Your Daily Random Comment

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Assassinator »

Booknerd wrote: February 5th, 2021, 6:20 pm
Assassinator wrote: February 5th, 2021, 4:24 pm The Lord of Space has instructed me to make a comment here as to the dimension we are currently in. I would say we're somewhere between the present and the future, but he needs to know where. I've created a 3 dimensional way to analyze 5 dimensional space so that way you all can comprehend that of which realms the gods dwell in.

Oh you only needed the dimension we're in? Ok I'll stop rambling.

We're nowhere, but everywhere at once. Interstellar.

edit: typos because dumb
Fyren is that you
Oh Definitely not.
These users thanked the author Assassinator for the post:
LittleMissNyan (April 18th, 2021, 2:27 pm)
mogus
stenopushispidus
State: HI

Post by stenopushispidus »

sorry this is late, i announced it on the discord/chat a while ago and put it on my userpage but i forgot about the forums.

if you're on discord or irc, you might know me because i'm fairly active on those (if you were on irc before the scioly.org discord came, i probably didn't meet you because i started actively interacting with the community around october 2020), but if you're not on either of those, then here's an introduction if you want to read (because you're probably seeing this post about staff appreciation from this person who you know nothing about haha):
my name is steno and i am from hawaii! i'm fairly active on the irc and discord and my favorite organisms are: costasiella kuroshimae, otters, and stenopus hispidus. my spirit animal is most likely a hermit crab and if you haven't noticed, i'm really into marine science :). water quality marine and estuary is my favorite (with dynamic planet oceanography in second), and i believe oceans are far superior to glaciers! (*cough* hugo *cough*).

i wanted to thank the staff for being awesome people and decided they needed more than just one day because one day is not long enough to fit enough appreciation in for all of them! here was the solution i came up with:

unofficial staff appreciation week from 2/7-2/14!
Sunday, 2/7: pi-bot appreciation day!
Monday, 2/8: wiki mods appreciation day!
Tuesday, 2/9: forums mods appreciation day!
Wednesday, 2/10: gallery mod appreciation day!
Thursday, 2/11: admin appreciation day!
Friday, 2/12: emeritus appreciation day!
Saturday, 2/13: exalted members appreciation day!
Sunday, 2/14: members/users appreciation day!

disclaimer: this staff appreciation week is NOT OFFICIAL; it is just something i came up with because i wanted to thank the staff more.

thanks for taking time to read this! if you're wondering what you can do because you want to thank the staff, here are some of the things i've been doing: giving cookies with a nice message on the staff's userpage discussion, write nice comments to them on discord/irc/forums/etc, and other miscellaneous ways of showing appreciation! <3 you all of the staff, keep up the great work!
Last edited by stenopushispidus on February 10th, 2021, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author stenopushispidus for the post (total 13):
jaspattack (February 8th, 2021, 6:43 pm) • SilverBreeze (February 8th, 2021, 6:44 pm) • AstroClarinet (February 8th, 2021, 7:39 pm) • Person (February 8th, 2021, 10:03 pm) • LittleMissNyan (February 9th, 2021, 4:24 am) • MorningCoffee (February 9th, 2021, 5:33 am) • Booknerd (February 9th, 2021, 7:37 am) • Nydauron (February 9th, 2021, 9:00 am) • gz839918 (February 9th, 2021, 9:49 pm) • azboy1910 (February 10th, 2021, 8:31 pm) and 3 more users
i try to exist sometimes

Tournament Volunteering:
• Co-Writer/Grader for Menomonie Dynamic Planet (B)
• Co-Writer/Grader for Menomonie Water Quality (B)
• Writer/Grader for February SMEC Water Quality (C)
Pi-Bot
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Pi-Bot »

Assassinator wrote: February 8th, 2021, 11:00 am
Assassinator wrote: February 5th, 2021, 4:24 pm The Lord of Space has instructed me to make a comment here as to the dimension we are currently in. I would say we're somewhere between the present and the future, but he needs to know where. I've created a 3 dimensional way to analyze 5 dimensional space so that way you all can comprehend that of which realms the gods dwell in.

