jodidavis
Division: B
State: NC
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Scale for weighing bucket of sand

Post by jodidavis »

Who has recommendations for an accurate scale for weighing the sand bucket to 0.1 kg? We have struggled to find something that is consistent. Thanks!
knightmoves

Re: Scale for weighing bucket of sand

Post by knightmoves »

jodidavis wrote: March 14th, 2023, 5:42 am Who has recommendations for an accurate scale for weighing the sand bucket to 0.1 kg? We have struggled to find something that is consistent. Thanks!
Any digital scale with a range of 20 kg or so should be fine. A quick look at amazon finds a lot of scales with 33 lb range, which isn't quite enough. I'd try something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Amiloe-Digital-S ... B08CVSZ3KM or this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09J7TLDQX

If you're using a scale with a max range of 20-30 kg, and getting inconsistent results, then the first thing I'd check would be that you were actually placing the bucket entirely on the weighing surface, and not accidentally resting some of the weight on the structure of the scale. Don't use a scale built to weigh humans (well, I suppose one built for baby humans might be OK...)
jgrischow1
Division: B
State: OH
Has thanked: 0

Re: Scale for weighing bucket of sand

Post by jgrischow1 »

jodidavis wrote: March 14th, 2023, 5:42 am Who has recommendations for an accurate scale for weighing the sand bucket to 0.1 kg? We have struggled to find something that is consistent. Thanks!
I would say you need a scale more precise than that...get one with a resolution of 1 or 2 grams, not 100 grams. Plenty of options on amazon in the $20-40 range like those the previous poster mentioned.

Return to “Bridge B/C”