Pleiades
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: AL
Has thanked: 0

Re: Massachusetts 2009

Post by Pleiades »

redreading249 wrote:Galvin did great on Wright Stuff... do you know the time the regular team got?
OH SHUT UP!!! :lol: :lol: I'm assuming you watched it? For those who wernt there, the plane broke on the ride there [got attacked by the scrambler i think] so I was doing repairs the whole morning and it added a ton of weight. I had to use a different wing which set the CoG way back because the wing was tiny compared to the one i was used to. The only way to get the CoG back up front was to add a lot of clay which added a lot of weight. After all that clay and glue the plane weighed too much to go up. I was very disappointed because the plane did really well during practices.
croman74
Division: C
State: MI
Been thanked: 0

Post by croman74 »

At my regionals I saw a plane get stuck in a basketball hoop. It just kinda hung there. I guess since it never touched the ground it had a really long time! :lol: I don't know if they got it down or not, I had to go to pentathlon.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson
redreading249
Division: B
State: MA

Post by redreading249 »

Ooh.. Sorry plaetis I was thinking of the wrong school :-/ I thought Galvin was in the green t shirts cause who ever they were had a really good plane... SORRY!!!!!!!!
A.W. Coolidge Middle School ~ MA Science Olympiad 2010
Nationals 2010
Fossils - 20th
Wright Stuff - 25th
Write It Do It - 2nd
Overall - 16th

Fossils - 1st @ States
Wright Stuff - 2nd @ States
Write It Do It - 1st @ States
redreading249

Post by redreading249 »

bumping MA up :]
Nationals 2010
Fossils - 20th
Wright Stuff - 25th
Write It Do It - 2nd
Overall - 16th

Fossils - 1st @ States
Pleiades
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Pleiades »

it's ok :D I think Curtis may have had green shirts.. at least i think they did last year. I believe their regular team got first place in WS but i'm not quite sure because my coach wont let us see the score sheet :x
redreading249

Post by redreading249 »

lol... i don't think anyone has asked for us...
I'm so happy i have a trial event!
Microbe Mission!!!!!!!
Nationals 2010
Fossils - 20th
Wright Stuff - 25th
Write It Do It - 2nd
Overall - 16th

Fossils - 1st @ States
tmanneo

Post by tmanneo »

Hello everybody. I am going to be the co-president of a new science olympiad team starting up in Mass! It's going to be C division and it's going to be hailing from the city of Quincy! For those of you who don't know, we're about 8 miles from Boston, or about a 15 minute T-ride. So, anyone have any advice or any suggestions for a new team that's going to be starting up?
North Quincy High 2011: 8th overall

Anatomy: 9th
Remote Sensing: 4th
aquariusx3

Post by aquariusx3 »

I'm moving to Massachusetts this summer and though I will miss my team in New York I am excited about joining a new one! My goal is to get them to nationals so I can see my old friends, lol. :]
Gelinas Science Olympiad - alternate - 11th at Nationals - 2009
Lexington NBSO - 3rd at States; 4th place Forensics, 19th place Chem Lab - 2010
Lexington NBSO - 4th at States; 4th place Forensics, 6th place Ornithology, 6th place Dynamic Planet - 2011

LexNBSO 2012: bring it on.
Pleiades
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Pleiades »

tmanneo wrote:Hello everybody. I am going to be the co-president of a new science olympiad team starting up in Mass! It's going to be C division and it's going to be hailing from the city of Quincy! For those of you who don't know, we're about 8 miles from Boston, or about a 15 minute T-ride. So, anyone have any advice or any suggestions for a new team that's going to be starting up?
Good to see some new teams. Division C is growing to the point where regionals might be necessary. First of all, make sure you have funding. It isn't completely necessary but if you want to be competitive, you'll need the money for some of the building events. Also, I think it helps to have a lot of people interested in it. It's better to have 20 people competing for the 15 spots than have 15 people automatically make the team because there is no one else interested. If people are competing for spots, then they might practice more than they normally would. [this isnt always the case] Don't be discouraged if the team doesn't perform as well as you wish the first year, it takes time. Best of luck to your team!
aquariusx3 wrote:I'm moving to Massachusetts this summer and though I will miss my team in New York I am excited about joining a new one! My goal is to get them to nationals so I can see my old friends, lol. :]
nice!! Do you know what town yet?
aquariusx3

Post by aquariusx3 »

nice!! Do you know what town yet?
lexington, they were really close this year and i wanted them to go to nationals because my school in new york is, but no such luck :[
Gelinas Science Olympiad - alternate - 11th at Nationals - 2009
Lexington NBSO - 3rd at States; 4th place Forensics, 19th place Chem Lab - 2010
Lexington NBSO - 4th at States; 4th place Forensics, 6th place Ornithology, 6th place Dynamic Planet - 2011

LexNBSO 2012: bring it on.

Return to “2009 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”