Older Solar System Pages Not Working

D39IJ11
Division: B
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Older Solar System Pages Not Working

Post by D39IJ11 »

I've been trying to edit a few of the older solar system pages such as Solar System/Extraterrestrial Water or Solar System/Terrestrial Bodies, but every time I try to edit the page it shows some server error. Is this just me or is it everyone? If it is for everyone, I think it is the reason it is in the Needs Work Category.

Can someone please fix this issues?
Design 39 Campus student
7th grader
Space science is the best!
D39IJ11's Userpage
kleinerPanzer
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Division: Grad
State: KS

Re: Older Solar System Pages Not Working

Post by kleinerPanzer »

D39IJ11 wrote: July 17th, 2022, 7:40 pm I've been trying to edit a few of the older solar system pages such as Solar System/Extraterrestrial Water or Solar System/Terrestrial Bodies, but every time I try to edit the page it shows some server error. Is this just me or is it everyone? If it is for everyone, I think it is the reason it is in the Needs Work Category.

Unfortunately, pages with a slash in their title break the visual editor. Currently there is no workaround aside from using Edit Source—if you need any help, though, feel free to ask!
These users thanked the author kleinerPanzer for the post:
D39IJ11 (July 18th, 2022, 8:56 pm)
D39IJ11
Division: B
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by D39IJ11 »

HugoTroop wrote: July 18th, 2022, 6:26 pm
D39IJ11 wrote: July 17th, 2022, 7:40 pm I've been trying to edit a few of the older solar system pages such as Solar System/Extraterrestrial Water or Solar System/Terrestrial Bodies, but every time I try to edit the page it shows some server error. Is this just me or is it everyone? If it is for everyone, I think it is the reason it is in the Needs Work Category.

Unfortunately, pages with a slash in their title break the visual editor. Currently there is no workaround aside from using Edit Source—if you need any help, though, feel free to ask!
How does the edit source thing exactly work, I tried that but it was confusing.
Design 39 Campus student
7th grader
Space science is the best!
D39IJ11's Userpage
kleinerPanzer
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Division: Grad
State: KS

Post by kleinerPanzer »

D39IJ11 wrote: July 18th, 2022, 8:57 pm
HugoTroop wrote: July 18th, 2022, 6:26 pm

How does the edit source thing exactly work, I tried that but it was confusing.
For the most part, it's just text editing. The lines you see with equals signs (e.g. == Extraterrestrial Water ==) are the headers, which form the main "blocks" of a page. When a word or phrase is in double brackets (e.g. [[Solar System]]) it is a link to another page within the Wiki (there's variations and details but this is just the basic information). To get bold text, you use three backticks (```) on each side of the phrase you want bolded—do not confuse these with apostrophes, which do not work! Italics are achieved by using two backticks (``), and bold italicized text through five (`````).

Those should be the very basics of text editing. Before you finalize your edits, click the "Preview" button and it will show you what your edits will look like, helping you catch if you miss some formatting issues. If you need to add images, tables, math symbols, or if anything just doesn't make sense, you can also read through https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Help:Editing for more information.
These users thanked the author kleinerPanzer for the post:
D39IJ11 (July 19th, 2022, 12:05 pm)

Return to “Feedback”