bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Digital Structures B/C [TRIAL]

Post by bernard »

Digital Structures is a trial event for Division B/C and might not be run at all tournaments. Check with your tournament to see if it will be run.
These users thanked the author bernard for the post:
sciolyperson1 (September 11th, 2021, 11:56 am)
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
BigZ
Division: B
State: CA

Digital Structures

Post by BigZ »

Last year, there was an event usually run as a trial event called Digital Structures. This year, Digital Structures is an actual event in multiple competitions later in the year, including States for California. My school has been emailing the states to set up the accounts for the event so we can get a head start. Has anyone successfully contacted the state and gotten a SkyCiv account ready to roll?
DM me if your life is oofed
bearasauras

Re: Digital Structures B/C [TRIAL]

Post by bearasauras »

Hi BigZ, SoCal teams in Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, and Santa Barbara will all receive their SkyCiv license once their team has completed their registration. I don't recall seeing an email from your school. Can you please email me at [email protected]? Thank you!
These users thanked the author bearasauras for the post:
BigZ (November 30th, 2021, 9:07 am)
BigZ

Post by BigZ »

We got it sorted out, thank you! We will hopefully get a head start on this event.
These users thanked the author BigZ for the post:
bearasauras (November 30th, 2021, 9:22 am)
DM me if your life is oofed
moonstar1222
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0

Post by moonstar1222 »

Does anyone know how the parameters work? I'm having a hard time understanding what would be allowed within the parameters
THHS Build Cap

2019-2020: Boomilever, Gravity, Detector, Wright
bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bernard »

moonstar1222 wrote: January 5th, 2022, 5:04 pm Does anyone know how the parameters work? I'm having a hard time understanding what would be allowed within the parameters
Which parameters do you have questions about? For many, but not all, parameters, SkyCiv will give warnings for out of range values.
Fyren (May 21st, 2022, 9:52 am)
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
moonstar1222
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0

Post by moonstar1222 »

I was having trouble understanding the event parameters for div B. Would the supervisor provide the coordinates for one set of nodes, which would be in the form of (x,y,z) (x,y,z) (x,y,z) (x,y,z) along with the mandatory loading area?

So the supervisor would give coordniates like for example (0 cm, 10 cm, 2.5 cm), (5 cm, 10 cm, 2.5 cm), (0 cm, 10 cm, -2.5 cm), (5 cm, 10 cm, -2.5 cm), where the x coordniates are 5cm apart?
Last edited by moonstar1222 on January 23rd, 2022, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
THHS Build Cap

2019-2020: Boomilever, Gravity, Detector, Wright
bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bernard »

moonstar1222 wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 8:13 am I was having trouble understanding the event parameters for div B. Would the supervisor provide the coordinates for one set of nodes, which would be in the form of (x,y,z) (x,y,z) (x,y,z) (x,y,z) along with the mandatory loading area?

So the supervisor would give coordniates like for example (0 cm, 10 cm, 2.5 cm), (5 cm, 10 cm, 2.5 cm), (0 cm, 10 cm, -2.5 cm), (5 cm, 10 cm, -2.5 cm), where the x coordniates are 5cm apart?
The number of Area Loads provided depends on the level of competition: 2 for invitationals/regionals, 3 for state, and 4 for national. The Event Supervisor might provide you coordinates for all Area Loads. Or they might just provide the coordinates for only the additional Area Load(s); in this case you should still construct the Area Load in rule 3.c.ii. Here is a sample of what I've provided to Division C teams at an invitational tournament.

Code: Select all

Area Load 1
(x =  2.5 cm, y = 15.0 cm, z =  2.5 cm)
(x =  2.5 cm, y = 15.0 cm, z = -2.5 cm)
(x = -2.5 cm, y = 15.0 cm, z =  2.5 cm)
(x = -2.5 cm, y = 15.0 cm, z = -2.5 cm)

Area Load 2
(x =  2.5 cm, y =  7.5 cm, z =  2.5 cm)
(x =  2.5 cm, y =  7.5 cm, z = -2.5 cm)
(x =  7.5 cm, y =  7.5 cm, z =  2.5 cm)
(x =  7.5 cm, y =  7.5 cm, z = -2.5 cm)
Fyren (May 21st, 2022, 9:52 am)
Pebble
State: MD

Post by Pebble »

Skyciv shows an error message when I attempt to test a structure, but I can't figure out what's wrong. The solve says that the density for the materials is low, but you're not allowed to change them.
ok
Pebble
State: MD

Post by Pebble »

Pebble wrote: April 18th, 2022, 6:13 pm Skyciv shows an error message when I attempt to test a structure, but I can't figure out what's wrong. The solve says that the density for the materials is low, but you're not allowed to change them.
problem solved

for possible area loads on the bridge, the rules say that they all go in the line of the bridge right?
ok

Return to “2022 Build Events”