Your Daily Random Comment

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
User avatar
sneepity
Member
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: February 13th, 2020, 2:35 pm
Division: B
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Location: in front of that dam screen killing my eyes 24/7 so i'm available whenever
Has thanked: 614 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by sneepity » June 26th, 2020, 4:38 pm

Pi-Bot wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 3:10 pm
sneepity wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 1:29 pm
Umaroth wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 12:55 pm


Hisssssss I hate the sun it's hot and bright it hurts my eyes
well, some humans
I dont know wahts with you all but i would like to see them make a run for it
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
am I that scary?
8-) school is taking up just 13 hours of my day in front of a screen 8-)
my health is improving! NO :lol: -school

User avatar
Tailsfan101
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Posts: 789
Joined: April 14th, 2017, 4:33 pm
Division: C
State: ID
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Philippians 3:20a "For our citizenship is in heaven"
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 91 times
Contact:

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Tailsfan101 » June 26th, 2020, 6:52 pm

I made a quiz for naming the teams who have won each state the most times in their divisions: https://www.sporcle.com/games/Tails_fan ... s-by-state

Also, here's an analysis on team dominance in different states. If you take the number of wins from the top B and C team and combine them, here's how the states rank. Tiebreakers are by which state has more wins in one division (i.e. (9/5 trumps 7/7).

State (#, B wins/C wins)
  1. South Dakota (67, 35/32)
  2. Delaware (52, 31/21)
  3. Iowa (51, 26/25)
  4. New Mexico (39, 13/26)
  5. Tennessee (39, 25/14)
  6. South Carolina (39, 19/20)
  7. Massachusetts (38, 25/13)
  8. Indiana (36, 27/9)
  9. Southern California (35, 11/24)
  10. Utah (35, 23/12)
  11. Idaho (34, 15/19)
  12. Georgia (33, 22/11)
  13. Ohio (33, 13/20)
  14. Alabama (33, 19/14)
  15. Pennsylvania (30, 7/23)
  16. Louisiana (29, 9/20)
  17. Rhode Island (29, 10/19)
  18. Wisconsin (29, 10/19)
  19. Northern California (29, 12/17)
  20. Maine (29, 13/16)
  21. Missouri (29, 16/13)
  22. Wyoming (29, 13/16)
  23. New Jersey (28, 18/10)
  24. Kentucky (28, 13/15)
  25. Alaska (26, 16/10)
  26. Montana (26, 16/10)
  27. Nebraska (26, 15/11)
  28. Arizona (25, 10/15)
  29. Colorado (24, 11/13)
  30. Michigan (23, 6/17)
  31. Illinois (23, 9/14)
  32. New York (23, 10/13)
  33. North Carolina (23, 11/12)
  34. Virginia (21, 14/7)
  35. North Dakota (21, 12/9)
  36. Florida (21, 11/10)
  37. Minnesota (20, 7/13)
  38. Nevada (19, 13/6)
  39. Oregon (18, 9/9)
  40. Texas (17, 8/9)
  41. Arkansas (16, 8/8)
  42. Kansas (15, 9/6)
  43. Hawaii (15, 8/7)
  44. Washington (15, 8/7)
  45. Connecticut (14, 5/9)
  46. New Hampshire (13, 3/10)
  47. Oklahoma (13, 8/5)
  48. Maryland (13, 7/6)
  49. Mississippi (12, 6/6)
  50. West Virginia (8, 4/4)
  51. District of Columbia (4, 2/2)
  52. Vermont (3, 0/3)
These users thanked the author Tailsfan101 for the post (total 2):
gz839918 (June 27th, 2020, 11:44 am) • sneepity (June 27th, 2020, 1:26 pm)
2016-2021 Treasure Valley Homeschool, 2020-2021 Captain
2021 events: Disease Detectives, Designer Genes, Geologic Mapping, Write It Do It, Codebusters, Anatomy and Physiology

Assassinator for games 118: New Life and 136: A SciOly Pandemic
Selected Assassinators for games 121 and 148

pb5754
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 490
Joined: March 5th, 2017, 7:49 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by pb5754 » June 27th, 2020, 6:42 am

Tailsfan101 wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 6:52 pm
I made a quiz for naming the teams who have won each state the most times in their divisions: https://www.sporcle.com/games/Tails_fan ... s-by-state

Also, here's an analysis on team dominance in different states. If you take the number of wins from the top B and C team and combine them, here's how the states rank. Tiebreakers are by which state has more wins in one division (i.e. (9/5 trumps 7/7).

