lucidsweven
Division: C
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Achievement List

Post by lucidsweven »

MEGA-CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: 6th in GG despite not being prepared.
SPEED REDO ACHIEVEMENT: Having to finish the last station’s questions after switching in Meteorology.
FLYING SOLO ACHIEVEMENT: my first year of SO I didn’t know about cheat sheets until the day of regionals. Let’s just say my study events didn’t go well.
O2 ACHIEVEMENT & HOST ACHIEVEMENT: My partner for two events got two medals despite me doing most of the work.
ANTI-AESTHETICS ACHIEVEMENT: My ELG & WS Plane was just a wooden plane, but it got us 4th place once.
ANTI-STOIC ACHIEVEMENT: Pure adrenaline floods me and I’m sprinting to the stage to get my medal.
WARM SHOULDER: Paired with a girl I wasn’t fond of, but we bonded by the end of the year and now we’re school friends.
NICE ANTI-STOIC: I’m always the person screaming and cheering for people, and I’d hold everyone’s hand when they’re listing the ranks. I try to entertain everyone around me while we wait for the start of the awards ceremony.
FLASHY FAILURE ACHIEVEMENT: My Boomilever breaking after two scoops of sand. I have no clue what emotion the EG felt in that moment.
Medal Count: 6

2021-22 Events:
TBA
jimmy-bond
Division: Grad
State: OH
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by jimmy-bond »

Now that I have more than enough time to go list all of them...
**'''ACCESS DENIED ACHIEVEMENT: When we went to regionals without the other top teams. The announcer probably got tired of us.
*'''Anti-Stoic Achievement: Every state competition except for the last two years
*'''At Least You Showed Up Achievement: In Chem Lab, myself, a ghost partner, and another ghost partner were paired up. We answered 1 question and left in 5 minutes.
*'''BEAT THE CURVE ACHIEVEMENT: Dynamic Planet and Microbe Mission at Mesa Robles were something else
*'''BIOHAZARD ACHIEVEMENT: If I don't have the cold or the flu or food poisoning on the day of competition, is it truly a competition?
*'''BLIND STAB ACHIEVEMENT: Neuston
*'''Cold Shoulder Achievement: You didn't like your teammate, so you gave them silent treatment and changed whatever they thought the answer was, even if it was right
*'''Early Bird Achievement: Microbe Mission... That event was great
*'''FLASHY FAILURE ACHIEVEMENT: Watching my tower slowly turn after the supervisor recorded the max weight got a good chuckle
*'''GROWTH MINDSET ACHIEVEMENT: Let's just say not studying for fast facts the first time around wasn't the smartest idea... I made up for it thankfully
*'''HOST ACHIEVEMENT: Too many times to count
*'''INVITATIONALS RELATIONS ACHIEVEMENT: Too many to count
*'''IT WAS THAT EASY? Achievement: The cheatsheet for Disease Detectives becomes a distant memory during an easy test
*'''International Relations Achievement: Too many to count.
*'''Late Bloomer Achievement: I mentioned my sprint to Water Quality earlier
*'''MULTIPLE GUESS ACHIEVEMENT: I mean... who hasn't done this?
*''''MURICA ACHIEVEMENT: States back in 2018 was fun
*'''NATIONAL RELATIONS ACHIEVEMENT: Kinda have to if you share a homeroom with another team
*'''Nice Anti-Stoic Achievement: I support everyone because I'd want the same in return
*'''Night Owl Achievement: Oh yes, I never leave Dynamic Planet early
*'''PARASITE ACHIEVEMENT: Boomilever is great
*'''PLAYER DOWN ACHIEVEMENT: Caught a football wrong and a finger on my writing hand started swelling.
*'''POPULARITY AWARD: Consistently 3 invites a year!
*'''POTATO ACHIEVEMENT: Oh man Towers was not my jam
*'''Plato Achievement: Same as nice anti-stoic
*'''RAINBOW AWARD: Getting 1-3 isn't too difficult in Hawaii.
*'''SPEEDWRITE ACHIEVEMENT: I did an entire test in 20 minutes so I'd consider it as this
*'''STATES RELATIONS ACHIEVEMENT: The people from our rival school aren't so bad.
*'''STUDY EVENT PARASITISM ACHIEVEMENT: Before I felt like studying, this was my go-to.
*'''Scioly Guy Achievement: Well I'm here, aren't I?
*'''Sea Cucumber Achievement: I'm gonna assume that the sand I tasted after Towers wasn't broken down and therefore was excreted
*'''Slay Achievement: I will count the time I did one event at regionals and got first.
*'''Stoic Achievement: I was straight-faced when my team won states last year. The parents who recorded commented on it the next time I saw them.
*'''Symbiotic Relationship Achievement: I did all the dirty work which paid off in the end, so I'd consider it.
*'''Team Relations Achievement: Is there anyone who doesn't?
*'''The Generous Donor Achievement: A dude from my school didn't have a salinometer so I let him use my spare
*'''ULTRA-CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: Paper airplane was fun. I flat-out didn't try for periodic table quiz and environmental chemistry, so do those count?
*'''UN-STREET SMART ACHIEVEMENT: CSU is enormous, to be fair
*'''Virtuoso Achievement: Way too many times
PCHS, HI '21 | CWRU, OH '25
Code(16), DD(40), FQ(39),4&6(36), WQ(27)
CriB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)
CriB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)
sneepity
State: NY

