Circuit Lab B

Test your knowledge of various Science Olympiad events.
User avatar
Dwu1011
Member
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: October 14th, 2018, 3:57 pm
Division: B
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Circuit Lab B

Post by Dwu1011 » October 21st, 2019, 11:06 am

Lets start off with an easy question!

There is a 9 volt battery which electrons are flowing through a 3 Ohm resistor. What is the Current?
Optics,Towers, Wright Stuff
Herpetology, Game On, Density Lab
2019-2020 Events:
Ornithology- 2/2/1/1
Density Lab - 1/2/1/4
ELG - 2/7/1/1
Machines- 4/1/1/0
Mission Possible - 13/15/1/1
Game On - 0/2/2/0
SQB - 0/0/0/0/1
Dwu1011's Userpage

NyanEric
Member
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: September 25th, 2019, 12:42 pm
Division: B
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Circuit Lab B

Post by NyanEric » October 21st, 2019, 11:08 am

Dwu1011 wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 11:06 am
Lets start off with an easy question!

There is a 9 volt battery which electrons are flowing through a 3 Ohm resistor. What is the Current?
Is the answer 3 A
"Skill always beats luck." 8-)

User avatar
Dwu1011
Member
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: October 14th, 2018, 3:57 pm
Division: B
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Circuit Lab B

Post by Dwu1011 » October 21st, 2019, 11:08 am

NyanEric wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 11:08 am
Dwu1011 wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 11:06 am
Lets start off with an easy question!

There is a 9 volt battery which electrons are flowing through a 3 Ohm resistor. What is the Current?
Is the answer 3 A
Correct! Now it's your turn.
Optics,Towers, Wright Stuff
Herpetology, Game On, Density Lab
2019-2020 Events:
Ornithology- 2/2/1/1
Density Lab - 1/2/1/4
ELG - 2/7/1/1
Machines- 4/1/1/0
Mission Possible - 13/15/1/1
Game On - 0/2/2/0
SQB - 0/0/0/0/1
Dwu1011's Userpage

NyanEric
Member
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: September 25th, 2019, 12:42 pm
Division: B
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Circuit Lab B

Post by NyanEric » October 21st, 2019, 11:10 am

A current runs through a wire such that it generates a magnetic field. The magnetic field is in the clockwise direction in the plane of your computer screen. What is the direction of the current?
"Skill always beats luck." 8-)

User avatar
Creationist127
Member
Member
Posts: 87
Joined: August 14th, 2018, 3:21 pm
Division: C
State: IN
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Fluctuating between Kanto, Johto, Alola, and Galar
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Circuit Lab B

Post by Creationist127 » October 21st, 2019, 11:14 am

NyanEric wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 11:10 am
A current runs through a wire such that it generates a magnetic field. The magnetic field is in the clockwise direction in the plane of your computer screen. What is the direction of the current?
Into the computer screen.
2018: Hovercraft, Thermo, Coaster, Solar System
2019: Thermo, Circuit Lab, Sounds, Wright Stuff
2020: Circuit Lab, Wright Stuff, Machines
2021: Circuit Lab, Machines, WIDI, Wright Stuff

2021 grind starts now... and no excuses about not knowing the rules yet!

NyanEric
Member
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: September 25th, 2019, 12:42 pm
Division: B
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Circuit Lab B

Post by NyanEric » October 21st, 2019, 3:28 pm

Creationist127 wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 11:14 am
NyanEric wrote:
October 21st, 2019, 11:10 am
A current runs through a wire such that it generates a magnetic field. The magnetic field is in the clockwise direction in the plane of your computer screen. What is the direction of the current?
Into the computer screen.
Correct! It's now your turn!
"Skill always beats luck." 8-)

User avatar
Creationist127
Member
Member
Posts: 87
Joined: August 14th, 2018, 3:21 pm
Division: C
State: IN
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Fluctuating between Kanto, Johto, Alola, and Galar
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Circuit Lab B

Post by Creationist127 » October 21st, 2019, 3:36 pm

A circuit has a 9-volt battery and a 4-ohm, 6-ohm, and 10-ohm resistor, all in series. What is the total power dissipated in the circuit?
2018: Hovercraft, Thermo, Coaster, Solar System
2019: Thermo, Circuit Lab, Sounds, Wright Stuff
2020: Circuit Lab, Wright Stuff, Machines
2021: Circuit Lab, Machines, WIDI, Wright Stuff

2021 grind starts now... and no excuses about not knowing the rules yet!

dchen22
Member
Member
Posts: 53
Joined: February 1st, 2019, 12:40 pm
Division: C
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Circuit Lab B

Post by dchen22 » October 22nd, 2019, 6:05 am

P=V^2/R=4.05W
Fossils, Circuit Lab, Code Busters/Ornithology
Medals: 7

User avatar
Creationist127
Member
Member
Posts: 87
Joined: August 14th, 2018, 3:21 pm
Division: C
State: IN
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Fluctuating between Kanto, Johto, Alola, and Galar
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Circuit Lab B

Post by Creationist127 » October 22nd, 2019, 6:51 am

dchen22 wrote:
October 22nd, 2019, 6:05 am
P=V^2/R=4.05W
Correct! Your turn.
2018: Hovercraft, Thermo, Coaster, Solar System
2019: Thermo, Circuit Lab, Sounds, Wright Stuff
2020: Circuit Lab, Wright Stuff, Machines
2021: Circuit Lab, Machines, WIDI, Wright Stuff

2021 grind starts now... and no excuses about not knowing the rules yet!

BasuSiddha23
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: March 29th, 2017, 2:48 pm
Division: B
State: PA
Location: Bollywood
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Circuit Lab B

Post by BasuSiddha23 » November 15th, 2019, 8:31 am

Since no one is posting any questions:

1) Which law is analogous to Newton's Third Law and states that the direction of an induced current always opposes the magnetic field that produces it?
2) What is one assumption of an ideal operational amplifier?
3) Write the equation for the resistance of a wire, given resistivity, the length and cross-sectional area of the wire.
4) Define eddy currents.
Eagle View MS (2017-2019)

Post Reply

Return to “Question Marathons”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest