Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
Things2do
Division: Grad
State: TN
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Politics

Post by Things2do »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshe ... 1a6dbf5bde

That's the first time I've found a trustworthy website saying that...
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
TheChiScientist
State: IL

Post by TheChiScientist »

Impeachment inquiry into our current president... (Finally) Thoughts?
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

TheChiScientist wrote: September 24th, 2019, 6:11 pm Impeachment inquiry into our current president... (Finally) Thoughts?
YAY
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
TheChiScientist
State: IL

Post by TheChiScientist »

MadCow2357 wrote: September 24th, 2019, 6:16 pm
TheChiScientist wrote: September 24th, 2019, 6:11 pm Impeachment inquiry into our current president... (Finally) Thoughts?
YAY
Lol. Honestly I feel like we are gonna get a nixon pulled on us if the impeachment will succeed.
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
JoeyC
State: TX

Post by JoeyC »

What's the point anymore? By the time impeachment actually gets through we'll have a new president already. Unless of course Trump is reelected. Then I say yes.
DatSciolyBoi
State: CA

Post by DatSciolyBoi »

(Guys, don't hate)

I honestly feel like Trump is doing a good job. People accuse him of being racist and stuff but black unemployment is actually at a all time low. Plus, people are starting to feel like the democrats care more about other countries and illegal aliens more than their own citizens. For example, the dems vetoed a bill that would help pay for the tuition of children who's parents were hurt or killed in combat, and then pushed for completely free education for illegal aliens. Another warning sign for me was when the democrats pushed for a bill that allows illegal aliens to vote for the president, I mean, what's the point of having a election if some random person can just walk in and support you? Guaranteed, democrats would build a wall 5 times bigger than Trump's if a million Russians entered illegally to vote republican. Granted, Trump is a bit blunt on his statements, but he gets the job done.
Chaparral Middle School -> Troy High School
Background in: Wright Stuff, Bottle Rocket, Mission Possible, Wind Power, Experimental Design, Elastic Launched Glider, Fossils, Mystery Architecture
Builder Cult Satanic Group .CO :twisted:
Co-Sassy of Game 138: Tanks and Turrets
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: PA

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

DatSciolyBoi wrote: September 24th, 2019, 8:15 pm (Guys, don't hate)

I honestly feel like Trump is doing a good job. People accuse him of being racist and stuff but black unemployment is actually at a all time low. Plus, people are starting to feel like the democrats care more about other countries and illegal aliens more than their own citizens. For example, the dems vetoed a bill that would help pay for the tuition of children who's parents were hurt or killed in combat, and then pushed for completely free education for illegal aliens. Another warning sign for me was when the democrats pushed for a bill that allows illegal aliens to vote for the president, I mean, what's the point of having a election if some random person can just walk in and support you? Guaranteed, democrats would build a wall 5 times bigger than Trump's if a million Russians entered illegally to vote republican. Granted, Trump is a bit blunt on his statements, but he gets the job done.
I'm not gonna unpack everything here (because there is a lot that could be unpacked), but it would seem you have a very simplistic view of what constitutes the majority of "illegal aliens". They're not people who just wander into the country to vote in elections.

I would also say that you are leaving out his empowerment of climate change denial, which is really a bigger issue than anything you've brought up.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
DatSciolyBoi
State: CA

Post by DatSciolyBoi »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote: September 24th, 2019, 9:16 pm

I'm not gonna unpack everything here (because there is a lot that could be unpacked), but it would seem you have a very simplistic view of what constitutes the majority of "illegal aliens". They're not people who just wander into the country to vote in elections.

I would also say that you are leaving out his empowerment of climate change denial, which is really a bigger issue than anything you've brought up.
I do understand the plight of these people, as one of my parents have managed a staffing company and would work with them. But at minimum, shouldn't there be a way to document them? We have no way of tracking them or keeping count, they just show up and we offer them jobs. Plus, I believe Trump is just a really good businessman, he just wants the US to come out on top.
Chaparral Middle School -> Troy High School
Background in: Wright Stuff, Bottle Rocket, Mission Possible, Wind Power, Experimental Design, Elastic Launched Glider, Fossils, Mystery Architecture
Builder Cult Satanic Group .CO :twisted:
Co-Sassy of Game 138: Tanks and Turrets
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

DatSciolyBoi wrote: September 25th, 2019, 8:44 am
EastStroudsburg13 wrote: September 24th, 2019, 9:16 pm

I do understand the plight of these people, as one of my parents have managed a staffing company and would work with them. But at minimum, shouldn't there be a way to document them? We have no way of tracking them or keeping count, they just show up and we offer them jobs. Plus, I believe Trump is just a really good businessman, he just wants the US to come out on top.
How exactly is Trump a good businessman? He inherited a multi-million dollar fortune from his father and has since lost billions of dollars in his ridiculous business ventures. Let's take a look at an example:

Trump Steaks!!!!! They are the best steaks, and they can only be bought at the SHARPER IMAGE. Who the heck sells their steak at the Sharper Image? "Yes I'd like an air purifier and some of the FINEST BEEF IN THE WORLD!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, go back to 2005, during arguably the worst recent economic slump in the 21st century. wHy Did hE StarT a MortGage cOmpany thEn?? "Trump mortgage, and it's gonna be a great company." (I don't remember what he said exactly, but it was similar to that). Guess what, big surprise here: It wasn't a great company. It went bye-bye in two years. :P

My point is, the fact that Trump is rich does NOT mean he is a good businessman. IMO, probably one of the worst businessmen I've heard of.

Wanna move on to whether he's morally fit to be president? He is absolutely not. Go back to the 1980s/1990s when Trump was eligible to be drafted. He was apparently excused multiple times because his ankle had some kind of bone problem. I don't buy that, and neither should you. Trump steaks would be a better purchase and that's definitely saying something. Considering that he played for a football team, and is rumored to have done quite well at it, health issues should not be a problem. Long story short, he got out of being drafted simply because his family had the money. Looking at more recent events, let me tell you, obstruction of justice is one of MANY issues he has.

As for these "illegal aliens" you are talking about, most are just coming to the US to find better lives, not be criminals or steal jobs or vote in elections. They are willing to take jobs that most other Americans would never want. Working on a farm, cleaning streets - do the people who complain about losing their jobs to immigrants really want to do that? These "aliens" help this economy, not hurt it. Mexicans aren't rapists and criminals like Trump says they are.

And climate change is perhaps the largest problem of all. Global warming isn't some hoax designed by scientists across the world to scare us, it's a threat that will kill us all very very soon. Is Trump saying that "Global warming is a hoax because it's snowing" a good sign? No.

I doubt anybody claiming that Trump is fit to be president can win this argument, cause I still have a lot of ammo left for this debate.
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
JoeyC
State: TX

Post by JoeyC »

DatSciolyBoi wrote: September 25th, 2019, 8:44 am Plus, I believe Trump is just a really good businessman, he just wants the US to come out on top.
Sorry dude, but if he was a good businessman he would have found a better way to beat China than engaging in a trade war that we can't win.
The trade war hurts the global economy and of more significance to this debate, the American populous.
Some may say that the economy is strong, but look at the signs!
Bond yields are dropping, stock markets are drooping; just because it's not raining yet doesn't mean it's not about to.
In the end, we're all gonna get hurt, but because China doesn't really need to care about their people so long as the elite are fine (and they will be), we're gonna be the ones who are gonna have to cave first. (cause our people have a voice)

Return to “General Chat”