Your Daily Random Comment

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
Things2do
Division: Grad
State: TN
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Things2do »

When I got home this afternoon, my neighbor's dog was barking in the woods behind our house. It's a little unusual for him to run free since our other neighbors complained about him frequently baying and running loudly on their porch at 3 AM, but he still gets loose occasionally, so I just ignored it. However, it sounded like he was still in the same place a few minutes later. He usually only stands and barks when he's got something treed in the middle of the night, so I decided to walk around and see what was up, expecting to find the neighborhood raccoon up a tree. As soon as he saw me come around the corner, he stopped baying and started whimpering. At this point, I knew that something was wrong because I've never heard that dog whimper, and he's been running around here since he was a puppy. He was sorta hobbling around a couple of little trees, but the leg he was favoring kept changing. After a minute of careful observation, I saw that he was dragging his heavy 10-foot leash, and it had become entangled in the trees as he circled them. So, I started up the hill towards where he was trapped. After ensuring that he remembered me and scratching him behind the ears, it took me about 30 seconds to undo all of the winding he had done, which is a pretty long time for me to undo a tangled rope. He seemed alright, except for the droop in his tail, so I just watched to make sure that he didn't get tangled again on his way home. If he'd acted like there was a snake or something around and had been bleeding badly or such, I would've gone for his owner first. I'd rather not meet a copperhead or a rabid raccoon in ankle-deep English ivy when his owner is next door and has a shotgun around somewhere.

The leash he was dragging is usually hanging from a pulley on a wire that runs for most of their yard, so I'm assuming that something rusted through and broke off.
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
SilverBreeze
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA

Post by SilverBreeze »

Things2do wrote: January 5th, 2021, 10:01 pm When I got home this afternoon, my neighbor's dog was barking in the woods behind our house. It's a little unusual for him to run free since our other neighbors complained about him frequently baying and running loudly on their porch at 3 AM, but he still gets loose occasionally, so I just ignored it. However, it sounded like he was still in the same place a few minutes later. He usually only stands and barks when he's got something treed in the middle of the night, so I decided to walk around and see what was up, expecting to find the neighborhood raccoon up a tree. As soon as he saw me come around the corner, he stopped baying and started whimpering. At this point, I knew that something was wrong because I've never heard that dog whimper, and he's been running around here since he was a puppy. He was sorta hobbling around a couple of little trees, but the leg he was favoring kept changing. After a minute of careful observation, I saw that he was dragging his heavy 10-foot leash, and it had become entangled in the trees as he circled them. So, I started up the hill towards where he was trapped. After ensuring that he remembered me and scratching him behind the ears, it took me about 30 seconds to undo all of the winding he had done, which is a pretty long time for me to undo a tangled rope. He seemed alright, except for the droop in his tail, so I just watched to make sure that he didn't get tangled again on his way home. If he'd acted like there was a snake or something around and had been bleeding badly or such, I would've gone for his owner first. I'd rather not meet a copperhead or a rabid raccoon in ankle-deep English ivy when his owner is next door and has a shotgun around somewhere.

The leash he was dragging is usually hanging from a pulley on a wire that runs for most of their yard, so I'm assuming that something rusted through and broke off.
Awww yay for happy ending.

I keep trying to convince my parents not to feed the neighbor's dog when we go to let the chickens out. He likes to bark and scare the chickens.
It still amazes me that we've managed to selectively breed these creatures with adorable, expressive begging expressions.
Troy SciOly 2019 - 2023
Captain 2021-2023
Former Events: Ecology, Water Quality, Green Gen, Ornithology, Forestry, Disease Detectives, Forensics, Chem Lab, Env Chem, Sounds, Dynamic Planet, Crime Busters, Potions & Poisons, Exp Design, Towers, Mystery Arch, Reach for the Stars, Mission Possible
Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

