Dynamic Planet B/C

Jehosaphat
Division: Grad
State: MI
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Post by Jehosaphat »

No I doubt it. Soinc has been including many water events, and has been a bit overbearing when it comes to climate change and pollution, but Dynamic Planet has generally been over more earth processes than water movement. The COVID replay messed the rotations up so its a bit more unpredictable now, but I don't think Dynamic Planet will become another water quality event
These users thanked the author Jehosaphat for the post:
aakoala (March 29th, 2022, 9:35 am)
Waiting for the return of Ecology all by myself
HHS '22
Hope '26
knottingpurple
Division: Grad
State: NJ

Post by knottingpurple »

aakoala wrote: March 29th, 2022, 8:54 am Do you guys think that soinc is turning this event into a water-only event? Looking at past event rotations, you can see that from 2005 to 2012, the topics glaciers, oceanography, earthquakes & volcanoes, and freshwater have all been used. However, in the past 4 years starting in 2019, it looks like the earthquakes & volcanoes rotation has been skipped. If soinc is planning on turning this event into water-only, might it be because we already have Fossils/Rocks and Minerals for a geology rotation? Or do the past event rotations mean nothing and I'm just trying to look for patterns that aren't there?
The Earthquakes and Volcanoes rotation doesn't look like it's been skipped, just replaced by Tectonics, and Fresh Water left out of one of the rotations. Starting from the 2011/2012 Fresh Water, we had Glaciers, Oceanography, Tectonics, Glaciers, Oceanography, without another Fresh Water. I think they added Fresh Water back into the rotation in a different place after skipping it, but if they haven't changed the rotation in any other way, we would expect Tectonics to be the next topic that comes back after Fresh Water. So definitely, if next time the topic changes it doesn't go to Tectonics that might mean they're removing it, but until then there's no reason to assume they are.
These users thanked the author knottingpurple for the post:
aakoala (March 29th, 2022, 9:54 am)
WWP South, graduated 2018
Current undegrad in physics @Oxford University
fernanda036
Division: C
State: ND
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by fernanda036 »

What are some important topics about the process of earth?
Mich
Division: B
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Mich »

To aakoala:
Honestly, the topics have been a bit unpredictable. Up until 2019, DP has been rotating topics between: Glaciers, Oceanography, Earthquakes and Volcanoes, and Freshwater. All except when they switched earthquakes with tectonics. But then they decided to only do one year of glaciers and skip tectonics. At this point, it is not set what next year's topic is. But you bring up a good point - that it could possibly change to a hydrology event since there are other geo events. You'll have to wait a couple more months to find out
D39IJ11
Division: B
State: CA

Post by D39IJ11 »

aakoala wrote: March 29th, 2022, 8:54 am Do you guys think that soinc is turning this event into a water-only event? Looking at past event rotations, you can see that from 2005 to 2012, the topics glaciers, oceanography, earthquakes & volcanoes, and freshwater have all been used. However, in the past 4 years starting in 2019, it looks like the earthquakes & volcanoes rotation has been skipped. If soinc is planning on turning this event into water-only, might it be because we already have Fossils/Rocks and Minerals for a geology rotation? Or do the past event rotations mean nothing and I'm just trying to look for patterns that aren't there?
Yes, I feel you. I came to dynamic planet thinking it would be some geology topic.
Design 39 Campus student
7th grader
Space science is the best!
D39IJ11's Userpage

Return to “2022 Study Events”