Your Daily Random Comment

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
stenopushispidus
State: HI

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by stenopushispidus »

also, i don’t understand: if mendeleev made the periodic table to group elements according to their properties so it would be easier to know them, then why do chemistry teachers make us memorize them all?? isn’t the point of the periodic table so that you don’t have to memorize it all and the elements are ordered according to properties??
i try to exist sometimes

Tournament Volunteering:
• Co-Writer/Grader for Menomonie Dynamic Planet (B)
• Co-Writer/Grader for Menomonie Water Quality (B)
• Writer/Grader for February SMEC Water Quality (C)
0ddrenaline
Division: Grad
State: MI

Post by 0ddrenaline »

Question: From 1996 to 1998, teams were invited to Nationals from Canada for division B and C. Seems like they competed officially, unlike the Japanese teams these days. Does anyone know how they qualified? Did Canada have their own "State" competition or what?
These users thanked the author 0ddrenaline for the post:
Unome (May 11th, 2021, 3:03 pm)
Pi-Bot
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Pi-Bot »

0ddrenaline wrote: May 11th, 2021, 12:50 pm Question: From 1996 to 1998, teams were invited to Nationals from Canada for division B and C. Seems like they competed officially, unlike the Japanese teams these days. Does anyone know how they qualified? Did Canada have their own "State" competition or what?
Hi you should go check out the Assassinator game cause it's going to be a lot of fun to watch from the sideline.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Wiki: Contributions | Tasks
Forums: Changelog
twoplustwoisten
Division: C
State: ID

Post by twoplustwoisten »

Pi-Bot wrote: May 11th, 2021, 3:10 pm
0ddrenaline wrote: May 11th, 2021, 12:50 pm Question: From 1996 to 1998, teams were invited to Nationals from Canada for division B and C. Seems like they competed officially, unlike the Japanese teams these days. Does anyone know how they qualified? Did Canada have their own "State" competition or what?
Hi you should go check out the Assassinator game cause it's going to be a lot of fun to watch from the sideline.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
Pi-Bot sassy confirmed?
********************__
*******************/ _)
*********_.-------._/ /
*******/--------------/
****__/ (**|------(**|
___/__.-'|_|_____|_|
twoplustwoisten
State: ID

Post by twoplustwoisten »

stenopushispidus wrote: May 11th, 2021, 11:52 am also, i don’t understand: if mendeleev made the periodic table to group elements according to their properties so it would be easier to know them, then why do chemistry teachers make us memorize them all?? isn’t the point of the periodic table so that you don’t have to memorize it all and the elements are ordered according to properties??
you have to memorise the periodic table?? poor soul Ɛ>
********************__
*******************/ _)
*********_.-------._/ /
*******/--------------/
****__/ (**|------(**|
___/__.-'|_|_____|_|
stenopushispidus

twoplustwoisten wrote: May 11th, 2021, 3:44 pm
stenopushispidus wrote: May 11th, 2021, 11:52 am also, i don’t understand: if mendeleev made the periodic table to group elements according to their properties so it would be easier to know them, then why do chemistry teachers make us memorize them all?? isn’t the point of the periodic table so that you don’t have to memorize it all and the elements are ordered according to properties??
you have to memorise the periodic table?? poor soul Ɛ>
not much of it, just thought it was an interesting idea because i know the chem students have to know a bunch of it.
i try to exist sometimes

Tournament Volunteering:
Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

all you people who have done the best
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Wiki: Contributions | Tasks
Forums: Changelog
AstroClarinet

Post by AstroClarinet »

I haven't had to memorize the periodic table yet but memorizing the symbols for each element is pretty useful
AstroClarinet's Userpage
Nats: Remote sensing 3rd 2x, Astronomy 6th, Cell Bio 3rd
 Astro, Genes, Water, DigiStructures, Solar System, Boomi, Density, Eco, Optics, Towers, Microbe, Mission Possible
stenopushispidus

chemistry is the the scarlet letter of science. it’s unnecessarily complicated and boring, the vast majority of people hate it, and very few people remember anything about it after high school/college other than ‘it sucked’

physics is like the infinite jest of science. most people don’t care to read beyond the first chapter, it’s far too complicated and long, and if you understand it you’ve probably ascended beyond this astral plane.

marine ecology is the starbucks of science. it’s awesome and so are otters.
These users thanked the author stenopushispidus for the post:
twoplustwoisten (May 12th, 2021, 3:53 pm)
i try to exist sometimes

Tournament Volunteering:
stenopushispidus

AstroClarinet wrote: May 12th, 2021, 1:32 pm
I haven't had to memorize the periodic table yet but memorizing the symbols for each element is pretty useful
yeah but like the bonds and groups and valence electrons and all that stuff??
i try to exist sometimes

Tournament Volunteering:

Return to “General Chat”