Unosmium Results and the SciolyFF

For anything Science Olympiad-related that might not fall under a specific event or competition.
RoboMarth
Division: Grad
State: OH

Re: Unosmium Results and the SciolyFF

Post by RoboMarth »

sciolyperson1 wrote: January 7th, 2020, 9:10 pm Just on an unrelated note, when you want to sort by an event, rather than scrolling through the dropdown, is it possible to implement a wikipedia style table like https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Numbe ... _per_State so you can just click on the event label, and it'll sort by that event?
A planned feature.
sciolyperson1 wrote: January 7th, 2020, 9:10 pm As for colors, perhaps add a color for NS (a deep red, perhaps) and one for DQs.
Would prefer not to draw attention to bad results. Or at least, would prefer drawing attention to good results as opposed to bad ones. NS and DQ info is still available by clicking on the team and looking at the detail modal.
Tailsfan101
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Here's a correction to make: Carrie Palmer Weber Middle School and C.P. Weber Middle School (NY) are the same school.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
RoboMarth
State: OH

Post by RoboMarth »

Tailsfan101 wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 2:56 pm Here's a correction to make: Carrie Palmer Weber Middle School and C.P. Weber Middle School (NY) are the same school.
Thanks, fixed.
Havocgamer49
Division: C
State: NC
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Havocgamer49 »

This is a small thing but on the teams page it shows Fred J. Carnage Magnet Middle School as Carnage Magnet Middle School. Also I am planning on posting the 2019 NC States Results as I could not find them in the tournaments. Is anyone already working on this? It would be a shame to repeat that much extra work.
Havocgamer49's Userpage
Jay M Robinson Varsity Team 2017-2020
2017-2018 Events: Disease Detectives, Rocks and Minerals
2018-2019 Events: Disease Detectives, Duct Tape Challenge, Fossils
2019-2020 Events: Disease Detectives, Fossils, Mission Possible, Reach for the Stars
Tailsfan101

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Havocgamer49 wrote: January 24th, 2020, 4:52 pm This is a small thing but on the teams page it shows Fred J. Carnage Magnet Middle School as Carnage Magnet Middle School. Also I am planning on posting the 2019 NC States Results as I could not find them in the tournaments. Is anyone already working on this? It would be a shame to repeat that much extra work.
I have already sent both B and C 2019 NC State to him. I also made a note to change Carnage to Fred J. Carnage Magnet Middle School.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
Havocgamer49

Post by Havocgamer49 »

Okay, Great!

Thanks for responding so quickly, guess I'll move on to another one. By any chance have you already done all of the NC regionals for 2019?
Havocgamer49's Userpage
2019-2020 Events: Disease Detectives, Fossils, Mission Possible, Reach for the Stars
Tailsfan101

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Havocgamer49 wrote: January 25th, 2020, 12:34 pm Okay, Great!

Thanks for responding so quickly, guess I'll move on to another one. By any chance have you already done all of the NC regionals for 2019?
I'm currently working on the B regionals; I've already submitted Asheville and Buies Creek, and am working on Charlotte (alphabetical order). If you want to do the C regionals perhaps, then you should go for that. As a note, if you do, use the second spreadsheet for JV teams, and the first spreadsheet for varsity teams. This way JV teams are well-represented but do not affect varsity scores.

I have no regrets.
Tailsfan101

Post by Tailsfan101 »

MIT name corrections: Amherst Regional High School should be Amherst-Pelham Regional High School, and Northland Christian Education System is better represented as Northland Christian School (according to Google).

I have no regrets.
Havocgamer49

Post by Havocgamer49 »

How do you do different placings for the Varsity and JV teams again? I've added the subdivisions in options and everything, so is it fine if I just let the placings be duplicated and consider them as "exhibition" teams?
Havocgamer49's Userpage
Tailsfan101

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Havocgamer49 wrote: January 26th, 2020, 6:07 pm How do you do different placings for the Varsity and JV teams again? I've added the subdivisions in options and everything, so is it fine if I just let the placings be duplicated and consider them as "exhibition" teams?
Yes. The JV teams should be marked as "exhibition", so most of their placings should be duplicated (except for ones where they placed below all varsity teams).

(RoboMarth, if you have any input on this, feel free to correct me)

I have no regrets.

Return to “General Competition”