Things2do wrote: January 5th, 2021, 10:01 pm When I got home this afternoon, my neighbor's dog was barking in the woods behind our house. It's a little unusual for him to run free since our other neighbors complained about him frequently baying and running loudly on their porch at 3 AM, but he still gets loose occasionally, so I just ignored it. However, it sounded like he was still in the same place a few minutes later. He usually only stands and barks when he's got something treed in the middle of the night, so I decided to walk around and see what was up, expecting to find the neighborhood raccoon up a tree. As soon as he saw me come around the corner, he stopped baying and started whimpering. At this point, I knew that something was wrong because I've never heard that dog whimper, and he's been running around here since he was a puppy. He was sorta hobbling around a couple of little trees, but the leg he was favoring kept changing. After a minute of careful observation, I saw that he was dragging his heavy 10-foot leash, and it had become entangled in the trees as he circled them. So, I started up the hill towards where he was trapped. After ensuring that he remembered me and scratching him behind the ears, it took me about 30 seconds to undo all of the winding he had done, which is a pretty long time for me to undo a tangled rope. He seemed alright, except for the droop in his tail, so I just watched to make sure that he didn't get tangled again on his way home. If he'd acted like there was a snake or something around and had been bleeding badly or such, I would've gone for his owner first. I'd rather not meet a copperhead or a rabid raccoon in ankle-deep English ivy when his owner is next door and has a shotgun around somewhere.

3. Yeah, at least I don't have any extracurriculars. I don't have the time to finish the final sentance for the instructions.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Wiki: Contributions | Tasks
Forums: Changelog
sneepity
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by sneepity »

SilverBreeze wrote: January 5th, 2021, 10:17 pm Awww yay for happy ending.

I keep trying to convince my parents not to feed the neighbor's dog when we go to let the chickens out. He likes to bark and scare the chickens.
It still amazes me that we've managed to selectively breed these creatures with adorable, expressive begging expressions.
WOA YOU HAVE CHICKENS???
the chickens in our area get loose sometimes, so people always report finding them on their porch :o)
I used to want chicks when I was younger!!
Actually, heck, I wanted every single pet when I was younger. Now I just want catfish :o)
B)
MorningCoffee
State: PA

Post by MorningCoffee »

sneepity wrote: January 6th, 2021, 4:21 am

WOA YOU HAVE CHICKENS???
the chickens in our area get loose sometimes, so people always report finding them on their porch :o)
Actually, heck, I wanted every single pet when I was younger. Now I just want catfish :o)
I mean, in 6th grade for me, we had a chick unit and they raffled off the chicks.
I didn't win, but my friend did and now she has full grown chickens!
rip pineapple the crippled chicked, you died in my hand :cry:
These users thanked the author MorningCoffee for the post:
sneepity (January 6th, 2021, 5:23 am)
Events 2023-2024:
uhh we'll find out let me apply to college first

orch dork forever
hot chocolate is best drink c:
sneepity
State: NY

Post by sneepity »

MorningCoffee wrote: January 6th, 2021, 4:37 am

WOA YOU HAVE CHICKENS???
I mean, in 6th grade for me, we had a chick unit and they raffled off the chicks.
that's such a cute name,,, poor baby. do you know why it died?
B)
MorningCoffee
State: PA

Post by MorningCoffee »

sneepity wrote: January 6th, 2021, 5:24 am
MorningCoffee wrote: January 6th, 2021, 4:37 am
WOA YOU HAVE CHICKENS???
that's such a cute name,,, poor baby. do you know why it died?
he came out of the egg unable to eat or walk, we tried feeding him food but he couldn't :(
Events 2023-2024:
uhh we'll find out let me apply to college first

orch dork forever
hot chocolate is best drink c:
Things2do

Post by Things2do »

SilverBreeze wrote: January 5th, 2021, 10:17 pm

Awww yay for happy ending.

He seems to ignore the chicken that randomly showed up in the yard last year.
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

Orchestra is not necessary as you already play violin. It would be nice to actually know it. Second languages are really cool, and surprisingly useful.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Wiki: Contributions | Tasks
Forums: Changelog
Things2do

Post by Things2do »

Pi-Bot wrote: January 6th, 2021, 10:10 pm

Orchestra is not necessary as you already play violin. It would be nice to actually know it. Second languages are really cool, and surprisingly useful.
Sorry to tell you this, but I don't play the violin... Although, I do know a bit of Spanish.
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki

Return to “General Chat”