Gravity Vehicle C

Locked
Airco2020
Member
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: February 11th, 2019, 12:43 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Gravity Vehicle C

Post by Airco2020 » February 1st, 2020, 2:06 pm

So I have to vent a bit. I'm at an invitational and finished my run. They said 10.5 m was the distance. I ran the first run and it was 80cm short! I over thought my adjustment thinking I must have counted wrong. Run my second run and end up 40cm short.

I spent hours getting my distances down so I couldn't believe what was happening. I asked the judges if I could measure their mark. It was 11.165m!!!!!๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ 

They said sorry but everyone had the same conditions. Just can't believe the judges couldn't get the mark correct!

User avatar
mnoga
Member
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: March 19th, 2015, 6:12 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Gravity Vehicle C

Post by mnoga » February 2nd, 2020, 4:37 pm

Airco2020 wrote: โ†‘
February 1st, 2020, 2:06 pm
So I have to vent a bit. I'm at an invitational and finished my run. They said 10.5 m was the distance. I ran the first run and it was 80cm short! I over thought my adjustment thinking I must have counted wrong. Run my second run and end up 40cm short.

I spent hours getting my distances down so I couldn't believe what was happening. I asked the judges if I could measure their mark. It was 11.165m!!!!!๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ 

They said sorry but everyone had the same conditions. Just can't believe the judges couldn't get the mark correct!
I've seen it before. A few years ago at the Santa Clara Valley Regional, Electric Vehicle, the distance was supposedly 10.0, but it was actually 10.5. IMO, the supervisor or one of her assistants measured 10.0 meters from 0.5 meter time start line.

User avatar
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 1007
Joined: April 23rd, 2018, 7:13 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 367 times
Been thanked: 515 times
Contact:

Re: Gravity Vehicle C

Post by sciolyperson1 » February 2nd, 2020, 5:49 pm

mnoga wrote: โ†‘
February 2nd, 2020, 4:37 pm
Airco2020 wrote: โ†‘
February 1st, 2020, 2:06 pm
So I have to vent a bit. I'm at an invitational and finished my run. They said 10.5 m was the distance. I ran the first run and it was 80cm short! I over thought my adjustment thinking I must have counted wrong. Run my second run and end up 40cm short.

I spent hours getting my distances down so I couldn't believe what was happening. I asked the judges if I could measure their mark. It was 11.165m!!!!!๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ 

They said sorry but everyone had the same conditions. Just can't believe the judges couldn't get the mark correct!
I've seen it before. A few years ago at the Santa Clara Valley Regional, Electric Vehicle, the distance was supposedly 10.0, but it was actually 10.5. IMO, the supervisor or one of her assistants measured 10.0 meters from 0.5 meter time start line.
They also did that for Scrambler, 2017 nats.
WW-P HSN '22, Community '18, BirdSO Tournament Director
'21: Gravity - Boomi - WICI - PPP - Cybersec

BEARSO: Gravity - 1st '21
MIT: LMMM - 1st '21, DigiStruc - 2nd '21, Gravity - 1st '20
PUSO: PPP - 1st '20, WIDI -1st '20

Team:
Nats - 3rd '18, '19
MIT - 1st '21, 3rd '20

Rate my tests!

User avatar
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 356
Joined: December 12th, 2018, 2:40 pm
Division: C
State: IN
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: Gravity Vehicle C

Post by CPScienceDude » February 2nd, 2020, 6:28 pm

sciolyperson1 wrote: โ†‘
February 2nd, 2020, 5:49 pm
mnoga wrote: โ†‘
February 2nd, 2020, 4:37 pm
Airco2020 wrote: โ†‘
February 1st, 2020, 2:06 pm
So I have to vent a bit. I'm at an invitational and finished my run. They said 10.5 m was the distance. I ran the first run and it was 80cm short! I over thought my adjustment thinking I must have counted wrong. Run my second run and end up 40cm short.

