Scioly Summer Study Session 2019

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2019

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F »

klastyioer wrote:build submissions are also pdf form, correct?
oh and can more than one person work on a submission at a time?
Build submissions should be PDF files for easy access.

According to the FAQ, "You are allowed to collaborate and check over each other’s work, but each user must submit at the minimum one individual submission. We encourage posting questions on the forums!"

[disclaimer: not a SSSS mod]
klastyioer
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by klastyioer »

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:
klastyioer wrote:build submissions are also pdf form, correct?
oh and can more than one person work on a submission at a time?
Build submissions should be PDF files for easy access.

According to the FAQ, "You are allowed to collaborate and check over each other’s work, but each user must submit at the minimum one individual submission. We encourage posting questions on the forums!"

[disclaimer: not a SSSS mod]
okie cooool tysm
ws here i come
it's not about the medals; go out there and have fun. make progress, learn a few things and have one heck of a time; that's all that matters.

Check out Klastyioer's Userpage!
Pastaman202
State: IL
Been thanked: 0

Post by Pastaman202 »

are we allowed to make a div b test if you are going into div c (can i make a div b circuit test even though i will be a 9th grader in div c cuz i dont know some things on div c rules)
foreverphysics
Division: Grad
State: AL
Has thanked: 0

Post by foreverphysics »

Pastaman202 wrote:are we allowed to make a div b test if you are going into div c (can i make a div b circuit test even though i will be a 9th grader in div c cuz i dont know some things on div c rules)
You are allowed to make a test or notes for any event you wish, B or C.
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by sciolyperson1 »

Scioly Summer Study Session wrote:You may submit a set of images AND build plans for build events. There must be at least 3 images. They can be CAD or actual images.
Can I submit my MissionPo device (div B), from two years back - with, for example, views from multiple angles, along with my transfer sequence list?
SoCal Planning Team & BirdSO Tournament Director
WW-P HSN '22, Community MS '18
Sciolyperson1's Userpage
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by syo_astro »

sciolyperson1 wrote:Can I submit my MissionPo device (div B), from two years back - with, for example, views from multiple angles, along with my transfer sequence list?
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Now answered at the end of "Submissions [Formatting]" in the FAQs (edited to be more general). It's good to consider what would be useful to you and others:
1) The study session is mostly so *you* study, and generally people (I'm told) get the most out of making their own work.
2) We also like to see that submissions aren't useless to others. We may ask you to provide details, namely build plans.

As I try to explain in the FAQs, this process is meant to be collaborative and positive: either emailing us and our mods or asking on the forums / in this thread, etc to learn new ideas or approaches! That's the main stuff I can think of off the top of my head, can update if I think of more.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
cacodemon

Post by cacodemon »

For Astronomy, the topic is listed as being "star and galaxy formation and evolution". However, according to the event supervisor webinar (http://chandra.harvard.edu/edu/olympiad_2019.html), they say the topic will remain the same as this year ("stellar evolution in normal and starburst galaxies") but with new DSOs. Is this true, or have they changed their minds since then? Thanks.
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

cacodemon wrote:For Astronomy, the topic is listed as being "star and galaxy formation and evolution". However, according to the event supervisor webinar (http://chandra.harvard.edu/edu/olympiad_2019.html), they say the topic will remain the same as this year ("stellar evolution in normal and starburst galaxies") but with new DSOs. Is this true, or have they changed their minds since then? Thanks.
I think forever and syo probably have the most up to date info for Astro. I'm expecting a slightly different topic related to galaxies.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Oblivion
State: MI

Post by Oblivion »

Have moderators that have gotten selected been notified yet?
cacodemon

Post by cacodemon »

Unome wrote:
cacodemon wrote:For Astronomy, the topic is listed as being "star and galaxy formation and evolution". However, according to the event supervisor webinar (http://chandra.harvard.edu/edu/olympiad_2019.html), they say the topic will remain the same as this year ("stellar evolution in normal and starburst galaxies") but with new DSOs. Is this true, or have they changed their minds since then? Thanks.
I think forever and syo probably have the most up to date info for Astro. I'm expecting a slightly different topic related to galaxies.
OK, thanks.

Return to “SSSS & SEC”