State (#, B wins/C wins)
  1. South Dakota (67, 35/32)
  2. Delaware (52, 31/21)
  3. Iowa (51, 26/25)
  4. New Mexico (39, 13/26)
  5. Tennessee (39, 25/14)
  6. South Carolina (39, 19/20)
  7. Massachusetts (38, 25/13)
  8. Indiana (36, 27/9)
  9. Southern California (35, 11/24)
  10. Utah (35, 23/12)
  11. Idaho (34, 15/19)
  12. Georgia (33, 22/11)
  13. Ohio (33, 13/20)
  14. Alabama (33, 19/14)
  15. Pennsylvania (30, 7/23)
  16. Louisiana (29, 9/20)
  17. Rhode Island (29, 10/19)
  18. Wisconsin (29, 10/19)
  19. Northern California (29, 12/17)
  20. Maine (29, 13/16)
  21. Missouri (29, 16/13)
  22. Wyoming (29, 13/16)
  23. New Jersey (28, 18/10)
  24. Kentucky (28, 13/15)
  25. Alaska (26, 16/10)
  26. Montana (26, 16/10)
  27. Nebraska (26, 15/11)
  28. Arizona (25, 10/15)
  29. Colorado (24, 11/13)
  30. Michigan (23, 6/17)
  31. Illinois (23, 9/14)
  32. New York (23, 10/13)
  33. North Carolina (23, 11/12)
  34. Virginia (21, 14/7)
  35. North Dakota (21, 12/9)
  36. Florida (21, 11/10)
  37. Minnesota (20, 7/13)
  38. Nevada (19, 13/6)
  39. Oregon (18, 9/9)
  40. Texas (17, 8/9)
  41. Arkansas (16, 8/8)
  42. Kansas (15, 9/6)
  43. Hawaii (15, 8/7)
  44. Washington (15, 8/7)
  45. Connecticut (14, 5/9)
  46. New Hampshire (13, 3/10)
  47. Oklahoma (13, 8/5)
  48. Maryland (13, 7/6)
  49. Mississippi (12, 6/6)
  50. West Virginia (8, 4/4)
  51. District of Columbia (4, 2/2)
  52. Vermont (3, 0/3)
got 48/109, which is better than i thought i would do, but missed a bunch of ones i should have gotten (charter school of wilmington, olathe north (typed olathe high school north instead *facepalm*), dupont manual (forgot the manual), hyde park/ed w. clark, albuquerque area, and a couple others)
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South '21

User avatar
Pi-Bot
Member
Member
Posts: 0
Joined: February 10th, 2020, 4:27 pm
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: today the forums, tomorrow the world
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Pi-Bot » June 27th, 2020, 1:10 pm

Tailsfan101 wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 6:52 pm
I made a quiz for naming the teams who have won each state the most times in their divisions: https://www.sporcle.com/games/Tails_fan ... s-by-state

Also, here's an analysis on team dominance in different states. If you take the number of wins from the top B and C team and combine them, here's how the states rank. Tiebreakers are by which state has more wins in one division (i.e. (9/5 trumps 7/7).
Really a sweatshirt in 77 degree wheather, thats just insane. I am currently in a lobby thinking about the Bernard theme song.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
Last edited by bernard on June 27th, 2020, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Shortened quote.
These users thanked the author Pi-Bot for the post:
Unome (June 27th, 2020, 6:45 pm)
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Wiki: Contributions | Tasks
Forums: Changelog

User avatar
jaggie34
Member
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: November 30th, 2018, 10:40 am
Division: Grad
State: GA
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by jaggie34 » June 27th, 2020, 2:46 pm

