BEARSO Invitational

Area to advertise for your competitions!
User avatar
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 890
Joined: April 23rd, 2018, 7:13 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: WW-P HSN
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Re: BEARSO Invitational

Post by sciolyperson1 » October 17th, 2020, 7:29 pm

Tailsfan101 wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 7:26 pm
Since these haven't been posted yet, I'll put them here:

Division B - https://scilympiad.com/bearso/Info/Resu ... 6c66326f73
1. Kennedy Middle School (90)
2. Winston Churchill Middle School (209)
3. Jeffrey Trail Middle School (275)
4. Joaquin Miller Middle School (310)
5. Solon Middle School (317)
6. Sierra Vista Middle School (371)
7. Fulton Science Academy (423)
8. Iolani School (444)
9. BASIS Independent Silicon Valley (484)
10. Oak Valley Middle School (489)
They were posted here.
These users thanked the author sciolyperson1 for the post:
Giantpants (October 17th, 2020, 8:41 pm)
WW-P HSN '22, Community '18
'21: Gravity - Boomi - WICI - PPP - Cybersec

BEARSO: Gravity - 1st '21
MIT: Gravity - 1st '20
PUSO: PPP - 1st '20, WIDI -1st '20

Nats:
Team - 3rd '18, '19
Roller - 1st '19
Mystery - 3rd '19
Buggy - 4th '19, 5th '18
Mission - 3rd '17




Rate my tests!

Godspeed
Member
Member
Posts: 145
Joined: February 20th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: BEARSO Invitational

Post by Godspeed » October 17th, 2020, 8:56 pm

Division B Superscore
1. Kennedy (71)
2. Churchill (207)
3. Jeffrey Trail (235)
4. Sierra Vista (283)
5. Miller (310)
6. Solon (317)
7. Oak Valley (373)
8. Piedmont (384)
9. Iolani (419)
10. Fulton Science (422)

User avatar
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 890
Joined: April 23rd, 2018, 7:13 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: WW-P HSN
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Re: BEARSO Invitational

Post by sciolyperson1 » October 17th, 2020, 9:59 pm

Prediction Contest Results

Team Superscore Prediction Contest
pb5754 - 61.60631216 (Got 3rd, 4th, 5th correct)
EwwPhysics - 56.92658049 (Got 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th one off)
Aimer - 56.33710621
Klebb - 55.91566414
anandymous - 54.19819111
malikaow1004 - 53.288546
Giantpants - 53.03039191
kman1234t - 52.38117002
glaucophane - 52.23908894
Sciolyperson1 - 51.87966362

Actual:
West Windsor Plainsboro HS North - 0 Correct
Troy High School (CA) - 1 Correct
Seven Lakes High School - 5 Correct
Mason High School - 3 Correct
Mountain View - 3 Correct
Mission San Jose High School - 0 Correct
American High - 0 Correct
Lynbrook High School - 0 Correct
Iolani School - 0 Correct
Solon High School - 0 Correct


Winning Score (Not Superscored Score)
kman1234t - 287
Sciolyperson1 - 278
Mr.Epithelium - 271 (TIE)
flembo17 - 271 (TIE)
nobodynobody - 300
glaucophane - 269
Klebb - 314
builderguy135 - 315
freed2003 - 250
name - 322
Actual number - 285

100th Place Team (Not Superscored)
HugoTroop - Blue Valley North High School (TIE) 1
jaggie34 - James S. Rickards High School (TIE) 1
CookiePie1 - Buchholz High School 2
malikaow1004 - The Early College at Guilford 4
Giantpants - Kellenberg Memorial High School (TIE w/ nobodynobody) 12
nobodynobody - Van Nuys High School (TIE w/ Giantpants) 12
Mr.Epithelium - Del Norte High School 13
Sciolyperson1 - Martin Luther King High School (TIE w/ freed2003) 14
freed2003 - Martin Luther King High School (TIE w/ Sciolyperson1) 14
name - Chaminade High School 18
Actual - Iolani School

