Score Predictions

lavarball
Division: C
State: PA

Score Predictions

Post by lavarball »

Alrighty people, what are our predictions? Will anyone hit 3k?
Eagle View MS 2014-2017
Cumberland Valley HS 2017-2020
Penn State University 2020-2024
TheChiScientist
Division: Grad
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Score Predictions

Post by TheChiScientist »

lavarball wrote: September 10th, 2019, 5:10 am Alrighty people, what are our predictions? Will anyone hit 3k?
Div B. Yes with scores in the 3k-3.2k range at Nats.
Div C. Unlikely but possible with scores in the 2.7k to 3k range at Nats.
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
knightmoves

Post by knightmoves »

Compared to last year, boomis need to be a bit more massive because of the 8 cm rule, so non-bonus scores should be lower than last year by perhaps 10% or so. With the bonus, 3k requires holding full whack with a 6.6g boomi. That's probably achievable by the best - given the top scores last year. I think someone will hit 3k during the season for C, but most people won't try, because they'll overbuild a bit to be sure of the bonus.

Once you get away from the elite builders, I think we'll see fewer teams scoring over 2k, but more teams scoring over 1k (lots of heavy boomis holding full load.)
TheChiScientist
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by TheChiScientist »

knightmoves wrote: September 10th, 2019, 8:51 am Compared to last year, boomis need to be a bit more massive because of the 8 cm rule, so non-bonus scores should be lower than last year by perhaps 10% or so. With the bonus, 3k requires holding full whack with a 6.6g boomi. That's probably achievable by the best - given the top scores last year. I think someone will hit 3k during the season for C, but most people won't try, because they'll overbuild a bit to be sure of the bonus.

Once you get away from the elite builders, I think we'll see fewer teams scoring over 2k, but more teams scoring over 1k (lots of heavy boomis holding full load.)
I second this. I expect the point differential between top 15 teams at nats and 16th or lower to be massive.
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
scioly2345
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by scioly2345 »

knightmoves wrote: September 10th, 2019, 8:51 am Compared to last year, boomis need to be a bit more massive because of the 8 cm rule, so non-bonus scores should be lower than last year by perhaps 10% or so. With the bonus, 3k requires holding full whack with a 6.6g boomi. That's probably achievable by the best - given the top scores last year. I think someone will hit 3k during the season for C, but most people won't try, because they'll overbuild a bit to be sure of the bonus.

May I ask where in the rules it states the 8 cm rule?
2016-2019 Brother Joseph Fox Latin School
2020-2022 Kellenberg Memorial High School
2022 events - Bridge, Write It Do It, Wright Stuff
God Bless and Rest In Peace Len Joeris (Balsa Man)
“for the betterment of science”
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

scioly2345 wrote: September 17th, 2019, 10:44 am May I ask where in the rules it states the 8 cm rule?
5.a.v
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
JonB
Coach
Coach
State: FL

Post by JonB »

I "third" this. I think we will see 3k (div c) at an invite when teams are willing to risk it, very few at nats (but, I think 1st place at nats will be over 3k).
State: DE
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by 123445 »

Shouldn't scores be lower than last year with the new width requirement? Nvm you guys were talking about 3k w the bonus.
sneepity
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by sneepity »

uh i just wanted to ask what are the bonuses?
also what if you have a 27g boomilever, how do you make it lighter?
B)

Return to “Boomilever B/C”