Always store your builds if possible.
I think I have a bridge in the time capsule I put together at end of high school. I think it might be due for opening this year.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

chalker
Member
Member
Posts: 2104
Joined: January 9th, 2009, 7:30 pm
Division: Grad
State: OH
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: 2019 National Tournament: Cornell University

Post by chalker » May 3rd, 2019, 6:31 pm

bernard wrote:
TheChiScientist wrote:
coachchuckaahs wrote:I have 4 year of planes and heli's from my teams. Can't bear to toss them, too many good memories! But they sure take up space!

Coach Chuck
Hehe. Still got my bridge from 2015 intact... Same with the mostly intact boomilevers. Always store your builds if possible.
I think I have a bridge in the time capsule I put together at end of high school. I think it might be due for opening this year.
I've still got an intact bridge from circa 1993 which got me a bronze at nationals;)

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair

User avatar
builderguy135
Member
Member
Posts: 658
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 12:24 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: 2019 National Tournament: Cornell University

Post by builderguy135 » May 3rd, 2019, 6:36 pm

chalker wrote:
bernard wrote:
TheChiScientist wrote: Hehe. Still got my bridge from 2015 intact... Same with the mostly intact boomilevers. Always store your builds if possible.
I think I have a bridge in the time capsule I put together at end of high school. I think it might be due for opening this year.
I've still got an intact bridge from circa 1993 which got me a bronze at nationals;)
Out of interest, how did the nats medals look back then lol
HSN '22 & DMAH Co-Captain
6-time medalist in Nationals 2019
2020 Sounds MIT and Princeton Champion
2020 (and probably 2021 :( ) Events: PPP/Sounds/Wright/Code/PaRaSiToLoGy

User avatar
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2075
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Location: Seattle, WA
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 101 times
Contact:

Re: 2019 National Tournament: Cornell University

Post by bernard » May 3rd, 2019, 7:25 pm

chalker wrote:
bernard wrote:
TheChiScientist wrote: Hehe. Still got my bridge from 2015 intact... Same with the mostly intact boomilevers. Always store your builds if possible.
I think I have a bridge in the time capsule I put together at end of high school. I think it might be due for opening this year.
I've still got an intact bridge from circa 1993 which got me a bronze at nationals;)
"Intact bridge"--he's bragging about hold all the free-flowing material. :P
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

chalker
Member
Member
Posts: 2104
Joined: January 9th, 2009, 7:30 pm
Division: Grad
State: OH
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: 2019 National Tournament: Cornell University

Post by chalker » May 4th, 2019, 5:55 pm

builderguy135 wrote:
chalker wrote:
bernard wrote: I think I have a bridge in the time capsule I put together at end of high school. I think it might be due for opening this year.
I've still got an intact bridge from circa 1993 which got me a bronze at nationals;)
Out of interest, how did the nats medals look back then lol
That's a good question.. I hadn't ever directly compared them, so I just dug out a gold/silver/bronze from the 1993-1994 era, and took a photo comparing them to 'current' gold/silver/bronze medals. The design has change a bit. The modern medals are a bit bigger diameter and significantly thicker than the old ones, as is the lanyard they are attached to. The 'Sponsored by DuPont' text is now engraved on the backside.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiDNRgPxV7d-iI8nqo_SqUQZTQGmwg

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair

User avatar
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2075
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Location: Seattle, WA
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 101 times
Contact:

Re: 2019 National Tournament: Cornell University

Post by bernard » May 5th, 2019, 3:16 pm

If someone can fill in the missing qualifiers on Cornell University 2019 Wiki, I'll get Prediction Contest running shortly.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

19alekb
Member
Member
Posts: 98
Joined: April 21st, 2018, 6:13 am
Division: B
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2019 National Tournament: Cornell University

Post by 19alekb » May 5th, 2019, 3:49 pm

bernard wrote:If someone can fill in the missing qualifiers on Cornell University 2019 Wiki, I'll get Prediction Contest running shortly.
Div B is fully filled in, I think.

Post Reply

Return to “2019 Nationals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests