Dynamic Planet B/C

aeurius
Division: B
State: MS
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Notes~ Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Post by aeurius »

Alright so im new to scioly and im trying to crunch 3 tested event notes right now lmao. - I was just wondering if there are any SUPER important things that i should be putting in my notes for dynamic planet? - Im going by all of the topics on the manual, but i think im putting too much information on salinity and topography and not enough on plate tectonics and movement. - If anyone has any tips, it would be much appreciated!! <3
trdd

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Post by trdd »

Here is a picture of my family having the full Tidal Resonance experiencing at the Bay of Fundy about 6 years ago. It is a marvelous place. I would recommend any of you who's interested in Oceanography and Tidal Resonance to visit this place one day. It is about a 40 feet difference in water level from high tide to low tide in just 6 hours.
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Notes~ Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Post by Umaroth »

aeurius wrote: November 1st, 2019, 9:19 am Alright so im new to scioly and im trying to crunch 3 tested event notes right now lmao. - I was just wondering if there are any SUPER important things that i should be putting in my notes for dynamic planet? - Im going by all of the topics on the manual, but i think im putting too much information on salinity and topography and not enough on plate tectonics and movement. - If anyone has any tips, it would be much appreciated!! <3
Waves and coastal features/processes are definitely an important part of the event, you want a decent amount of info on that. Might also want basic info on reefs.
Cal 2026
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now

Umaroth's Userpage
aeurius
Division: B
State: MS

Notes Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Post by aeurius »

I'm having such a hard time with notes;;; finding the material to put in there is rough but just organizing it makes it worse. - Does anyone have any suggestions or tips?/ Like should my notes be detailed or short?? Literally anything will help :'(((
jimmy-bond
Division: Grad
State: OH

Re: Notes Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Post by jimmy-bond »

aeurius wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 12:43 pm I'm having such a hard time with notes;;; finding the material to put in there is rough but just organizing it makes it worse. - Does anyone have any suggestions or tips?/ Like should my notes be detailed or short?? Literally anything will help :'(((
We have an entire binder for this event, so you can literally print out entire articles and put them in your binder. The more detailed, the better.

To help me start with my notes, I created a test for my potential teammates based off the basics, covering each and every Roman numeral found in the rules. It help me have surface-level knowledge in most of the subjects we will be tested on. I suggest doing this if you don't know where to start.

Also, organizing your binder by rule-based sections helps a lot.
PCHS, HI '21 | CWRU, OH '25
Code(16), DD(40), FQ(39),4&6(36), WQ(27)
CriB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)
CriB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)
Things2do
Division: Grad
State: TN

Re: Notes Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Post by Things2do »

jimmy-bond wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 4:31 pm
aeurius wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 12:43 pm I'm having such a hard time with notes;;; finding the material to put in there is rough but just organizing it makes it worse. - Does anyone have any suggestions or tips?/ Like should my notes be detailed or short?? Literally anything will help :'(((
We have an entire binder for this event, so you can literally print out entire articles and put them in your binder. The more detailed, the better.

To help me start with my notes, I created a test for my potential teammates based off the basics, covering each and every Roman numeral found in the rules. It help me have surface-level knowledge in most of the subjects we will be tested on. I suggest doing this if you don't know where to start.

Also, organizing your binder by rule-based sections helps a lot.
I usually put information in my binders by chronological order of when I found it, and then add anything similar that I find later in with the previously added part.
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
adarsh

Post by adarsh »

What are some good studying resources for Div B? I feel like there's so much stuff
IHateClouds
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by IHateClouds »

What are some good studying resources for Div B? I feel like there's so much stuff
Wikipedia is pretty good but that's not going to help much with having too much to study. Other than that there's always studies (the abstracts are sometimes useful), online book PDFs, and other websites.
adarsh

Post by adarsh »

any idea when more practice tests will be up?
IHateClouds
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by IHateClouds »

any idea when more practice tests will be up?
Its kind of early in the season because not many invitationals have happened yet. :?
There's some old oceanography tests and one from SSSS tho!

Return to “2020 Study Events”