Pi-Bot
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Pi-Bot »

Pi-Bot wrote: February 24th, 2021, 12:13 pm
Pi-Bot wrote: February 24th, 2021, 12:11 pm
Fyren wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 11:52 am
Mmm, I wouldn't say that...
Also, how has nobody had an assasinator game take place in an Olive Garden? We need to have an ultimate breadstick war between the cults of scioly.org with alliances, arsenals, and acts of treachery included.
Yay! My band conductor let me have a copy of the Div B rules manuals out for someone else.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
See, we had lots of snow days. School's supposed to end the end of the world y'know. Wherever you go, as long as you change your ways.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
100% agreed. I love watching launches, and it's very sad to me that the Rays were a one hit wonder
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Wiki: Contributions | Tasks
Forums: Changelog
Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

Pi-Bot wrote: February 27th, 2021, 6:10 am

Yay! My band conductor let me have a copy of the Div B rules manuals out for someone else.
See, we had lots of snow days. School's supposed to end the end of the world y'know. Wherever you go, as long as you change your ways.
100% agreed. I love watching launches, and it's very sad to me that the Rays were a one hit wonder
Oh wow... this is the latest I've stayed up is a meager 3:00
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad

Post by BennyTheJett »

:oops: GM! Fishing in the middle of nowhere today.
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
gz839918
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: WI
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Post by gz839918 »

How do you all capitalize multiple-word phrases that aren't people or organizations? Do you capitalize some of them differently from others?

Fermat's last theorem or Fermat's Last Theorem?

Take a look at the free-response section or Take a look at the Free-Response Section?

Boston tea party or Boston Tea Party?
These users thanked the author gz839918 for the post:
twoplustwoisten (February 28th, 2021, 10:59 am)
I ❤ sounds of music! About meRate my tests

Carmel High School ’19
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill ’23
“People overestimate what they can do in a day, and underestimate what they can do in a lifetime.” –Unknown
CookiePie1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NJ

Post by CookiePie1 »

Fermat's Last Theorem - referencing something very specific
free-response section - using "the" already limits it to the (assumed) only free-response section; not a proper noun
Boston Tea Party - the name of the event is the Boston Tea Party
I would capitalize Schrodinger's Cat because it's the name of the experiment, but if Schrodinger had a dog I would write Schrodinger's dog.
Robie House is capitalized because it's the name of the building, but in most other cases I wouldn't capitalize the word "house"
These users thanked the author CookiePie1 for the post (total 2):
twoplustwoisten (February 28th, 2021, 10:59 am) • Nydauron (February 28th, 2021, 11:38 pm)
South Brunswick High School Captain '22
2020 Events: Protein Modeling, Ping Pong Parachute, Wright Stuff, Sounds of Music
2021 Events: Protein Modeling, Sounds of Music, Ornithology
2022 Events: TBD

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

Jealous. Our 7th graders got to take a field trip to see The Hunger Games? They're a good series, but... why?

Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

And leaving tomorrow to go to the Tech building of our school to get to the center of a tootsie pop...o.o
These users thanked the author Pi-Bot for the post:
bernard (March 2nd, 2021, 8:39 am)

BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by BennyTheJett »

I'm very curious. Does anyone know if we are born knowing what's right and wrong, or do we learn it? :thonk:
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
ZachMUHS
State: WI

Post by ZachMUHS »

BennyTheJett wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 10:16 am I'm very curious. Does anyone know if we are born knowing what's right and wrong, or do we learn it? :thonk:
I find out by holding up my hands and sticking out my thumbs. If it doesn't make an L shape then it's right.
Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

Pi-Bot wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 12:10 am

And leaving tomorrow to go to the Tech building of our school to get to the center of a tootsie pop...o.o
Hey, what else am I supposed to put if I don't want to die

Return to “General Chat”