Scrambler B

croman74
Division: C
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scrambler B

Post by croman74 »

7th place is pretty good! And 2nd overall is amazing! Are you going to nats, or does your state only send 1 team?
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson
fmtiger124
Division: Grad
State: NY

Post by fmtiger124 »

WE GOT 38th!!!!! our egg broke when i put a piece of tape on it-i dont know how it just cracked
Fuzzy Mint
State: WA

Post by Fuzzy Mint »

nah, our state only sends 1 team.
woah, your state tournament has over 38 teams??? we only have 20 or something...thats too bad though that your egg broke when you taped it on. is it against the rules to get another egg before your runs or something?
fmtiger124

Post by fmtiger124 »

Fuzzy Mint wrote:nah, our state only sends 1 team.
woah, your state tournament has over 38 teams??? we only have 20 or something...thats too bad though that your egg broke when you taped it on. is it against the rules to get another egg before your runs or something?
yep u cant get another egg we and another team appealed because we saw 4 teams in the 15 minutes within our run break their egg before they ran-we thought mabye the eggs weakend over the day--it didnt work though
ChrisYim
State: IL

Post by ChrisYim »

Oh, and I have one other question. Does the weight of the Scrambler vehicle effect how far it goes? I mean, I know it can stop easier but can it go farther than lighter vehicles? (I'm using a Push-Rod Launcher System)
croman74
State: MI

Post by croman74 »

To make it go faster, you want it to be lighter.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson
bob3443

Post by bob3443 »

ChrisYim wrote:Oh, and I have one other question. Does the weight of the Scrambler vehicle effect how far it goes? I mean, I know it can stop easier but can it go farther than lighter vehicles? (I'm using a Push-Rod Launcher System)
well you should already be able to get full 12 meters
Fuzzy Mint
State: WA

Post by Fuzzy Mint »

yeah, lighter helps quite a bit. at regionals we had really heavy wheels so it didn't go very fast or very far, but at state we changed the weight of the car and wheels and it went quite a bit better. :D
ktownpa7
Division: B

Post by ktownpa7 »

a suggestion for anyone who is interested is that you might want to try testing on different floor surfaces.
when testing before regionals on a tile florr i was getting consistant of up to 5 cm of. When i got to regionals and launched on the gym, laminated wood planks, it slammed into the wall. i had the brakes calibrated exactly how they were for testing.
fmtiger124

Post by fmtiger124 »

ktownpa7 wrote:a suggestion for anyone who is interested is that you might want to try testing on different floor surfaces.
when testing before regionals on a tile florr i was getting consistant of up to 5 cm of. When i got to regionals and launched on the gym, laminated wood planks, it slammed into the wall. i had the brakes calibrated exactly how they were for testing.
we know its been discused--i would still think that people would just automatically test on a gym floor though for me when i think of the event and where it might be held the first thing that pops into my head is "gym".

Return to “2009 Build Events”