2010 National Tournament: University of Illinois

Helix_Nebula_Freak
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2010 National Tournament: University of Illinois

Post by Helix_Nebula_Freak »

I think it's a better place for the NSO... I mean, it's hard to concentrate on your events when you're sweating your brains out in the humid Georgian air... Just kidding :mrgreen:

I dont really care where NSO is. It's the fact that a bunch of geeky and/or nerdy Science Olympians like me can gather for something like this that really touches me...

The only thing about Illinois for me personally is jetlag. I'm not complaining, because Ik how hard it must have been for all you west coast natives, not to mention Hawaii and Alaska, to come to Georgia. Just a minor inconvienice...
2010 Events: Shock Value: 1st in Region, 2nd in State Experimental Design: 2nd in State Pentatholon: 3rd in State Solar System: 2nd in Region

“The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity.” ~Rollo May
Dark Sabre
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: KY

Post by Dark Sabre »

starpug wrote:
Dark Sabre wrote:It is a great campus...good venue. The 2005 tournament there was nice.

Plus it is less than a 4 hour drive for me :D
You gonna be there DS?
I'll probably try to assist on one of the building events. Even if that doesn't happen, I'd do a 4-hour drive to be there any take pics/meet e-famous people.
croman74
State: MI

Post by croman74 »

Dark Sabre wrote:It is a great campus...good venue. The 2005 tournament there was nice.

Plus it is less than a 4 hour drive for me :D
That's another good thing. It's a nice central location. The west coast this year had quite a ways to travel. Illinois is a little closer to the west.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson
Phenylethylamine
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MA

Post by Phenylethylamine »

Helix_Nebula_Freak wrote:I think it's a better place for the NSO... I mean, it's hard to concentrate on your events when you're sweating your brains out in the humid Georgian air... Just kidding :mrgreen:

I dont really care where NSO is. It's the fact that a bunch of geeky and/or nerdy Science Olympians like me can gather for something like this that really touches me...

The only thing about Illinois for me personally is jetlag. I'm not complaining, because Ik how hard it must have been for all you west coast natives, not to mention Hawaii and Alaska, to come to Georgia. Just a minor inconvienice...
*Raises eyebrows* It's only a one hour time difference from PA to IL, unless I'm mistaken... Jetlag shouldn't really be an issue.
Protein Modeling Event Supervisor 2015
MA State Science Olympiad Tournament
MIT Invitational Tournament
--
Ward Melville High School Science Olympiad 2010-2012
Paul J Gelinas JHS Science Olympiad 2007-2009
fmtiger124
State: NY

Post by fmtiger124 »

Phenylethylamine wrote:
Helix_Nebula_Freak wrote:I think it's a better place for the NSO... I mean, it's hard to concentrate on your events when you're sweating your brains out in the humid Georgian air... Just kidding :mrgreen:

*Raises eyebrows* It's only a one hour time difference from PA to IL, unless I'm mistaken... Jetlag shouldn't really be an issue.
i bleieve your correct i went to Wisconsin once there was a little lag but i think that was because planes really tire me out
soobsession

Post by soobsession »

hmm...is the food there good? (sry, but im quite concerned about food...im been to colleges where it was just plain...bleh. ;) )

-shrug- as long as its far away from home, i get to meet science geeks :geek: :ugeek: , and all goes well, im fine. i mean...one hr. difference isnt that much...and the plane ride shouldnt be that long. as long as its not terribly hot/cold, im good. :D

"Do or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

starpug
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: ME

Post by starpug »

Can't wait till 2012, that year Nats is in Orlando :mrgreen: :D. If I go it will be pretty awesome, the team will have to go on sunday and spend the week there enjoying the attractions. :P
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly »

Ehh, Illinois is awesome but Northwestern University is an awesomer place then U of I.

Unfortunately, it's probably too small for a national tournament. :cry:
croman74
State: MI

Post by croman74 »

starpug wrote:Can't wait till 2012, that year Nats is in Orlando :mrgreen: :D. If I go it will be pretty awesome, the team will have to go on sunday and spend the week there enjoying the attractions. :P
I know, that would be sweet!
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson
gyourkoshaven
State: PA

Post by gyourkoshaven »

You can't complain of jetlag, since you're probably flying out of Pittsburgh. We would probably drive if we made it, and were 6 hours further away.
Strath Haven MS:
2008: Regionals-3, States-5
2009: Regionals-2, States-4
2010: Regionals-1, States-2, Nationals-19 :)
2011 (Co-captain): Regionals-1, States-1, Nationals-11 :D

Nationals: Aquifers-37, Compute This-13, Dynamic Planet-25, Ecology-6, Experimental Design-7, Junkyard-33

Moving to C...

Return to “2009 Nationals”