Your Daily Random Comment

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
jaggie34
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by jaggie34 »

pepperonipi wrote: July 25th, 2020, 8:28 am Last night in a family member's shower:

I'm just taking my shower as normal, right? It was getting kinda steamy in there but it was no big deal, it. was just like any other shower. I suddenly notice a little device put into the wall. It had a On/Off, Timer, and Temp button. So, I was like okay, it times my shower and measures the temp, pretty cool! So I set it for 10 minutes and click the On button. Now the temperature appeared, and it started counting down from 10 minutes. I thought this was pretty cool. Not for long.

I go back to shaving, and suddenly feel as hot mass of steam around my legs. I thought nothing of it, it was probably just the steam moving around through the air or whatever. But then there was more steam, and more steam, and more steam. Now the walls were making noises, so I started freaking the heck out, threw my razor against the wall, and jumped out of the shower. At this point, the entire shower was so steamy I could hardly see back inside. I couldn't go back in to wash off, so I took water from the sink and started throwing at my body to get the soap off (I know, kind of dumb, but I was heckin scared). Now the floor was all wet, and the steam started coming out of the shower fast. I was scared I was going to set off a smoke alarm, so I turned on the fan and got out of there.

10 minutes later, the steam stopped and the walls stopped making noises. I had just discovered my first steam shower. Oops.
Mr. Pi, I've never seen something that sums up your personality better than this passage
Boca Raton High School -> Georgia Tech
It's About Time writer/co-writer: Golden Gate, Georgia States
Ping Pong Parachute co-ES: MIT
Florida Game On C and Fermi Questions C champion!
and Circuit Lab too I guess
Pi-Bot
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Pi-Bot »

jaggie34 wrote: July 25th, 2020, 4:23 pm
pepperonipi wrote: July 25th, 2020, 8:28 am Last night in a family member's shower:

I'm just taking my shower as normal, right? It was getting kinda steamy in there but it was no big deal, it. was just like any other shower. I suddenly notice a little device put into the wall. It had a On/Off, Timer, and Temp button. So, I was like okay, it times my shower and measures the temp, pretty cool! So I set it for 10 minutes and click the On button. Now the temperature appeared, and it started counting down from 10 minutes. I thought this was pretty cool. Not for long.

I go back to shaving, and suddenly feel as hot mass of steam around my legs. I thought nothing of it, it was probably just the steam moving around through the air or whatever. But then there was more steam, and more steam, and more steam. Now the walls were making noises, so I started freaking the heck out, threw my razor against the wall, and jumped out of the shower. At this point, the entire shower was so steamy I could hardly see back inside. I couldn't go back in to wash off, so I took water from the sink and started throwing at my body to get the soap off (I know, kind of dumb, but I was heckin scared). Now the floor was all wet, and the steam started coming out of the shower fast. I was scared I was going to set off a smoke alarm, so I turned on the fan and got out of there.

10 minutes later, the steam stopped and the walls stopped making noises. I had just discovered my first steam shower. Oops.
Mr. Pi, I've never seen something that sums up your personality better than this passage
Forget that, just have Alton host it. Call it Good Eats and make sure it runs smoothly like at Dayton 2 years ago!
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Wiki: Contributions | Tasks
Forums: Changelog
jaggie34
State: GA

Post by jaggie34 »

Pi-Bot wrote: July 25th, 2020, 11:10 pm
jaggie34 wrote: July 25th, 2020, 4:23 pm

Forget that, just have Alton host it. Call it Good Eats and make sure it runs smoothly like at Dayton 2 years ago!
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
What happened in Dayton, Pi-Bot?
Boca Raton High School -> Georgia Tech
It's About Time writer/co-writer: Golden Gate, Georgia States
Ping Pong Parachute co-ES: MIT
Florida Game On C and Fermi Questions C champion!
and Circuit Lab too I guess
Fyren
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Fyren »

What do you guys miss most because of COVID-19?
These users thanked the author Fyren for the post (total 2):
Booknerd (July 26th, 2020, 10:38 am) • sneepity (July 26th, 2020, 11:48 am)
VENI, VIDI, VICI.
raytay
State: TN
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Post by raytay »

Fyren wrote: July 26th, 2020, 8:23 am What do you guys miss most because of COVID-19?
Live concerts. Sadly, according to an insider in the music industry, they probably won’t be back until 2022
Hello! I’m Oliver!
✨holy cow i’m a college student ✨
Chin up! You are loved <3
Booknerd
Division: B
State: IL

Post by Booknerd »

Fyren wrote: July 26th, 2020, 8:23 am What do you guys miss most because of COVID-19?
I miss seeing all my friends in-person. :cry: Doing texts/calls just isn't the same.
These users thanked the author Booknerd for the post (total 2):
sneepity (July 26th, 2020, 11:51 am) • gz839918 (July 27th, 2020, 7:01 am)
We don't talk about Pentathlon.
sneepity
Division: C
State: NY

Post by sneepity »

I miss hanging out at my friends' houses and bringing all our drawing tablets, just vibing and drawing for a while.
I also miss going to the mall with my friends, confidently carrying 10 dollars while browsing through stuff i cannot afford.
B)
pepperonipi
Division: C
State: FL

Post by pepperonipi »

New events
These users thanked the author pepperonipi for the post (total 5):
jaspattack (July 26th, 2020, 4:08 pm) • Umaroth (July 26th, 2020, 5:17 pm) • NeBH (July 26th, 2020, 5:23 pm) • LittleMissNyan (July 27th, 2020, 6:21 am) • gz839918 (July 27th, 2020, 7:02 am)
happy new season!

University of Florida
My Wiki Page | WikiProject SciOly and Scioly.org | Pi-Bot

2019: Code, Fermi, Thermo
2020: Detector, Orni, Code (Substitution: Penn)
2021: Detector, Orni, Circuit, WICI
TheChiScientist

Post by TheChiScientist »

Social life is basically at nothing rn and sit down restaurants... (Also has ruined my opportunities at a love life oof)
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
Nydauron
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Nydauron »

Uni life. I really, really miss it all, but I still don't feel comfortable going back, so I had to relet my apartment for the fall semester. :(

But in general, I'd say being able to go and hang out outside with friends without having to be mind-numbingly vigilant (which can honestly kill the vibe for me at least).

And of course (how could I forget), IRL scioly tournaments (build proctors be like :( ). But, SSO is still a good enough substitute.
Conant '19UIUC '23
Physics is the only real science
Change my mind
Nydauron's Userpage
A proper dark mode for the forums and wiki

Return to “General Chat”