Pi-Bot wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 1:10 pm
Tailsfan101 wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 6:52 pm
I made a quiz for naming the teams who have won each state the most times in their divisions: https://www.sporcle.com/games/Tails_fan ... s-by-state

Also, here's an analysis on team dominance in different states. If you take the number of wins from the top B and C team and combine them, here's how the states rank. Tiebreakers are by which state has more wins in one division (i.e. (9/5 trumps 7/7).
Really a sweatshirt in 77 degree wheather, thats just insane. I am currently in a lobby thinking about the Bernard theme song.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
Bernard has a theme song????
Boca Raton Community High School -> Georgia Institute of Technology
Event Writing: Circuit Lab
Florida Game On C and Fermi Questions C champion! (until they come back :D )
and Circuit Lab too I guess
Click here to meet my wiki father!

User avatar
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2213
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Seattle, WA
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 364 times
Contact:

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by bernard » June 27th, 2020, 2:51 pm

Esyay, iyay amyay oficientpray inyay oremay anthay oneyay anguagelay.
These users thanked the author bernard for the post:
EwwPhysics (June 28th, 2020, 9:44 am)
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

User avatar
Alex-RCHS
Member
Member
Posts: 536
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 3:46 pm
Division: C
State: NC
Location: Raleigh, NC
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Alex-RCHS » June 27th, 2020, 4:59 pm

Here's a cool application of RemSen knowledge:
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/20 ... ol-blanket
About me!
Raleigh Charter HS (NC) 2018
UNC-Chapel Hill 2022

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4265
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Has thanked: 141 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Unome » June 27th, 2020, 6:46 pm

Tailsfan101 wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 6:52 pm
I made a quiz for naming the teams who have won each state the most times in their divisions: https://www.sporcle.com/games/Tails_fan ... s-by-state

Also, here's an analysis on team dominance in different states. If you take the number of wins from the top B and C team and combine them, here's how the states rank. Tiebreakers are by which state has more wins in one division (i.e. (9/5 trumps 7/7).

State (#, B wins/C wins)
  1. South Dakota (67, 35/32)
  2. Delaware (52, 31/21)
  3. Iowa (51, 26/25)
  4. New Mexico (39, 13/26)
  5. Tennessee (39, 25/14)
  6. South Carolina (39, 19/20)
  7. Massachusetts (38, 25/13)
  8. Indiana (36, 27/9)
  9. Southern California (35, 11/24)
  10. Utah (35, 23/12)
  11. Idaho (34, 15/19)
  12. Georgia (33, 22/11)
  13. Ohio (33, 13/20)
  14. Alabama (33, 19/14)
  15. Pennsylvania (30, 7/23)
  16. Louisiana (29, 9/20)
  17. Rhode Island (29, 10/19)
  18. Wisconsin (29, 10/19)
  19. Northern California (29, 12/17)
  20. Maine (29, 13/16)
  21. Missouri (29, 16/13)
  22. Wyoming (29, 13/16)
  23. New Jersey (28, 18/10)
  24. Kentucky (28, 13/15)
  25. Alaska (26, 16/10)
  26. Montana (26, 16/10)
  27. Nebraska (26, 15/11)
  28. Arizona (25, 10/15)
  29. Colorado (24, 11/13)
  30. Michigan (23, 6/17)
  31. Illinois (23, 9/14)
  32. New York (23, 10/13)
  33. North Carolina (23, 11/12)
  34. Virginia (21, 14/7)
  35. North Dakota (21, 12/9)
  36. Florida (21, 11/10)
  37. Minnesota (20, 7/13)
  38. Nevada (19, 13/6)
  39. Oregon (18, 9/9)
  40. Texas (17, 8/9)
  41. Arkansas (16, 8/8)
  42. Kansas (15, 9/6)
  43. Hawaii (15, 8/7)
  44. Washington (15, 8/7)
  45. Connecticut (14, 5/9)
  46. New Hampshire (13, 3/10)
  47. Oklahoma (13, 8/5)
  48. Maryland (13, 7/6)
  49. Mississippi (12, 6/6)
  50. West Virginia (8, 4/4)
  51. District of Columbia (4, 2/2)
  52. Vermont (3, 0/3)
Hm, I wonder what we would get if we plotted this against state size (probably no correlation, but could be interesting).
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