Lowest Placement w/ at least one medal (Not superscored)
sneepity - 189
Giantpants - 174
name - 172
peterzhuzhuzhu - 162
anandymous - 158
HugoTroop - 157
pb5754 - 155
builderguy135 - 153
Sciolyperson1 - 152
Mr.Epithelium - 139
Actual - 191

Highest Placement w/ no medals (Not superscored)
CookiePie1 - 50
Anonymous - 50
Giantpants - 51
anandymous - 42
Aimer - 54
jimmy-bond - 54
kman1234t - 56
Godspeed - 35
malikaow1004 - 34
HugoTroop - 33
Actual - 47
WW-P HSN '22, Community '18
'21: Gravity - Boomi - WICI - PPP - Cybersec

BEARSO: Gravity - 1st '21
MIT: Gravity - 1st '20
PUSO: PPP - 1st '20, WIDI -1st '20

Nats:
Team - 3rd '18, '19
Roller - 1st '19
Mystery - 3rd '19
Buggy - 4th '19, 5th '18
Mission - 3rd '17




Rate my tests!

Godspeed
Member
Member
Posts: 145
Joined: February 20th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: BEARSO Invitational

Post by Godspeed » October 17th, 2020, 10:28 pm

sciolyperson1 wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 9:59 pm
Prediction Contest Results

Team Superscore Prediction Contest
pb5754 - 61.60631216 (Got 3rd, 4th, 5th correct)
EwwPhysics - 56.92658049 (Got 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th one off)
Aimer - 56.33710621
Klebb - 55.91566414
anandymous - 54.19819111
malikaow1004 - 53.288546
Giantpants - 53.03039191
kman1234t - 52.38117002
glaucophane - 52.23908894
Sciolyperson1 - 51.87966362

Actual:
West Windsor Plainsboro HS North - 0 Correct
Troy High School (CA) - 1 Correct
Seven Lakes High School - 5 Correct
Mason High School - 3 Correct
Mountain View - 3 Correct
Mission San Jose High School - 0 Correct
American High - 0 Correct
Lynbrook High School - 0 Correct
Iolani School - 0 Correct
Solon High School - 0 Correct


Winning Score (Not Superscored Score)
kman1234t - 287
Sciolyperson1 - 278
Mr.Epithelium - 271 (TIE)
flembo17 - 271 (TIE)
nobodynobody - 300
glaucophane - 269
Klebb - 314
builderguy135 - 315
freed2003 - 250
name - 322
Actual number - 285

100th Place Team (Not Superscored)
HugoTroop - Blue Valley North High School (TIE) 1
jaggie34 - James S. Rickards High School (TIE) 1
CookiePie1 - Buchholz High School 2
malikaow1004 - The Early College at Guilford 4
Giantpants - Kellenberg Memorial High School (TIE w/ nobodynobody) 12
nobodynobody - Van Nuys High School (TIE w/ Giantpants) 12
Mr.Epithelium - Del Norte High School 13
Sciolyperson1 - Martin Luther King High School (TIE w/ freed2003) 14
freed2003 - Martin Luther King High School (TIE w/ Sciolyperson1) 14
name - Chaminade High School 18
Actual - Iolani School

Lowest Placement w/ at least one medal (Not superscored)
sneepity - 189
Giantpants - 174
name - 172
peterzhuzhuzhu - 162
anandymous - 158
HugoTroop - 157
pb5754 - 155
builderguy135 - 153
Sciolyperson1 - 152
Mr.Epithelium - 139
Actual - 191

Highest Placement w/ no medals (Not superscored)
CookiePie1 - 50
Anonymous - 50
Giantpants - 51
anandymous - 42
Aimer - 54
jimmy-bond - 54
kman1234t - 56
Godspeed - 35
malikaow1004 - 34
HugoTroop - 33
Actual - 47
My predictions were so off.

