4. Bala Cynwyd
5. Eagle View
C
1. Cumberland Valley
2. Harriton
3. Bayard Rustin
4. Lower Marion
5. Athens area
Any comments on results from either division?
Congrats cv and springhouse!!! So exciting to see cv get first after a few years of 3rd/4th~~

Overall in div c, scores were pretty high; CV won with a score that would have tied for 2nd in 2019. I think that Harriton getting 2nd for the second year in a row shows that last year wasn't a fluke and their period of dominance may be ending (by that I mean, they're no longer miles ahead of anyone - of course they're still an awesome team :) just maybe not what they once were). Also, I'm excited to see if Athens Area will become a strong contender for nats in the next couple years 👀

In terms of my own team: LM builds not doing great was expected. However a lot of our studies bombed somewhat unexpectedly :( at the end of the day, our major coaching changes this year took their toll and that combined with some unlucky placements in events with close score distributions led to a sub-par performance at states this year. Nevertheless, I'm so proud of my teammates :) it's been quite the season with many highs and lows, and I'm so excited to see what we can achieve next year~ hopefully there will actually be in-person invitationals lol

The thing about high team scores also applies to div b (except springhouse). Other than that, I don't have much to say about results, just a big congrats to springhouse and ssa~

Thank you everyone for an awesome season!
Lower Merion Captain '24
Cell bio, code, disease, forensics
Cell bio, codebusters, disease, envirochem (and widi, chem lab) 
Protein Modeling - 1st @ nats
Disease Detectives - 4th @ nats
Designer Genes - 1st @ states
Also fossils, widi, circuit
vehicleguy
Division: C

Re: Pennsylvania 2022

Post by vehicleguy »

Congrats to CV and Harriton! I personally am happy to see 3 NEPA teams in the top ten
These users thanked the author vehicleguy for the post:
EwwPhysics (May 1st, 2022, 6:23 pm)
AHHS '22 Vanderbilt '26
2022 Events: Chem Lab, Envi Chem, It's About Time, Orni, PPP, Wright Stuff
2022 States: 3rd Envi Chem, 3rd Orni, 4th Wright Stuff
Userpage- https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Vehicleguy
Giantpants
Division: Grad
State: NY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Giantpants »

I had a great time attending states this weekend, and had an amazing time supervising Sounds of Music! A lot of teams had some really great instruments, and it was great to see how teams handled what I considered to me one of my tougher tests. Great job to everyone who participated. Remember, if you have any questions moving into next year's season of Sounds of Music, I'm happy to help.

I had honestly forgotten how fun it is to attend big in person Science Olympiad competitions, and am so glad I was able to go and meet some people who I had only known online before! Thanks to you all for making it possible haha.

Lastly, congrats to Springhouse, Shady Side, Harriton, and particularly Cumberland Valley for their first nationals appearance! I'm sure you all will represent us amazingly at nationals!

PS: If you caught one of the shirts that I threw into the crowd directly before awards, I hope you like it! :x haha
Haverford College, Class of 2024!
Former President, Kellenberg, 2018-2020
Bro. Joseph Fox, 2014-2017

Events I'm Writing in 2023: Sounds of Music, Rocks and Minerals
Events I've Written in Years Past: Geologic Mapping, Remote Sensing
Giantpants's Userpage
zsg11
Division: Grad
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by zsg11 »

Hello Pennsylvania and congratulations on an amazing season!
This was sent to all PA Div C coaches, but if any of you graduating seniors are heading to PSU or Pitt in the fall, please fill out this form if you’re interested in SOAPS or PittSciOly respectively
https://forms.gle/vhM9dQQCTRWwdJ5A9.

Feel free to send to anyone you know (PA or out-of-state) attending these unis who may be interested!

Both of our alumni chapters are still in their infancy and are looking to the current graduating class (some of whom may have even competed at one of our tournaments over the past two years(!)) to help grow and improve our programs. Both PSU and Pitt plan on hosting in-person invitational tournaments next season. As we are both large PA state schools, there is no better group of individuals to recruit to our clubs than PA SciOly's amazing graduating class seniors!
Good Hope Middle School (2014-2017)
Cumberland Valley High School (2017-2020)
Penn State University Immunology and Infectious Disease (2020-2024)
SOAPS Invitational Director (2021-)

Return to “2022 Regionals & States”