bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Post by bernard »

"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
Kristah7+
Division: B
State: CA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Post by Kristah7+ »

Can anyone confirm the categories. The video by Phil Lou says digestive/ respiratory and immune systems but this forum and the Olympiad site says neuro/ endocrine and sense organs.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA

Post by bernard »

Kristah7+ wrote: October 12th, 2022, 4:02 pm Can anyone confirm the categories. The video by Phil Lou says digestive/ respiratory and immune systems but this forum and the Olympiad site says neuro/ endocrine and sense organs.
The systems are respiratory, digestive, and immune.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
gbarton
State: KS

Post by gbarton »

The event rules say "Each team may bring one 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper, which may be in a sheet
protector sealed by tape or laminated, that may contain information on both sides in any form and from
any source without any annotations or labels affixed along with two stand-alone non-programmable, nongraphing calculators."

What does "without any annotations" mean?
OofPirate
Division: C
State: CA

Post by OofPirate »

Does anyone have a general document (like a pdf or google doc) with outlines on every single Anatomy/Physiology subject? I am composing one right now and I'm not really sure about how much detail is needed (like for Respiratory; would we have to note the mass or area of gas exchange of a lung?)
KingDelphinus
State: NJ

Post by KingDelphinus »

You could look at tests in the test exchange to decide what level of detail is needed for your note document.
2022 events: Mousetrap Vehicle 1st place state
2023 events: Bridge 1st place regionals
pumptato-cat
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by pumptato-cat »

I have limited experience with this event so don't quote me on this but:
This definitely depends on the test writer, but for the two anatomy tests I have taken, they like to focus more on conceptual questions that ask you to apply the information you know to situations in real life. I would take KingDelphinius' advice and look at past tests, but again it depends heavily on the test writer. For example, the regionals test I took was entirely composed of situations, and it was heavily based on applying concepts and information learned to analyze situations. The states test, however, focused more on labelling diagrams, identifying structures, and that sort of thing. I definitely don't think mass/area of gas exchange of a lung is needed, though.
anything'll fly if you throw it hard enough
emolemu
State: MS

Post by emolemu »

Does anyone have any good resources for the Immune System?
happy-the-puppy
State: GA

Post by happy-the-puppy »

The without annotations most likely means that you cannot write anything on the cheat sheet (unless you hand-write the whole thing)
edit: it means no attached labels or notes that increase the surface area of the doc but it is generally better to have a completely printed one
Last edited by happy-the-puppy on April 17th, 2023, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “2023 Study Events”