SciOly Assassination 143: City Of SciOlypolis

JoeyC
Division: Grad
State: TX

Re: SciOly Assassination 143: City Of SciOlypolis

Post by JoeyC »

Assassinator wrote: October 8th, 2019, 6:18 pm How disappointing. I won't spare you with a short recap, but, suffice it to say, TheCrazyChemist saved Things2do. Another accusation for him. Oh boy.

Here's my next target:

ieqr mvudc jgikfi

You seem to have figured out one of these in the past, but I've added another layer. Blaise (although it was really Giovan) will be able to help you with this one again, at least for the first steps. This clue is rather like a matryoshka doll. On the outer one is a depiction of the local top dog. The inner one has the name of H.J. Potter's nemesis.

48 hours.
Blaise and Giovani are gym leaders! (but it's Giovan not Giovani)
Things2do
State: TN
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Things2do »

Assassinator wrote: October 8th, 2019, 6:18 pm How disappointing. I won't spare you with a short recap, but, suffice it to say, TheCrazyChemist saved Things2do. Another accusation for him. Oh boy.

Here's my next target:

ieqr mvudc jgikfi

You seem to have figured out one of these in the past, but I've added another layer. Blaise (although it was really Giovan) will be able to help you with this one again, at least for the first steps. This clue is rather like a matryoshka doll. On the outer one is a depiction of the local top dog. The inner one has the name of H.J. Potter's nemesis.

48 hours.
Harry James Potter's nemesis is Draco Malfoy, ain't it?
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
amk578
Division: C
State: IN

Post by amk578 »

The cipher is probably a vigenere, because Blaise de Vigenere is some guy accredited with making the encryption method but apparently someone named Giovan described it first? Idk.
2018 - Anatomy, Crime Busters, & Road
2019 - Anatomy, Disease, Heredity, & Road
2020 - Anatomy, DGenes, Disease, Forensics, Ping Pong Parachute, & Protein Modeling
2021 - Anatomy, Chem Lab, DGenes, Disease, Machines, & Protein Modeling
JoeyC
State: TX

Post by JoeyC »

So it's a vignere for the first, under the code of the "local top dog" and for the second another decrypting with the code of probably Draco Malfoy or Voldemort/TomRiddle/Hewhoisnottobenamed.
I don't like the Wizarding universe's logic.
Why would I ever use Avada Kedavra if I could just hit them with an explosive spell?
Or better yet, have a spell that just kills em if they're in range. (it should be possible given the range of what magic is capable in their universe)
Or even better, accio Russia's nukes.
Or just use a gun. That's probably more dangerous than anything in that universe combined.
(as a Texan, trust me, Voldemort would not stand 2 seconds against a dude with a semi-auto)
TheCrazyChemist
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by TheCrazyChemist »

I don't have any idea about the clue. However, I'm gonna accuse TCS. I accuse TheChiScientist because the sig on clue number 7 can refer to Lake County, CA, which has a lake called Clear Lake in it, which is like Crystal Lake, the school TCS used to go to. In addition, TCS has been kinda quiet on the forums, which could but attributed to going into college, but I'm not sure.
TheChiScientist
State: IL

Post by TheChiScientist »

TheCrazyChemist wrote: October 9th, 2019, 5:58 am I don't have any idea about the clue. However, I'm gonna accuse TCS. I accuse TheChiScientist because the sig on clue number 7 can refer to Lake County, CA, which has a lake called Clear Lake in it, which is like Crystal Lake, the school TCS used to go to. In addition, TCS has been kinda quiet on the forums, which could but attributed to going into college, but I'm not sure.
Boi u couldn't be more wrong. :lol: I've been lurking but yea I'm busy...
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by CPScienceDude »

It's things. I'm calling it.
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

I am not TCS. One fewer accusation for TCC. I will also be polite and confirm that the first step is a Vigenere.
mogus
Tailsfan101
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

<deleted>
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
Creationist127
Division: C

Post by Creationist127 »

Here's my next target:

ieqr mvudc jgikfi

48 hours.
If I use a key of "bernard", I get "haze mercy stitch". Bernard being one of SciOly.org's 'top dogs', of course.
It is legible words, but I don't know what it means.
2018: Hovercraft, Thermo, Coaster, Solar System
2019: Thermo, Circuit Lab, Sounds, Wright Stuff
2020: Circuit Lab, Wright Stuff, Machines
2021: Circuit Lab, Machines, WIDI, anything but Wright Stuff

Can I request that we delete 2020 from our memories and do it over again?

Return to “Assassinator Games”