Pi-Bot
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Pi-Bot »

Nydauron wrote: May 15th, 2020, 6:42 pm
pikachu4919 wrote: May 15th, 2020, 12:06 pm
pb5754 wrote: May 15th, 2020, 8:41 am

tbh 2 AM isn't that late
2 AM is literally like nothing when you get to college.

Let's just say we've seen the sun rise...
Really a sweatshirt in 77 degree wheather, thats just insane. I am currently in a lobby thinking about the Arthur theme song.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
These users thanked the author Pi-Bot for the post (total 2):
JoeyC (May 17th, 2020, 7:58 am) • reninkidney (May 18th, 2020, 10:50 am)
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Wiki: Contributions | Tasks
Forums: Changelog
Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

Pi-Bot wrote: May 17th, 2020, 7:10 am

Really a sweatshirt in 77 degree wheather, thats just insane. I am currently in a lobby thinking about the Arthur theme song.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
I really hope that Lindsey Vonn will be able to drive all before you.
JoeyC (May 18th, 2020, 9:13 am) • reninkidney (May 18th, 2020, 10:50 am)
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Creationist127
Division: C
State: IN

Post by Creationist127 »

Okay, I need to yell about something. What better place to do it then here?
[rant]
So because we're not actually in school, my teachers are giving us all projects instead of final exams. They say it's so we can 'avoid the stress of a typical exam', and we 'have plenty of time to finish the projects'.
All five of the projects are due at the end of this week, despite the fact that we have two weeks of school left. For me, this is a nightmare. Five tests? Fifteen minutes or a half hour each, then we're done. Five projects at once? Hours of work, and no truly objective way to grade them. This has created more stress than taking actual, normal finals. I officially detest corona because of this nonsense.
[/rant]
Phew, that was relieving. Carry on.
These users thanked the author Creationist127 for the post (total 2):
gz839918 (May 18th, 2020, 9:10 am) • sneepity (May 18th, 2020, 1:17 pm)
2018: Hovercraft, Thermo, Coaster, Solar System
2019: Thermo, Circuit Lab, Sounds, Wright Stuff
2020: Circuit Lab, Wright Stuff, Machines
2021: Circuit Lab, Machines, WIDI, anything but Wright Stuff

Can I request that we delete 2020 from our memories and do it over again?
SilverBreeze
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by SilverBreeze »

Creationist127 wrote: May 18th, 2020, 7:10 am Okay, I need to yell about something. What better place to do it then here?
[rant]
So because we're not actually in school, my teachers are giving us all projects instead of final exams. They say it's so we can 'avoid the stress of a typical exam', and we 'have plenty of time to finish the projects'.
All five of the projects are due at the end of this week, despite the fact that we have two weeks of school left. For me, this is a nightmare. Five tests? Fifteen minutes or a half hour each, then we're done. Five projects at once? Hours of work, and no truly objective way to grade them. This has created more stress than taking actual, normal finals. I officially detest corona because of this nonsense.
[/rant]
Phew, that was relieving. Carry on.
Same, Creationist, except luckily my teachers are pretty good about spacing out projects and some of them have progressed beyond caring. The excess stress would feel less insulting if they just told us it's because there's no way to test with distance learning that prevents cheating. I think their idea is that you would have been spending hours studying anyway, but it's not fair to impose that on every student when the point of finals is to measure your grasp of the course material, not the time you put in at the end. For the due date, I assume it's because they have to hand-grade them instead of putting them all through a scantron, but it feels like they've forgotten they're not your only teacher, and that whatever work you get from them is probably multiplied five-, six-, or seven-fold.

Anyway, ranting is fine, venting can be good for you, and we're all kind of in the stress-about-corona boat.
These users thanked the author SilverBreeze for the post:
sneepity (May 18th, 2020, 1:18 pm)
Troy SciOly 2019 - 2023
Captain 2021-2023
Former Events: Ecology, Water Quality, Green Gen, Ornithology, Forestry, Disease Detectives, Forensics, Chem Lab, Env Chem, Sounds, Dynamic Planet, Crime Busters, Potions & Poisons, Exp Design, Towers, Mystery Arch, Reach for the Stars, Mission Possible
sneepity
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by sneepity »

My teachers are giving us tests and quizzes on either Castle Learning or Google Forms. We're not getting too many projects, but classes like "Home and Careers" (where we make food and decorate interiors) and Art are giving us projects. How important are these classes? And there's also the fact that we get 1-2 in each class each week. This is frustrating because we already are struggling in the 5 actual subjects, because we get videos and we have to learn it ourselves. I think that classes like these should be dropped because if kids don't do the work (due to stuff at home or stress), their GPA falls.
B)
pb5754
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ

Post by pb5754 »

tbh i think the class i do the most work for is gym
These users thanked the author pb5754 for the post:
sneepity (May 18th, 2020, 1:38 pm)
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South '21
2021 Nationals: Astronomy - 1st, Geologic Mapping - 1st, Team - 6th
raytay
Division: Grad
State: TN
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Post by raytay »

I can fit my entire self into my school hoodie.
My life is complete.
These users thanked the author raytay for the post (total 2):
sneepity (May 18th, 2020, 7:19 pm) • LittleMissNyan (May 19th, 2020, 8:33 am)
Hello! I’m Oliver!
✨holy cow i’m a college student ✨
Chin up! You are loved <3
Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

Pi-Bot wrote: May 17th, 2020, 7:10 am

Who dictates what's correct and what's not correct? Just out of curiosity. I can't view it on my Nook.
JoeyC (May 19th, 2020, 9:27 am) • reninkidney (May 19th, 2020, 5:27 pm)

JoeyC
Division: Grad
State: TX

Post by JoeyC »

If Pi-Bot's Nook can hold that type of knowledge, imagine what else is stored in it.
These users thanked the author JoeyC for the post:
pepperonipi (May 19th, 2020, 9:55 am)
pepperonipi
State: FL
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pepperonipi »

I never had a Nook, but I had a Kindle a few years ago and thought it was pretty sweet

Obviously I didn't read on it... I just played Minecraft ;)
happy new season!

University of Florida
My Wiki Page | WikiProject SciOly and Scioly.org | Pi-Bot

2019: Code, Fermi, Thermo
2020: Detector, Orni, Code (Substitution: Penn)
2021: Detector, Orni, Circuit, WICI

Return to “General Chat”