Those moments you will never forget!

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
OpticsNerd
Division: C
State: WI
Has thanked: 0

Re: Those moments you will never forget!

Post by OpticsNerd »

1. When I flew my Wright Stuff plane at nationals and got what I thought was a terrible flight time and ended up getting 4th
2. When we got 4th at a big invitational for division B hovercraft with no successful runs and 5/21 on the written test(Was way too difficult and didn't know sig figs)
3. When we won state for optics by a decent margin with only 10/40 on the laser shoot(Because somehow we just did that well on the written test)
4. When my WS plane at state flew right through all of the obstacles in the room without touching any of them, ended up with a good flight time
Blank25
Division: Grad
State: NY

Post by Blank25 »

1. When someone brought a PINEAPPLE for their Robot Arm at regionals and didn't get tiered(I wasn't there to see it but one of my friends did).
2. When I got 49th at Mission by submitting a cardboard box that my teammate cut out during the impound phase(aka I was surprised 7 teams did worse than my team).
2020 Events: Astronomy, Ornithology, Water Quality, Protein Modeling
2019 Events: Fermi, Protein Modeling, Mission Possible
2018 Events: Dynamic Planet, Herpetology, Towers, Disease Detectives, Forensics, Parasitology
2017 Events: Ecology, Invasives, Hovercraft, Towers, Astronomy
Crimesolver
State: CA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Crimesolver »

Blank25 wrote:1. When someone brought a PINEAPPLE for their Robot Arm at regionals and didn't get tiered(I wasn't there to see it but one of my friends did).
I would have loved to see their technical documentation. "Parts - flesh"
Keep on going :)
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by LittleMissNyan »

Blank25 wrote:1. When someone brought a PINEAPPLE for their Robot Arm at regionals and didn't get tiered(I wasn't there to see it but one of my friends did).
OOF :P
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
PeriodicPenguins82
Division: B
State: OH
Been thanked: 0

Post by PeriodicPenguins82 »

Crimesolver wrote:
PeriodicPenguins82 wrote:Me and my partner were alternates for herpetology on team 2. We did not know anything about herpetology and did not even have a binder. We answered "oof" to every question we did not know, which was more than half. Our team 1, on the other hand, had the largest binder, already had 2 years of experience in that event, and spent their whole break studying and going over the animals on the list. When we got the scores back, my team: team 2, scored 5 places higher than team 1. Also, we scored in the top 10 at this regional competition!!!!!!
How is that-
What kinda sorce-
7th place herpetology,
team 2 got 12th :P
Tailsfan101
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Getting 6th at an invitational this year in ELG when neither I nor my partner had even practiced launching it until the actual competition. We only even got two official flights off, one was maybe 5-10 seconds, the other divebombed.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
antigem
State: WA

Post by antigem »

The night before state we went to old country buffet. My friend is a vegetarian, so she didn't have many options. She decided on the taco bar, and came back with a tortilla shell filled with 3 tomatoes, sour cream, and lettuce. She wanted to add more but people were staring and she kept dropping food and it was just a mess.
Central Valley High School, WA

2019 events and place at regionals:
Boomilever 4th
Write it Do it 2nd
Mission Possible 2nd
Thermodynamics 2nd
FLLkitty
State: CA

Post by FLLkitty »

Once at regionals, my friends and I were sitting on top of this wall just making jokes and talking and generally having a good time. So I make a really bad joke, and just start laughing extremely hard at my own terrible joke to the point that I freaking FALL OFF THE WALL. My friends got super scared for a second but I got up with nothing more than a few scrapes and such and we still laugh about that memory to this day.
Good Morning Gamers
pepperonipi
State: FL

Post by pepperonipi »

FLLkitty wrote: September 30th, 2019, 11:14 am Once at regionals, my friends and I were sitting on top of this wall just making jokes and talking and generally having a good time. So I make a really bad joke, and just start laughing extremely hard at my own terrible joke to the point that I freaking FALL OFF THE WALL. My friends got super scared for a second but I got up with nothing more than a few scrapes and such and we still laugh about that memory to this day.
Reminds me of one time when my team was heading through the Philly airport and my friend slid down the railing on the side of some stairs and then fell over the railing on to the ground below lol. He got up fine, and I still laugh thinking about it to this day.
happy new season!

University of Florida
My Wiki Page | WikiProject SciOly and Scioly.org | Pi-Bot

2019: Code, Fermi, Thermo
2020: Detector, Orni, Code (Substitution: Penn)
2021: Detector, Orni, Circuit, WICI
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by BennyTheJett »

Getting called by your coach and asked to go to a competition you weren't supposed to the day before a competition, then end up medaling twice.
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.

Return to “General Chat”