Story Time!

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
sneepity
Division: B
State: NY
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: heavens arena, yorknew city, greed island, and in the Black Whale right now.

Re: Story Time!

Post by sneepity » May 31st, 2020, 12:05 pm

Froggie wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 7:33 am
raytay wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 8:52 pm
StOrYtImE
(Kinda)
Well I’m FaceTiming with my besties an we start getting into the usual how is it with who you like blah blah blah. One of them is like “I want to write about you guys!” What I’m trying to say is that one of my besties is writing a fanfic about me and the guy I like.
That happened to me in 5th grade art class, except instead of writing my friend dictated the story to us (me and the guy).
that must've been uncomfortable.....
wellduhsneepity
Hunter X Hunter
bungee gum- elastic love
texture surprise- flimsy lies
this sig was not sponsored by IHateClouds

Booknerd
Division: B
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Story Time!

Post by Booknerd » June 20th, 2020, 9:17 pm

Story time with Booknerd ("My Thoughts" Edition)

Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of loud bangs in the distance. And every single time, I just hope and pray it's not a gun.

Living in a city with one of the highest crime rates in the whole country is slightly unsettling. I've never been impacted directly, but it is scary to think that only a few miles away, people who are just like me are suffering. For the past decades, there has probably never been a week that has passed without the death or severe injury of an individual. Every week, there is always the bad news of the loss of someone in the city. Sometimes I stop and think, "Why? What did this person do wrong to deserve this fate?" Nothing. They didn't do anything wrong. It just so happened that they were in the wrong place and wrong time, and someone with a gun pulls a trigger. All the memories and feelings and life in that human, gone in a second. It leaves a deep scar forever in the family, neighborhood, and city. It hurts a person in an irreversible way. A human, gone because another of its kind pulled a trigger. I sometimes wonder, "Why do people pull the trigger? Why do they shoot?" I don't know why, but I wish I did. I wish we could understand why people do this. If only we knew why, we could help each other, each person one at a time, look past each other's differences and build a stronger community, together. But sadly, life isn't always simple like that. And so every day, triggers are pulled, lives are put on hold, jail cells become full, and we never know why it happened in the first place.

I wish we could all put those guns down. I wish we could all stop fighting. I wish there could be a day, where we don't hear about the sad news of someone's hurt or pain, but hear the good news of hope for a better future. I wish we all could be a little more empathetic, and be a little kinder to each other. I wish we could all be good friends, and put aside our differences. I wish we all could walk a day in each other's shoes, and understand each other a little better. I wish, I wish, I wish. But of course, it's only a small wish from a kid who the world barely knows.

Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night, and dream of a better future for us. And maybe, just maybe, we'll get there.
These users thanked the author Booknerd for the post (total 7):
gz839918 (June 21st, 2020, 9:07 am) • EwwPhysics (June 21st, 2020, 10:35 am) • LittleMissNyan (June 21st, 2020, 2:25 pm) • jimmy-bond (June 27th, 2020, 11:33 pm) • anandymous (June 29th, 2020, 8:44 am) • lonelyBagel (July 5th, 2020, 10:29 pm) • Things2do (July 12th, 2020, 7:34 pm)

Return to “General Chat”