User avatar
jaggie34
Member
Member
Posts: 117
Joined: November 30th, 2018, 10:40 am
Division: Grad
State: GA
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 55 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by jaggie34 » June 27th, 2020, 9:51 pm

Unome wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 6:46 pm
Tailsfan101 wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 6:52 pm
I made a quiz for naming the teams who have won each state the most times in their divisions: https://www.sporcle.com/games/Tails_fan ... s-by-state

Also, here's an analysis on team dominance in different states. If you take the number of wins from the top B and C team and combine them, here's how the states rank. Tiebreakers are by which state has more wins in one division (i.e. (9/5 trumps 7/7).

State (#, B wins/C wins)
  1. South Dakota (67, 35/32)
  2. Delaware (52, 31/21)
  3. Iowa (51, 26/25)
  4. New Mexico (39, 13/26)
  5. Tennessee (39, 25/14)
  6. South Carolina (39, 19/20)
  7. Massachusetts (38, 25/13)
  8. Indiana (36, 27/9)
  9. Southern California (35, 11/24)
  10. Utah (35, 23/12)
  11. Idaho (34, 15/19)
  12. Georgia (33, 22/11)
  13. Ohio (33, 13/20)
  14. Alabama (33, 19/14)
  15. Pennsylvania (30, 7/23)
  16. Louisiana (29, 9/20)
  17. Rhode Island (29, 10/19)
  18. Wisconsin (29, 10/19)
  19. Northern California (29, 12/17)
  20. Maine (29, 13/16)
  21. Missouri (29, 16/13)
  22. Wyoming (29, 13/16)
  23. New Jersey (28, 18/10)
  24. Kentucky (28, 13/15)
  25. Alaska (26, 16/10)
  26. Montana (26, 16/10)
  27. Nebraska (26, 15/11)
  28. Arizona (25, 10/15)
  29. Colorado (24, 11/13)
  30. Michigan (23, 6/17)
  31. Illinois (23, 9/14)
  32. New York (23, 10/13)
  33. North Carolina (23, 11/12)
  34. Virginia (21, 14/7)
  35. North Dakota (21, 12/9)
  36. Florida (21, 11/10)
  37. Minnesota (20, 7/13)
  38. Nevada (19, 13/6)
  39. Oregon (18, 9/9)
  40. Texas (17, 8/9)
  41. Arkansas (16, 8/8)
  42. Kansas (15, 9/6)
  43. Hawaii (15, 8/7)
  44. Washington (15, 8/7)
  45. Connecticut (14, 5/9)
  46. New Hampshire (13, 3/10)
  47. Oklahoma (13, 8/5)
  48. Maryland (13, 7/6)
  49. Mississippi (12, 6/6)
  50. West Virginia (8, 4/4)
  51. District of Columbia (4, 2/2)
  52. Vermont (3, 0/3)
Hm, I wonder what we would get if we plotted this against state size (probably no correlation, but could be interesting).
I plotted it against the number of teams signed-up per state, it just seems like having more teams standardizes the approximate number of wins.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
These users thanked the author jaggie34 for the post (total 2):
sciolyperson1 (June 28th, 2020, 6:49 am) • Unome (June 28th, 2020, 11:15 am)
Boca Raton Community High School -> Georgia Institute of Technology
Event Writing: Circuit Lab
Florida Game On C and Fermi Questions C champion! (until they come back :D )
and Circuit Lab too I guess
Click here to meet my wiki father!

User avatar
Pi-Bot
Member
Member
Posts: 0
Joined: February 10th, 2020, 4:27 pm
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: today the forums, tomorrow the world
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Pi-Bot » June 28th, 2020, 11:10 am

sneepity wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 4:38 pm
Pi-Bot wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 3:10 pm
sneepity wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 1:29 pm


well, some humans
I dont know wahts with you all but i would like to see them make a run for it
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
am I that scary?
It's world. Don't be distraught. I got a 5 on French absolutely made my day.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Wiki: Contributions | Tasks
Forums: Changelog

Post Reply

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests