Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by EwwPhysics »

Tailsfan101 wrote: May 30th, 2020, 7:33 am
Umaroth wrote: May 28th, 2020, 11:21 am My default lunch table group is all girls, guys are boring, they just play video games the entire time. Just find people who suit what you're looking for in a friend group, doesn't even have to just be a group, I like being friends with people.
This is how I feel sometimes. I have a couple outlets where I feel more comfortable with girls than guys; most of the guys I hang out with are my SO teammates (which doesn't exclude girls either, I have many female friends in SO too).
For some reason, I actually often tend to enjoy the company of boys more. Although my closest friends are about half girls and half guys, almost all of the people that I'm not exactly "friends" with but talk to occasionally are male. I usually find that about 90% of the girls at my school all act exactly the same. It's like they have no personalities. Of course, I know that they are all unique, but they all try so hard to fit in that it seems impossible that they're not just all the same basic white girl that only likes watching Netflix and making tiktoks. Maybe I should try to get to know more of them better, and that would make me stop seeing them as just a stereotype... but it's hard for me when the person that they try to look like is a person that I just really don't like.
Yes, guys often have personalities that I don't like (umaroth mentioned video games...) But at least they're all different.

(this is just my personal experience)
Lower Merion Captain '24
Cell bio, code, disease, forensics
Cell bio, codebusters, disease, envirochem (and widi, chem lab) 
Protein Modeling - 1st @ nats
Disease Detectives - 4th @ nats
Designer Genes - 1st @ states
Also fossils, widi, circuit
raytay
Division: Grad
State: TN
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Post by raytay »

pepperonipi wrote: June 1st, 2020, 7:52 am Happy June everyone! 🎉
Happy June!! oh dang I turn 16 soon aaaaah
Hello! I’m Oliver!
✨holy cow i’m a college student ✨
Chin up! You are loved <3
TheChiScientist
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by TheChiScientist »

raytay wrote: June 1st, 2020, 9:04 am
pepperonipi wrote: June 1st, 2020, 7:52 am Happy June everyone! 🎉
Happy June!! oh dang I turn 16 soon aaaaah
We survived! I think...
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
sneepity
State: NY

Post by sneepity »

HAPPY
PRIDE
MONTH!
These users thanked the author sneepity for the post (total 7):
LittleMissNyan (June 1st, 2020, 1:18 pm) • jaspattack (June 1st, 2020, 1:19 pm) • pepperonipi (June 1st, 2020, 1:38 pm) • Fyren (June 1st, 2020, 2:58 pm) • Nydauron (June 1st, 2020, 3:30 pm) • gz839918 (June 1st, 2020, 6:54 pm) • MadCow2357 (July 30th, 2020, 12:03 pm)
B)
Fyren

Post by Fyren »

sneepity wrote: June 1st, 2020, 12:23 pm HAPPY
PRIDE
MONTH!
Happy pride month! :D <3
Last edited by Fyren on June 1st, 2020, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Fyren for the post (total 2):
sneepity (June 1st, 2020, 12:37 pm) • LittleMissNyan (June 1st, 2020, 1:18 pm)
VENI, VIDI, VICI.
raytay

Post by raytay »

Fyren wrote: June 1st, 2020, 12:31 pm
PRIDE
MONTH!
HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! Stay safe from Pridefall!
These users thanked the author raytay for the post (total 2):
sneepity (June 1st, 2020, 12:37 pm) • LittleMissNyan (June 1st, 2020, 1:19 pm)
Hello! I’m Oliver!
sneepity

Post by sneepity »

raytay wrote: June 1st, 2020, 12:33 pm
Fyren wrote: June 1st, 2020, 12:31 pm
PRIDE
MONTH!
HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! Stay safe from Pridefall!
Yeah, Pridefall is disgusting. I can't believe that there's people like that.
These users thanked the author sneepity for the post (total 2):
LittleMissNyan (June 1st, 2020, 1:19 pm) • raytay (June 1st, 2020, 1:58 pm)
B)
raytay

Post by raytay »

I want to move to Canada. The World War II Memorial and Lincoln Memorial were both vandalized during protests. It makes me sick
Hello! I’m Oliver!
sneepity

Post by sneepity »

raytay wrote: June 1st, 2020, 4:08 pm I want to move to Canada. The World War II Memorial and Lincoln Memorial were both vandalized during protests. It makes me sick
Yeah, if you're gonna protest, do it peacefully! There's no need to vandalize important figures in history, like ABE LINCOLN, WHO HELPED AFRICAN PEOPLE!!!!!
B)
Booknerd
Division: B
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Booknerd »

raytay wrote: June 1st, 2020, 4:08 pm I want to move to Canada. The World War II Memorial and Lincoln Memorial were both vandalized during protests. It makes me sick
I feel like this has become less about the George Floyd incident, and more about people trying to assert dominance over the government. People are going way too far. If people truly wanted to represent George Floyd, it wouldn't mean having to loot every single store in sight and burning police cars. People are threatening the well-being of others (and themselves) by ignoring safety measures (remember Corona? It's still here) and harming people who are not Derek Chauvin. If we've learned anything from this country's history, it's that violence doesn't solve anything. Remember MLK? He used peace, not violence. People keep on associating an individual with a group, and causing trouble to a group of people who have not done anything wrong. Police officers in Seattle are under attack when they had no relationship or involvement in what Derek Chauvin in Minneapolis did. If people were really mad at the incident, they shouldn't be blaming officers who didn't do anything. Minneapolis is not NYC, Chicago, Seattle, or any other city. Nor is Derek Chauvin that friendly police officer who has devoted their lives to protect you. Please, stop.

I think that human beings should learn from past mistakes. What I think is one of the biggest mistakes a person can ever make is to repeat a mistake and never learn from it. We should learn from history (schools teach history class for a reason), not repeat it. We've realized that violence today will only lead to consequences tomorrow. And now, when the country is more fragile than ever before, it does not help to be wrecking stores and hurting law enforcement. People are very unstable: financially, physically, and mentally, after the rough few months we've had. Seeing what happened to George Floyd is very disturbing to see, but we shouldn't go about vandalizing because of it. If we truly cared, we wouldn't be causing more trouble. It doesn't help anyone that rioters call themselves protesters. Why are we fighting instead of helping? There's no point in causing hurt when we can help the people around us.

There's a difference between a protest and a riot. A difference that people aren't seeing. Please, have some good morals. If this is what the 21st century is all about, I don't want to live in it anymore.

With a global pandemic sweeping the country, and riots on every street, we human beings are going to be the end of ourselves if we don't stop ourselves now. If we truly want to make this world a better place, we shouldn't be blaming people who cause problems, but recognizing those who try to solve them.

The last thing any human being could do during this time is help, not hurt. Please.

[end of Booknerd's speech]
These users thanked the author Booknerd for the post (total 4):
pikachu4919 (June 1st, 2020, 9:00 pm) • LittleMissNyan (June 2nd, 2020, 7:16 am) • sneepity (June 2nd, 2020, 8:04 am) • nateDC (June 2nd, 2020, 8:43 am)
We don't talk about Pentathlon.

Return to “General Chat”