Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: WI
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by gz839918 »

Booknerd wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 6:50 pm STORY TIME WITH BOOKNERD:

Since it's been rainy and stormy here in the midwest, one of the trees in our backyard had some broken branches. The branches fell on our neighbor's garage, and our neighbor kept on telling us to get rid of the branches. So me and my dad went to get rid of the branches. We got a ladder and rented a reciprocating saw from Home Depot to cut and move the branches. My dad climbed up the ladder and so did I. We were on top of our neighbor's garage. Now this garage had a pyramid-like top, meaning that any moment a wrong step would mean slipping and falling off the garage roof. So my dad and I were treading carefully and started cutting the branches. There was this one really big and heavy branch that was like 6ft long and 3 inches thick in diameter. It was so darn heavy and scary. While my dad was trying to cut another branch this big and heavy one fell on top of us. But my dad caught the branch before it crushed me (thank goodness). And then we set it down carefully and cut some more branches.

After cutting all the branches, we had to move them off the garage. So my dad and I were tossing giant branches off of the roof of a garage. But after having shaken off so many leaves off the branches, the slippery leaves had covered the garage roof, making it harder to stay on. With any step we could've slipped off the garage and fallen on the rocky surface of the alley behind the garages, gashing our heads open. And then.... we just brushed the leaves off and continued to throw branches off the garage roof. (kinda anti-climactic lol)

So now we have a giant mess of branches and leaves covering half of our backyard, and we have not fallen off the garage (yet). We have a couple of more branches to cut tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I don't fall off the roof tomorrow.
Oh my... best of luck with cutting branches! What sort of safety equipment do you guys have? I would guess that something like bicycle helmets would be better than nothing, although I really have no clue what would help. Or maybe you could have somebody watch to help you if one of you falls.
I ❤ sounds of music! About meRate my tests

Carmel High School ’19
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill ’23
“People overestimate what they can do in a day, and underestimate what they can do in a lifetime.” –Unknown
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Umaroth »

gz839918 wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 7:04 pm

Since it's been rainy and stormy here in the midwest, one of the trees in our backyard had some broken branches. The branches fell on our neighbor's garage, and our neighbor kept on telling us to get rid of the branches. So me and my dad went to get rid of the branches. We got a ladder and rented a reciprocating saw from Home Depot to cut and move the branches. My dad climbed up the ladder and so did I. We were on top of our neighbor's garage. Now this garage had a pyramid-like top, meaning that any moment a wrong step would mean slipping and falling off the garage roof. So my dad and I were treading carefully and started cutting the branches. There was this one really big and heavy branch that was like 6ft long and 3 inches thick in diameter. It was so darn heavy and scary. While my dad was trying to cut another branch this big and heavy one fell on top of us. But my dad caught the branch before it crushed me (thank goodness). And then we set it down carefully and cut some more branches.

After cutting all the branches, we had to move them off the garage. So my dad and I were tossing giant branches off of the roof of a garage. But after having shaken off so many leaves off the branches, the slippery leaves had covered the garage roof, making it harder to stay on. With any step we could've slipped off the garage and fallen on the rocky surface of the alley behind the garages, gashing our heads open. And then.... we just brushed the leaves off and continued to throw branches off the garage roof. (kinda anti-climactic lol)

So now we have a giant mess of branches and leaves covering half of our backyard, and we have not fallen off the garage (yet). We have a couple of more branches to cut tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I don't fall off the roof tomorrow.
Oh my... best of luck with cutting branches! What sort of safety equipment do you guys have? I would guess that something like bicycle helmets would be better than nothing, although I really have no clue what would help. Or maybe you could have somebody watch to help you if one of you falls.
Wear your goggles or you'll get tiered
These users thanked the author Umaroth for the post (total 6):
gz839918 (May 22nd, 2020, 7:22 pm) • CPScienceDude (May 22nd, 2020, 7:26 pm) • LittleMissNyan (May 23rd, 2020, 10:16 am) • MadCow2357 (May 23rd, 2020, 1:58 pm) • sneepity (May 23rd, 2020, 2:16 pm) • NeBH (May 24th, 2020, 1:38 pm)
Cal 2026
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now

Umaroth's Userpage
Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

gz839918 wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 7:04 pm

it is going to be a looong week.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
These users thanked the author Pi-Bot for the post (total 2):
JoeyC (May 23rd, 2020, 4:29 pm) • reninkidney (May 23rd, 2020, 4:48 pm)
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Wiki: Contributions | Tasks
Forums: Changelog
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IN

Post by CPScienceDude »

Pi-Bot is now ominously predicting the future.
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
MoMoney$$$;)0)
State: OH

Post by MoMoney$$$;)0) »

Life is life, and life should lived to it's fullest, because life needs to be lived, to go about daily life.
These users thanked the author MoMoney$$$;)0) for the post:
Things2do (May 23rd, 2020, 10:10 pm)
Division C - Northeast Ohio
Gravity Vehicle
Machines
Detector Building
Circuit Lab
Protein Modeling

2019-2020 Medal Count: 5 :cry:
"Don't be upset by the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do'
Memberships: Builder Cult
Booknerd
Division: B
State: IL

Post by Booknerd »

I didn't fall off the roof of the garage today! Yay! No broken bones!
These users thanked the author Booknerd for the post (total 2):
gz839918 (May 23rd, 2020, 10:09 am) • LittleMissNyan (May 23rd, 2020, 10:16 am)
We don't talk about Pentathlon.
raytay
State: TN
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Post by raytay »

Booknerd wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 10:03 am I didn't fall off the roof of the garage today! Yay! No broken bones!
Yay!! No hospital visits!! (That would be a pain)
*No Pun Intended*
Hello! I’m Oliver!
✨holy cow i’m a college student ✨
Chin up! You are loved <3
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Umaroth »

raytay wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 10:31 am
Booknerd wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 10:03 am I didn't fall off the roof of the garage today! Yay! No broken bones!
*No Pun Intended*
If it is indeterminate whether you broke a bone or not, you must visit L'Hospital
These users thanked the author Umaroth for the post:
NeBH (May 24th, 2020, 1:38 pm)
Cal 2026
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now

Umaroth's Userpage
Creationist127
State: IN

Post by Creationist127 »

Umaroth wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 1:29 pm
raytay wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 10:31 am
*No Pun Intended*
If it is indeterminate whether you broke a bone or not, you must visit L'Hospital
...Please tell me that was not intended to be a calculus pun.
If it was, that was a very good one, I applaud you. And hate you.
2018: Hovercraft, Thermo, Coaster, Solar System
2019: Thermo, Circuit Lab, Sounds, Wright Stuff
2020: Circuit Lab, Wright Stuff, Machines
2021: Circuit Lab, Machines, WIDI, anything but Wright Stuff

Can I request that we delete 2020 from our memories and do it over again?
sneepity
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by sneepity »

the cap is stuck on my ca glue...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3wdsnGa6eI
These users thanked the author sneepity for the post:
CPScienceDude (May 23rd, 2020, 7:38 pm)
B)

Return to “General Chat”