User avatar
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 890
Joined: April 23rd, 2018, 7:13 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: WW-P HSN
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Re: BEARSO Invitational

Post by sciolyperson1 » October 17th, 2020, 10:34 pm

Godspeed wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 10:28 pm

My predictions were so off.
Nobody got any of the teams 6-10 correct (or nearly correct)
WW-P HSN '22, Community '18
'21: Gravity - Boomi - WICI - PPP - Cybersec

BEARSO: Gravity - 1st '21
MIT: Gravity - 1st '20
PUSO: PPP - 1st '20, WIDI -1st '20

Nats:
Team - 3rd '18, '19
Roller - 1st '19
Mystery - 3rd '19
Buggy - 4th '19, 5th '18
Mission - 3rd '17




Rate my tests!

freed2003
Member
Member
Posts: 191
Joined: November 3rd, 2015, 3:00 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: BEARSO Invitational

Post by freed2003 » October 17th, 2020, 11:55 pm

For the superscore sheet, whats the difference between stack percent and score percent stack?
BEARSO/MIT/Regionals/State?
Cybersecurity 3/
Codebusters 6/
Geomapping 34/
Circuitlab 77/

User avatar
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 890
Joined: April 23rd, 2018, 7:13 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: WW-P HSN
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Re: BEARSO Invitational

Post by sciolyperson1 » October 18th, 2020, 6:30 am

freed2003 wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 11:55 pm
For the superscore sheet, whats the difference between stack percent and score percent stack?
Just arbitrary formulas that I tried to use to calculate how much a team stacked.

stack% is based on the amount of events A lost to B/C/D in.
score% is based on the ratio between the best team and the superscore.
These users thanked the author sciolyperson1 for the post:
freed2003 (October 18th, 2020, 3:15 pm)
WW-P HSN '22, Community '18
'21: Gravity - Boomi - WICI - PPP - Cybersec

BEARSO: Gravity - 1st '21
MIT: Gravity - 1st '20
PUSO: PPP - 1st '20, WIDI -1st '20

Nats:
Team - 3rd '18, '19
Roller - 1st '19
Mystery - 3rd '19
Buggy - 4th '19, 5th '18
Mission - 3rd '17




Rate my tests!

Godspeed
Member
Member
Posts: 145
Joined: February 20th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: BEARSO Invitational

Post by Godspeed » October 18th, 2020, 7:57 am

sciolyperson1 wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 10:34 pm
Godspeed wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 10:28 pm

My predictions were so off.
Nobody got any of the teams 6-10 correct (or nearly correct)
Yeah, it was a very surprising top 10. Some very surprising schools in there.

freed2003
Member
Member
Posts: 191
Joined: November 3rd, 2015, 3:00 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: BEARSO Invitational

Post by freed2003 » October 18th, 2020, 7:40 pm

Are we gonna get our tests and answers back?
BEARSO/MIT/Regionals/State?
Cybersecurity 3/
Codebusters 6/
Geomapping 34/
Circuitlab 77/

User avatar
bearasauras
Member
Member
Posts: 401
Joined: March 4th, 2003, 8:33 pm
State: CA
Location: Los Angeles, California
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 68 times
Contact:

Re: BEARSO Invitational

Post by bearasauras » October 18th, 2020, 7:48 pm

Yes, the web developer for Scilympiad is coding that part of the web page and an email will be sent to all coaches as soon as it's ready. Please understand that his main focus right now is to make sure UT's invitational goes smoothly for this coming Saturday.
These users thanked the author bearasauras for the post (total 4):
sciolyperson1 (October 18th, 2020, 7:51 pm) • freed2003 (October 18th, 2020, 8:13 pm) • reninkidney (October 18th, 2020, 8:18 pm) • RiverWalker88 (October 18th, 2020, 9:57 pm)

Post Reply

Return to “Invitationals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest