Your Daily Random Comment

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
User avatar
pepperonipi
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Posts: 159
Joined: January 21st, 2019, 11:38 am
Division: C
State: FL
Location: adding wiki templates lol
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 154 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by pepperonipi » March 23rd, 2020, 11:38 am

Pi-Bot wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 11:09 am
MoMoney$$$;)0) wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 11:03 am
Come on people we need to add to the best of 2020

Best of 2020

If you guys don't know how to add to the WIki, share me the photo privately, and I can add it on. :D
So today I descovered today the easiest way to do that is go on the chat.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 1.0.1). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
No bot the easiest way to do that is to go to the wiki and add it yourself
*slap*
i eat a lot of pizza!!
no seriously help me

Boca Raton Community High School
My Wiki Page | School Wiki Page | WikiProject Tournaments of States | Pi-Bot

2019: Code, Fermi, Thermo
2019 Trials: WTF (MIT), Detector (Nationals)
2020: Detector, Orni, Code (Substitution: Penn)
2020 Trials: Data Sci (Princeton)

User avatar
MoMoney$$$;)0)
Member
Member
Posts: 153
Joined: January 14th, 2019, 6:38 pm
Division: C
State: OH
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: In Cleveland Somewhere
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by MoMoney$$$;)0) » March 23rd, 2020, 11:39 am

pepperonipi wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 11:38 am
Pi-Bot wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 11:09 am
MoMoney$$$;)0) wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 11:03 am
Come on people we need to add to the best of 2020

Best of 2020

If you guys don't know how to add to the WIki, share me the photo privately, and I can add it on. :D
So today I descovered today the easiest way to do that is go on the chat.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 1.0.1). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
No bot the easiest way to do that is to go to the wiki and add it yourself
*slap*
You should work out a way to fliter out spam answers the bot can say. But good work so far, as it's functioning well.
Division C - Northeast Ohio
Gravity Vehicle
Machines
Detector Building
Circuit Lab
Protein Modeling


2019-2020 Medal Count: 5 :cry:
"Don't be upset by the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do'
Memberships: Builder Cult

User avatar
pepperonipi
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Posts: 159
Joined: January 21st, 2019, 11:38 am
Division: C
State: FL
Location: adding wiki templates lol
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 154 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by pepperonipi » March 23rd, 2020, 11:42 am

MoMoney$$$;)0) wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 11:39 am
You should work out a way to fliter out spam answers the bot can say. But good work so far, as it's functioning well.
Might just be a little lightheaded after lunch, but what do you mean by spam answers?
i eat a lot of pizza!!
no seriously help me

Boca Raton Community High School
My Wiki Page | School Wiki Page | WikiProject Tournaments of States | Pi-Bot

2019: Code, Fermi, Thermo
2019 Trials: WTF (MIT), Detector (Nationals)
2020: Detector, Orni, Code (Substitution: Penn)
2020 Trials: Data Sci (Princeton)

User avatar
MoMoney$$$;)0)
Member
Member
Posts: 153
Joined: January 14th, 2019, 6:38 pm
Division: C
State: OH
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: In Cleveland Somewhere
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by MoMoney$$$;)0) » March 23rd, 2020, 12:28 pm

pepperonipi wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 11:42 am
MoMoney$$$;)0) wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 11:39 am
You should work out a way to fliter out spam answers the bot can say. But good work so far, as it's functioning well.
Might just be a little lightheaded after lunch, but what do you mean by spam answers?
I sent you some suggestions privately. ;)
These users thanked the author MoMoney$$$;)0) for the post:
pepperonipi (March 23rd, 2020, 12:32 pm)
Division C - Northeast Ohio
Gravity Vehicle
Machines
Detector Building
Circuit Lab
Protein Modeling


2019-2020 Medal Count: 5 :cry:
"Don't be upset by the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do'
Memberships: Builder Cult

User avatar
PM2017
Member
Member
Posts: 522
Joined: January 20th, 2017, 5:02 pm
Division: Grad
State: CA
Location: Enjoying College! :D
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by PM2017 » March 23rd, 2020, 1:10 pm

raytay wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 9:37 am
Welp first day of online classes. Someone started playing Minecraft music. One person put on a plague doctor mask. I almost fell backwards and my brother’s cat would not shut up. ‘Twas a fantastic 3 hours
On our first day of online classes, most people were too shook to even come to the lectures and to be fully honest motivation is at an all time low for most of my classmates that I'm speaking to. It's not even like the depression-induced lack of motivation that we often see. It's just straight up a complete lack of drive to do any sort of work (and this includes me, btw). I'm just glad we have spring break this week, and so when we get back in Zoom lectures and Slack discussions next week, this will feel a bit more normal. (?)
West High '19
UC Berkeley '23

Go Bears!