Fyren is that you
Oh Definitely not.
Eventually, you hit a point when you realize that Magicarpmaster629 is a Pokemon reference.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
These users thanked the author Pi-Bot for the post:
sneepity (February 9th, 2021, 10:37 am)
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Wiki: Contributions | Tasks
Forums: Changelog
TheChiScientist
Division: Grad
State: IL

Post by TheChiScientist »

I'm still alive!(Curse you Discord for making me more lazy to go on the forums)
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

Assassinator wrote: February 8th, 2021, 11:00 am

Fyren is that you
Oh Definitely not.
You might be the exception, but for most of the day as well. Our street was flooded up past the sidewalks
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Things2do
Division: Grad
State: TN

Post by Things2do »

This evening, I discovered that when you fill a syringe with gasoline, squirt out the gas, and then refill it with normal air, you can make a small flamethrower by lighting the ensuing discharge. It only worked twice before needing a reflush of gas, and I didn't pursue this further. I figured that I'd done enough stupid pigeon for one day, so I walked around back and talked to the chicken for a while instead...
Some days I wonder how I'm still alive, and how I still have all of my fingers and such. It may still get me yet, though. Such things as disassembling a magnetron in the living room aren't always instant...
Pi-Bot wrote:Our street was flooded up past the sidewalks.
Sounds like you need to call Post 10.
These users thanked the author Things2do for the post:
sneepity (February 10th, 2021, 5:39 am)
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

stenopushispidus wrote: February 8th, 2021, 6:35 pm sorry this is late, i announced it on the discord/chat a while ago and put it on my userpage but i forgot about the forums.

if you're on discord or irc, you might know me because i'm fairly active on those (if you were on irc before the scioly.org discord came, i probably didn't meet you because i started actively interacting with the community around october 2020), but if you're not on either of those, then here's an introduction if you want to read (because you're probably seeing this post about staff appreciation from this person who you know nothing about haha):
my name is steno and i am from hawaii! i'm fairly active on the irc and discord and my favorite organisms are: costasiella kuroshimae, otters, and stenopus hispidus. my spirit animal is most likely a hermit crab and if you haven't noticed, i'm really into marine science :). water quality marine and estuary is my favorite (with dynamic planet oceanography in second), and i believe oceans are far superior to glaciers! (*cough* hugo *cough*).

i wanted to thank the staff for being awesome people and decided they needed more than just one day because one day is not long enough to fit enough appreciation in for all of them! here was the solution i came up with:

Saturday, 2/14: exalted members appreciation day!
Sunday, 2/15: members/users appreciation day!

disclaimer: this staff appreciation week is NOT OFFICIAL; it is just something i came up with because i wanted to thank the staff more.

thanks for taking time to read this! if you're wondering what you can do because you want to thank the staff, here are some of the things i've been doing: giving cookies with a nice message on the staff's userpage discussion, write nice comments to them on discord/irc/forums/etc, and other miscellaneous ways of showing appreciation! <3 you all of the staff, keep up the great work!
this was not a made for movie book... I refuse to watch HIMYM due to its similarities to Friends.

stenopushispidus
State: HI

Post by stenopushispidus »

this has to do with a conversation from the scioly.org discord. it was too many characters to be sent via there so im sending it here and sending the link to discord. we <3 you azboy.

disclaimer: this was was written for a certain person, but it applies to anyone reading it.

@azboy, you are one of the nicest people on here (and that's saying a lot). the way that you don't think you're smart or kind makes me really sad because i wish you could see what we see in you. i just want you to know that i am always tired so if im spending time to do something like this for you (takes a lot of motivation for me to do things), i want to do it. i might do this a lot on here, but do you think i write these paragraphs of appreciation on my friends' group chat or to my teachers? no. i do it because i appreciate the people here even if they have not directly helped me. you are a prime example of what i mean. you may not know you've helped, but i know you have helped me. i also completely understand what you mean by you're constantly bothering everyone! that is a normal feeling but the fact that im not bothered doing this makes me hope that i dont bother everyone else too much when i do it! so i hope that gives you hope too.

because this helped me to see what i gave vs what i took from the community i'll do it for you: your positive traits versus your negative traits (or what you give to the community:
positive:
- you ask questions about circuit that other people would have been too scared to ask and helped many people understand the subject more such as me (i used to be too scared to bother people but you asking questions a lot gave me courage!)
- you lift me up when im feeling down, just even saying a few words when im feeling down and im having a bad day and im talking about it makes my day much better
- talking about how you did bad in your events does sometimes make me feel a bit better about me doing bad (but self deprecation is still bad >:(
- you bring a lot of happiness to the discord: even when you think youre being annoying like during these conversations, it makes me happy to know im maybe helping someone and you still bring much more happiness than negativity.
- doing things like answering the question marathon helps other people know what to study and teachers them
- writing tests, even just the one soccoro one helps advance learning of others'
- talking about your problems helps people. you think you annoy people but tbh you make people like me feel less alone with their problems.
negative:
- sometimes you might make a mistake and say something wrong- it's happened to everyone! everyone knows, ive made some controversial comments and been rude quite a few times before. they still have me on the server and they still help me out which means my positives must be greater than my negatives.
- tbh it was very hard for me to think of negatives. you do not annoy me or anyone else by talking about your issues it even helps me for you to talk about it! (sometimes makes me feel like im doing something with my life). I am very apathetic to some things which means that if i wanted to go, i'd leave. i would just leave and sleep. but say you did annoy people, even though you don't. so what? if you dont let your issues out, then theyre just gonna get worse and hurt more people. and these are people you'll probably never meet, most of which dont know who you are or what you look like. better here than in a school group chat/discord, right?