Post by sneepity »

samlan16 wrote: March 5th, 2015, 2:04 pm POPULARITY AWARD: Go to more than one invitational in one year

Honestly, who doesn't?
*sobs uncontrollably*
some schools sure don't even go to one..if we have scio..
These users thanked the author sneepity for the post:
LittleMissNyan (September 23rd, 2020, 12:00 pm)
B)
Efesa
Division: B
State: CA

Post by Efesa »

SPEED REDO ACHIEVEMENT: Accidentally skip a question/station on your answer sheet, so you end up having to redo everything after it Skipped a station in fossils, still got fourth
BEAT THE CURVE ACHIEVEMENT: Know that you did horribly in an event, but still medal, probably because no one else knew what they were doing either
See above.
HOST ACHIEVEMENT: Win an event with a completely useless partner
Did this almost constantly in Meteo
STUDY EVENT PARASITISM ACHIEVEMENT: Use a binder/notes/cheat sheet made by a previous team member instead of your own
Did this in fossils
Last edited by Efesa on September 23rd, 2020, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tryout Events (by order of skill):

Meteorology
Road Scholar
Fossils
Disease Detectives
Anatomy and Physiology
scuffed
State: CA
Has thanked: 0

Post by scuffed »

NATS ALT ACHIEVEMENT: Get to go to nationals as an alternate/trial event competitor because the main team won states.
THE BIRDS AND THE BEES ACHIEVEMENT: Compete in both Ornithology and Entomology at some point, does not have to be same season.
SOLO ACHIEVEMENT: Win an event without any partner.
ONE DAY STUDY ACHIEVEMENT: Win an event after studying it for a day (very low chance).
SPEEDRUN ACHIEVEMENT: Be the first to complete an event test and walk out of the room (remember to wear dank sunglasses while walking out).
LATE TO EVENT ACHIEVEMENT: Arrive late to an event and get denied from taking the test.
SNIFF ACHIEVEMENT: *Accidently* inhale a powder from Crime Busters, Can't Judge a Powder, and/or Forensics at least once.
"When life gives you melons, you're dyslexic"

scuffed's Userpage

Kraemer Middle School 2018-2019
Troy High School 2020

2018: Crime Busters, Potions and Poisons, Mystery Architecture, Write It Do It
2019: Crime Busters, Food Science
2020: Fossils, Water Quality
pumptato-cat
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by pumptato-cat »

SPEED REDO ACHIEVEMENT: did this on A&P at states and bombed it.. not even top 20 lmaoo
*Bonus points if you medaled; extra bonus points if you got gold!
EULER ACHIEVEMENT: does code count? :( my partner hogged half the test AND the calculator, spent 30 mins on an Affine, and then we failed
GUESTIMATION ACHIEVEMENT: Me and my partner eyeballed EVERYTHING for MTV and still placed top 5 at states
REVERSE ENGINEERING ACHIEVEMENT: bridge cuz i didn't know what i was doing
*Bonus points if you medaled; extra bonus points if you got gold!