User avatar
Blank25
Member
Member
Posts: 73
Joined: February 3rd, 2019, 7:34 pm
Division: Grad
State: NY
Location: WNHS
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Blank25 » March 23rd, 2020, 3:28 pm

PM2017 wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 1:10 pm
raytay wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 9:37 am
Welp first day of online classes. Someone started playing Minecraft music. One person put on a plague doctor mask. I almost fell backwards and my brother’s cat would not shut up. ‘Twas a fantastic 3 hours
On our first day of online classes, most people were too shook to even come to the lectures and to be fully honest motivation is at an all time low for most of my classmates that I'm speaking to. It's not even like the depression-induced lack of motivation that we often see. It's just straight up a complete lack of drive to do any sort of work (and this includes me, btw). I'm just glad we have spring break this week, and so when we get back in Zoom lectures and Slack discussions next week, this will feel a bit more normal. (?)
Most people's motivation is super low... and this is for people in all grades from even the tryhard freshmen to the people with senioritis. Only one of my teachers is doing online video calls, but its more of a check-in to see how we're doing. Literally, it sucks.
2020 Events: Astronomy, Ornithology, Water Quality, Protein Modeling
2019 Events: Fermi, Protein Modeling, Mission Possible
2018 Events: Dynamic Planet, Herpetology, Towers, Disease Detectives, Forensics, Parasitology
2017 Events: Ecology, Invasives, Hovercraft, Towers, Astronomy

User avatar
Nydauron
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 50
Joined: March 20th, 2018, 8:10 pm
Division: Grad
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Getting ready for online classes ... again.
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Nydauron » March 23rd, 2020, 4:06 pm

Blank25 wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 3:28 pm
PM2017 wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 1:10 pm
raytay wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 9:37 am
Welp first day of online classes. Someone started playing Minecraft music. One person put on a plague doctor mask. I almost fell backwards and my brother’s cat would not shut up. ‘Twas a fantastic 3 hours
On our first day of online classes, most people were too shook to even come to the lectures and to be fully honest motivation is at an all time low for most of my classmates that I'm speaking to. It's not even like the depression-induced lack of motivation that we often see. It's just straight up a complete lack of drive to do any sort of work (and this includes me, btw). I'm just glad we have spring break this week, and so when we get back in Zoom lectures and Slack discussions next week, this will feel a bit more normal. (?)
Most people's motivation is super low... and this is for people in all grades from even the tryhard freshmen to the people with senioritis. Only one of my teachers is doing online video calls, but its more of a check-in to see how we're doing. Literally, it sucks.
The week that we got the news that we could technically study at home full-time (3/11/20), I completely lost motivation to do work. In 2 days' time, I was planning to head home for spring break, but now I had to decide whether to instead pack everything up in my dorm and head back home for good. Not only was this SUPER STRESSFUL as heck, but on top of that, I had labs due on Thursday and an essay due on Friday, so I probably almost had a mental breakdown.

When I got home, I was still anxious about the trauma over the past couple of days, and it basically demotivated me to do anything except play games. (I am thankful that I had a way to distract myself and affectively "escape" if you know what I mean.) We just started up online classes today and lemme tell you, watching a pre-recorded video of my computer architecture lecture instead of being there in-person is so much less engaging. Most people feel the same as I do about this. There are still a lot of things in the air like how exams are going to be taken (one of which is this week for me). I just hope these next 8 weeks go by fast...

Sorry about the rant, but I had to vent. These last few weeks have been tough for me.
These users thanked the author Nydauron for the post (total 2):
MoMoney$$$;)0) (March 23rd, 2020, 4:24 pm) • PM2017 (March 23rd, 2020, 9:52 pm)
When you've hit rock bottom, the only way to go is up. That's just how stonks work.
Conant '19 => UIUC '23
Member of The Builder Cult
2018 State - 2nd MTV | 3rd Hovercraft
2019 State - 5th MTV | 5th Sounds
Physics is the only real science
Change my mind
Nydauron's Userpage

