pepperonipi
Division: C
State: FL
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: Florida 2019

Post by pepperonipi »

jaah5211 wrote:
windu34 wrote:
jaah5211 wrote: So is it confirmed that UF is hosting the states for 2020?
Pretty much - the President of FSO and Valerie (state director) are both willing to let us run it, but I am waiting to ensure that UF admin will give us access to the rooms we need. They have been being unresponsive recently (probably because its summer) and I would like a more definitive "yes" before we fully commit to it. We will post on here and through social media as soon as we officially commit.
thank you!
Although having state competitions at UCF was fun, I believe UF will be delivering a higher quality tests and event supervisions!
I definitely agree. I can't wait for the next state tournament - seems like it's going to be really fun and provide a high quality experience!
happy new season!

University of Florida
My Wiki Page | WikiProject SciOly and Scioly.org | Pi-Bot

2019: Code, Fermi, Thermo
2020: Detector, Orni, Code (Substitution: Penn)
2021: Detector, Orni, Circuit, WICI
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B
State: GA

Post by rfscoach »

windu34 wrote:
demir wrote:
windu34 wrote: Working on a March 28th date, but not confirmed yet. It will likely be 1-2 months before a date and location is set (UF or UCF).
March 28 would be fantastic :) How about regional? I hope the regional dates will be closer this year, so we can have more meaningful invitationals for everyone. I pledge at least two middle school invitationals again. It could be even three this year. Not sure about high school, but would like to host one. I sure hope you can host a high school invitational as well.

It was a good year overall for us except "oh we were so close" blues at division C. Looking forward to 2019-2020.
Tentatively, the plan is for UF Regionals to be held on January 18th, 2020, and Florida States to be held at UF on March 28th, 2020.

We will not be hosting an invitational because we will have our hands full planning these two tournaments. We are however looking into opening up our regional tournament to other teams from both within and outside of FL to compete "for fun". They would have to pay an additional registration fee and would not receive medals/trophies and would not be included in the final rankings, but they would be able to come and compete. This is a tentative idea that I would love some feedback on.
Interesting idea. It could be very appealing to some Atlanta area teams, being only a 5-6 hour drive. Also, we at FSA are looking for combined B/C tournaments and UF regionals would qualify for that.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad

Post by windu34 »

Apologies for the long delay - Protein Modeling C supplemental (Non-MSOE) questions are uploaded.
http://uf.floridascienceolympiad.org/index.php/past-tests/
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
jaah5211
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 0

Post by jaah5211 »

windu34 wrote:Apologies for the long delay - Protein Modeling C supplemental (Non-MSOE) questions are uploaded.
thank you! will geomap tests be uploaded as well?
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by windu34 »

jaah5211 wrote:
windu34 wrote:Apologies for the long delay - Protein Modeling C supplemental (Non-MSOE) questions are uploaded.
thank you! will geomap tests be uploaded as well?
There was an issue with Geomapping - it was supposed to be written by Unome, but that exam was not administered on the day of competition. The test that was administered will not be released because it did not come from Florida.
The test Unome originally wrote for States will be administered at either UF Regionals or the State tournament this year, pending any adjustments that may be needed.
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by windu34 »

Announcing the date for the 2020 Florida State Tournament, hosted by Science Olympiad at the University of Florida!
Killboe
State: AR

Post by Killboe »

windu34 wrote:Announcing the date for the 2020 Florida State Tournament, hosted by Science Olympiad at the University of Florida!
Sad to be not participating (most likely), but great to see that the state tourney has switched to a more lavish campus. I'm sure that the quality of the tourney will improve greatly. Good luck to all competitors!
jaah5211
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by jaah5211 »

windu34 wrote:Announcing the date for the 2020 Florida State Tournament, hosted by Science Olympiad at the University of Florida!
Very happy to see that UF is finally hosting the state tournament! I already saw the ESs and I can see that it will be a high quality state tournament!
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by windu34 »

jaah5211 wrote:
Very happy to see that UF is finally hosting the state tournament! I already saw the ESs and I can see that it will be a high quality state tournament!
Im glad you're excited! As always, feel free to reach out or post here with any questions!

Return to “2019 Regionals & States”