I spent hours getting my distances down so I couldn't believe what was happening. I asked the judges if I could measure their mark. It was 11.165m!!!!!๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ 

They said sorry but everyone had the same conditions. Just can't believe the judges couldn't get the mark correct!
I've seen it before. A few years ago at the Santa Clara Valley Regional, Electric Vehicle, the distance was supposedly 10.0, but it was actually 10.5. IMO, the supervisor or one of her assistants measured 10.0 meters from 0.5 meter time start line.
They also did that for Scrambler, 2017 nats.
woah, nats? Either way, though, you should be able to adjust after your first run so that your distance is good.
Captain of CPSO

Assassinator 139 and 147
2021 events: Astronomy, Chem Lab, Ornithology, Machines, Gravity Vehicle, and Forensics

About Me!
Image

Airco2020
Member
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: February 11th, 2019, 12:43 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Gravity Vehicle C

Post by Airco2020 » February 3rd, 2020, 8:27 am

CPScienceDude wrote: โ†‘
February 2nd, 2020, 6:28 pm
sciolyperson1 wrote: โ†‘
February 2nd, 2020, 5:49 pm
mnoga wrote: โ†‘
February 2nd, 2020, 4:37 pm


I've seen it before. A few years ago at the Santa Clara Valley Regional, Electric Vehicle, the distance was supposedly 10.0, but it was actually 10.5. IMO, the supervisor or one of her assistants measured 10.0 meters from 0.5 meter time start line.
They also did that for Scrambler, 2017 nats.
woah, nats? Either way, though, you should be able to adjust after your first run so that your distance is good.
I just freaked out. It was so short on the first run that I assumed I did something wrong and only adjusted have the distance, dumb on my part. I'm going to measure the distance myself from now on and trust my setup!

fyuan483
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: January 13th, 2020, 2:27 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Gravity Vehicle C

Post by fyuan483 » February 6th, 2020, 12:48 pm

hi. are we allowed to just tape something such as a a wheel on the vehicle to add extra weight to it because it is the only way i found that makes the vehicle faster and travel further. thank you!

Vortexx2
Member
Member
Posts: 58
Joined: September 2nd, 2019, 8:17 pm
Division: C
State: IN
Has thanked: 75 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Gravity Vehicle C

Post by Vortexx2 » February 6th, 2020, 1:19 pm

fyuan483 wrote: โ†‘
February 6th, 2020, 12:48 pm
hi. are we allowed to just tape something such as a a wheel on the vehicle to add extra weight to it because it is the only way i found that makes the vehicle faster and travel further. thank you!
yes
2020 Events: Used to be...Code Busters, Designer Genes, Gravity Vehicle, Machines, PPP, Boomilever
Now just Code Busters because no builds ๐Ÿคก

fyuan483
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: January 13th, 2020, 2:27 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Gravity Vehicle C

Post by fyuan483 » February 6th, 2020, 2:19 pm

Vortexx2 wrote: โ†‘
February 6th, 2020, 1:19 pm
fyuan483 wrote: โ†‘
February 6th, 2020, 12:48 pm
hi. are we allowed to just tape something such as a a wheel on the vehicle to add extra weight to it because it is the only way i found that makes the vehicle faster and travel further. thank you!
yes
thank you so much!

User avatar
MTV<=>Operator
Member
Member
Posts: 138
Joined: February 8th, 2019, 12:41 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Gravity Vehicle C

Post by MTV<=>Operator » February 8th, 2020, 7:22 pm

Just clarifying, would wider wheels decrease the side-to-side offset of the vehicle? I'm considering replacing the T40s on my vehicle with T81s for the state competition because my vehicle tends to drift to the side in the direction of the floor tilt.
THHS '21 Builder Cult Member
2017-2018
2018-2019
2019-2020: GV (9 YUSO, 5 Regional), Detector (8 YUSO, 7 Regional), WS (10 Regional), PPP
2020-2021 Events/ Yosemite
Vehicle Design / 1
WICI / 3
Circuits /--
Machines /--

User avatar
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 1007
Joined: April 23rd, 2018, 7:13 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 367 times
Been thanked: 515 times
Contact:

Re: Gravity Vehicle C

Post by sciolyperson1 » February 8th, 2020, 8:02 pm

MTV<=>Operator wrote: โ†‘
February 8th, 2020, 7:22 pm
Just clarifying, would wider wheels decrease the side-to-side offset of the vehicle? I'm considering replacing the T40s on my vehicle with T81s for the state competition because my vehicle tends to drift to the side in the direction of the floor tilt.
Can you clarify what you mean by floor tilt? Most floors are flat enough that they do not affect horizontal car drift.
WW-P HSN '22, Community '18, BirdSO Tournament Director
'21: Gravity - Boomi - WICI - PPP - Cybersec

BEARSO: Gravity - 1st '21
MIT: LMMM - 1st '21, DigiStruc - 2nd '21, Gravity - 1st '20
PUSO: PPP - 1st '20, WIDI -1st '20

Team:
Nats - 3rd '18, '19
MIT - 1st '21, 3rd '20

Rate my tests!

Locked

Return to โ€œGravity Vehicle Cโ€

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests