I scared people will judge me

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
Name
Division: C
State: NY

Re: I scared people will judge me

Postby Name » May 14th, 2019, 8:52 pm

By my second year of SciOly, I realized that the easiest way to overcome anxiety is to not care too much. I always print out my notes in the middle of the week when there's a competition that weekend and, the night before, I get in around 5 hours of gaming and 8 hours of sleep. This method has worked for me greatly, but I do not recommend it for everyone. But yeah, SciOly is meant to be a fun experience and you can't really enjoy it when you're bound by expectations set by yourself and those around you.
Agreed. I like to have stuff done way ahead of time, and just chill like the week before a comp. It's less stressful, and you learn better by studying earlier instead of cramming. Don't worry too much if you do badly, if you do just try and do better next time.
South Woods MS/Syosset HS '21
Favorite Past Events: Microbe, Invasive, Matsci, Fermi
Events!: Astro, Code, Fossils
Div C medals: 29

SciolyMaster
Division: C
State: MO

Re: I scared people will judge me

Postby SciolyMaster » May 15th, 2019, 7:46 am

By my second year of SciOly, I realized that the easiest way to overcome anxiety is to not care too much. I always print out my notes in the middle of the week when there's a competition that weekend and, the night before, I get in around 5 hours of gaming and 8 hours of sleep. This method has worked for me greatly, but I do not recommend it for everyone. But yeah, SciOly is meant to be a fun experience and you can't really enjoy it when you're bound by expectations set by yourself and those around you.
Agreed. I like to have stuff done way ahead of time, and just chill like the week before a comp. It's less stressful, and you learn better by studying earlier instead of cramming. Don't worry too much if you do badly, if you do just try and do better next time.
I wish I could do that... :cry:
Ladue Science Olympiad
Sounds
Geo Mapping
DyPlan
Astro?
GV?
UChicago / regionals / state
Sounds: 5 / 2 / 3
Geo Mapping: 2 / 1 / 2
Thermo: - / 1 / :cry:
Astro: - / 1 / -  8-)