in total, your positive contributions to the community far outweigh your negative

i'm right with you, az. i know how much it hurts and how you always feel like you're annoying people. you're not. i dont know how to make that clearer, but i'll scream it until you understand it man.

on the topic of your achievements. nothing will ever feel like enough. ever. i did three service projects in the last 5 months and i still feel like i havent done enough. think about it, how many medals will make you feel good. you got top 25 in circuit out of thousands of people, is that not amazing? that's at least the top 5%. medals? medaling means you made the top 10%. yeah, that might seem great but youre facing the greatest in the country. do you expect to get top 10% everytime all the time against the smartest people in america? no. no one can do that. say that people can, but they can't. not every time. no one is perfect, but you are as close as someone might get to it.

and say you feel like you havent done enough. it's alright. we know how awesome and hard working you are. you might say "i havent worked in months, i always procrastinate". if what ive seen shows anything, you have worked very hard in the past and you are not doing very well with mental state right now. exceptions can be made. you are in 8th grade your grades can be explained. sure, it might hurt to get a B or a C but so what? a few Bs or Cs from 8th grade are not going to make a huge difference in the end. might hurt at first when you get the report card, but grades dont really matter in 8th grade. you might say "but steno, it still hurts when i get the grade" yeah, what'll hurt more. when you have crippling mental illness for years or seeing a few Bs or Cs on your reportcard. you make the choice. you might also think that what you have wont lead to mental illness! i thought that too! then i went to the emergency room! someone is always ready to help, and you found us. we are ready to help you, no matter what. you might not love yourself but i love you. does that make things weird because im a guy and im gay? do i care? no. we both know what i mean. i love your curiosity, i love your ready-to-helpfullness, and i love your love for learning.

after all this, you might still have doubts. i just hope this killed at least one of your doubts or hurt you even in the smallest amount. that would make it all worth it for me. <3
These users thanked the author stenopushispidus for the post (total 9):
twoplustwoisten (February 10th, 2021, 8:23 pm) • azboy1910 (February 10th, 2021, 8:25 pm) • Godspeed (February 10th, 2021, 8:26 pm) • LittleMissNyan (February 11th, 2021, 4:06 am) • sneepity (February 11th, 2021, 5:20 am) • lumosityfan (February 11th, 2021, 7:07 am) • gz839918 (February 11th, 2021, 8:45 am) • bernard (February 11th, 2021, 3:46 pm) • Booknerd (February 12th, 2021, 5:52 am)
i try to exist sometimes

Tournament Volunteering:
• Co-Writer/Grader for Menomonie Dynamic Planet (B)
• Co-Writer/Grader for Menomonie Water Quality (B)
• Writer/Grader for February SMEC Water Quality (C)
Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

Pi-Bot wrote: February 10th, 2021, 6:10 pm
stenopushispidus wrote: February 8th, 2021, 6:35 pm sorry this is late, i announced it on the discord/chat a while ago and put it on my userpage but i forgot about the forums.

Saturday, 2/14: exalted members appreciation day!
Sunday, 2/15: members/users appreciation day!

this was not a made for movie book... I refuse to watch HIMYM due to its similarities to Friends.
Okay. I don't know if a homeschooler would be able to get through 4 books in a year.

twoplustwoisten
Division: C
State: ID

Post by twoplustwoisten »

Pi-Bot wrote: February 11th, 2021, 4:10 pm Okay. I don't know if a homeschooler would be able to get through 4 books in a year.
DUDE. I'm right here. besides, I read like 200 books in a year, if not more.

i'm counting re-reads though
********************__
*******************/ _)
*********_.-------._/ /
*******/--------------/
****__/ (**|------(**|
___/__.-'|_|_____|_|

Return to “General Chat”