Instructional Video from NFFS - How to rebuild a wing to fit in a rules compliant box (plus box trimming)

bjt4888
Division: C
State: MI
Has thanked: 0

Instructional Video from NFFS - How to rebuild a wing to fit in a rules compliant box (plus box trimming)

Post by bjt4888 »

Flight Competitors

Here is an instructional video, provided by the National Free Flight Society, that shows how to cut down an already constructed wing so that it fits into a box that meeting the dimension requirements in the rules. The video shows cutting 3/8" off the Freedom Flight kit wing. This amount of span reduction allows the wing to be about 3/16" below the upper edge of a box that is 5 mm undersized in all dimensions.

https://youtu.be/ce36SckrAHc

Also shows how to trim a box vertical dimension to true it up and shows how to tape a box together accurately.

Coach Chuck already posted this in the primary thread, I am posting again under its own subject for additional visibility as I have seen at the Invitationals that I have ES'ed a lot of slightly oversize airplanes and boxes.

FYI - I would strongly recommend that you build boxes a few mm undersized in all dimensions and check all sides in multiple locations to be sure that "bulges and inaccuracies" don't result in oversize.

Enjoy.

Brian T

Return to “Flight B/C”