User avatar
MoMoney$$$;)0)
Member
Member
Posts: 153
Joined: January 14th, 2019, 6:38 pm
Division: C
State: OH
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: In Cleveland Somewhere
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by MoMoney$$$;)0) » March 23rd, 2020, 4:20 pm

Nydauron wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 4:06 pm
Blank25 wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 3:28 pm
PM2017 wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 1:10 pm


On our first day of online classes, most people were too shook to even come to the lectures and to be fully honest motivation is at an all time low for most of my classmates that I'm speaking to. It's not even like the depression-induced lack of motivation that we often see. It's just straight up a complete lack of drive to do any sort of work (and this includes me, btw). I'm just glad we have spring break this week, and so when we get back in Zoom lectures and Slack discussions next week, this will feel a bit more normal. (?)
Most people's motivation is super low... and this is for people in all grades from even the tryhard freshmen to the people with senioritis. Only one of my teachers is doing online video calls, but its more of a check-in to see how we're doing. Literally, it sucks.
The week that we got the news that we could technically study at home full-time (3/11/20), I completely lost motivation to do work. In 2 days' time, I was planning to head home for spring break, but now I had to decide whether to instead pack everything up in my dorm and head back home for good. Not only was this SUPER STRESSFUL as heck, but on top of that, I had labs due on Thursday and an essay due on Friday, so I probably almost had a mental breakdown.

When I got home, I was still anxious about the trauma over the past couple of days, and it basically demotivated me to do anything except play games. (I am thankful that I had a way to distract myself and affectively "escape" if you know what I mean.) We just started up online classes today and lemme tell you, watching a pre-recorded video of my computer architecture lecture instead of being there in-person is so much less engaging. Most people feel the same as I do about this. There are still a lot of things in the air like how exams are going to be taken (one of which is this week for me). I just hope these next 8 weeks go by fast...

Sorry about the rant, but I had to vent. These last few weeks have been tough for me.
Same here, my patience and persistence to keep up with my learning has gone flat, and not much to improve it. The only "fun" thing a teacher has done is do a video call; but I hope my week 1 of (probably) week 8 was as worse as it'll get. Regardless, let's hope for the best and stay safe.
Division C - Northeast Ohio
Gravity Vehicle
Machines
Detector Building
Circuit Lab
Protein Modeling


2019-2020 Medal Count: 5 :cry:
"Don't be upset by the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do'
Memberships: Builder Cult

User avatar
JoeyC
Member
Member
Posts: 302
Joined: November 7th, 2017, 1:43 pm
Division: C
State: TX
Has thanked: 502 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by JoeyC » March 23rd, 2020, 4:20 pm

Nydauron wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 4:06 pm
Sorry about the rant, but I had to vent. These last few weeks have been tough for me.
No problem man, vent all you need - better to do this than bottle up your emotions.
These users thanked the author JoeyC for the post (total 6):
Tailsfan101 (March 23rd, 2020, 4:55 pm) • pepperonipi (March 23rd, 2020, 6:28 pm) • Nydauron (March 23rd, 2020, 7:36 pm) • bernard (March 23rd, 2020, 7:38 pm) • Mr.Epithelium (March 24th, 2020, 10:54 am) • jaspattack (March 25th, 2020, 4:26 pm)
Ohayo!
Dynamic Planet, Protein Modeling, Fast Facts, Thermodynamics
Dynamic Planet, Machines, Ornith
John 14:15
Scientia Potentia Est
Has Gotten Coronavirus: No

In memory of Ravi Zacharias, a friend of Christ.

User avatar
Nydauron
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 50
Joined: March 20th, 2018, 8:10 pm
Division: Grad
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Getting ready for online classes ... again.
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Nydauron » March 24th, 2020, 10:43 am

JoeyC wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 4:20 pm
Nydauron wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 4:06 pm
Sorry about the rant, but I had to vent. These last few weeks have been tough for me.
No problem man, vent all you need - better to do this than bottle up your emotions.
Thanks man. I'm glad to be part of this amazing community. :D

On a another note...
Omg pepperoni is secretly the Easter Bunny!

I'll admit, I didn't expect the bunny ears.
When you've hit rock bottom, the only way to go is up. That's just how stonks work.
Conant '19 => UIUC '23
Member of The Builder Cult
2018 State - 2nd MTV | 3rd Hovercraft
2019 State - 5th MTV | 5th Sounds
Physics is the only real science
Change my mind
Nydauron's Userpage

Post Reply

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Booknerd and 32 guests