BEAT THE CURVE ACHIEVEMENT: ANATOMY. OH GOD. UH RAW SCORE 20% :) bronze at regs dont ask me how cuz idk
MULTIPLE GUESS ACHIEVEMENT: 20% of my anatomy test:

HOST ACHIEVEMENT: 5 of my events in 2022

UNCONTESTED ACHIEVEMENT: code div b- raw score at regionals(the reason why this is so low is bc my teammates were bad) 5600, 2nd place was ~2500
UN-STREET SMART ACHIEVEMENT: uh anatomy at states 💀

ANTI-AESTHETICS ACHIEVEMENT: my mtv device was ugly af in 2021. i'd send a picture but you'd need eye bleach after, so here's a description: held together by gorilla wood glue(when this dries it swells up to like 5x size and turns yellow), soaked in corn oil for ball bearing lube, so half the balsa(don't ask. i was stupid in 2021 and i'm still stupid) was dark and the other was light, duct tape held the drive arm together, cd wheels with the ugliest balloons ever, a balloon shoved in axle hole to make the car run somewhat straight, axles had gunk in them and the space between the frame and the wheels was horrifying, 3-4 zip ties in random places because why not, and in sharpie on the side: "VICTOR THE RAINBOW JR V"
P.S. top 10 in mtv states ;) upper half too lol
i'm sorry in advance. what a horrible day to be literate. if you want that image ^ scrubbed out of your brain eye bleach™ is very effective
anything'll fly if you throw it hard enough
onshape
State: VA
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Post by onshape »

CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: forensics this year, and we got 17th
SPEEDWRITE ACHIEVEMENT: seems like a pretty easy one to knock out, because we did this for forestry out of this thing called "process of elimination" and got 2nd
NEWTON-LEIBNIZ ACHIEVEMENT: sort of, some hardy weinberg stuff on green generation and we got it right
REVERSE ENGINEERING ACHIEVEMENT: who doesn't do that (bridge)
MULTIPLE GUESS ACHIEVEMENT: obviously yes, because there are AT LEAST 10 times on every test you need to do this. Don't lie to me, it happens to everyone.
AESTHETICS ACHIEVEMENT: imo amazing looking tier 2 bridge

will probably have a LOT more later, since this is my first year
"I know two kinds of audiences only - one coughing, and one not coughing." -Artur Schnabel
"In the beginning was rhythm." -Hans von Bulow
"The art of music entombed a rich possession, but even far fairer hopes." -Franz Grillparzer
randomdogonapc

Post by randomdogonapc »

MEGA-CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: My first invite for Codebusters
SPEEDWRITE ACHIEVEMENT: Codebusters questions are janky don’t judge me
REVERSE ENGINEERING ACHIEVEMENT: My second plane for Flight
BEAT THE CURVE ACHIEVEMENT: I placed 14th out of 36 teams in Flight with a one second time because the other teams didn’t bring planes lol
HOST ACHIEVEMENT: My teammate hasn’t shown up to a single gym session for Flight :|
PARASITE ACHIEVEMENT: Listen… I wouldn’t wish Can’t Judge A Powder upon my worst enemy
UN-STREET SMART ACHIEVEMENT: Okay, that school was arranged more confusingly than Daedalus’s labyrinth
POWER COUPLE AWARD: Married to the grind… yeah…
just a random dog on a pc
pumptato-cat
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by pumptato-cat »

randomdogonapc wrote: March 11th, 2023, 3:15 pm HOST ACHIEVEMENT: My teammate hasn’t shown up to a single gym session for Flight :|
You might be better off that way... The only time my teammate showed up, she broke my plane :[
I mean how would you even work together on Flight, though? It's easier to fly solo from what I've seen.
anything'll fly if you throw it hard enough
randomdogonapc

Post by randomdogonapc »

pumptato-cat wrote: March 11th, 2023, 6:28 pm
randomdogonapc wrote: March 11th, 2023, 3:15 pm HOST ACHIEVEMENT: My teammate hasn’t shown up to a single gym session for Flight :|
You might be better off that way... The only time my teammate showed up, she broke my plane :[
I mean how would you even work together on Flight, though? It's easier to fly solo from what I've seen.
Our school doesn’t let us bring a table because gym time is pretty crowded, so winding solo is a pain.
just a random dog on a pc

Return to “General Chat”