The game

A forum for those Word Games that plague the Earth.
cooltiger
Division: B
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The game

Post by cooltiger »

This really isn't a posting game, but it is a game, the best part is you play it in real life, not just on the fourms. If you already know what the game is you are either laughing or you are really mad at me. And if you don't know what the game is, you are really confused, so let me to explain.

Rules:
1. You are now playing the game for the rest of your life.
2. If you think about the game, you lose.
3. If you lose the game, then you say "I lost the game" (or if you are the fourms you can post "I lost the game")
*4. If you lose the game, you have to wait a half an hour to play again.
*5. If sombody asks about the game, you have to tell them.
*6. Tell everyone you can about the game.

*These rules are unoffical and don't have to be used, but some people play by these rules, don't be suprised if you see these used.

You may not fully understand the game yet, so lets break it down:

Game Play
The first thing a new player needs to know is that when someone loses The Game (i.e. when someone thinks about The Game), game play temporarily stops for that person and for those around that person (since he must announce his game-loss aloud). The Game then restarts on a person-by-person basis when each person stops thinking about The Game. The Game never actually ends permanently.

No One Wins!
No one can ever technically win The Game. It could be argued that when one is not losing The Game (i.e. when someone is not thinking about The Game), they are winning The Game, but it still holds true that no one can ever definitively win The Game. You probably still don't understand The Game and how to play, so consider the example below.

Example
You have just learned the rules of The Game and how to play. Because you now know this, you are playing The Game, and will be playing The Game for the rest of your life. At this moment in time you are thinking about The Game, so you are losing The Game. Let's say you leave this site, start doing something else, and The Game leaves your mind. But then you start thinking about this site again and therefore you start thinking about The Game... that's a loss of The Game! Keep in mind that it doesn't matter what makes you think of The Game. Usually it is something completely random and unrelated to The Game that all of a sudden reminds you of The Game. This is what makes it so interesting and fun! If you have a game-loss story you'd like to share, do so in the stories section!

The Bottom Line
Any time you aren't thinking about The Game and then start thinking about The Game, you lose The Game. It's that simple.

Now that you know about the game, you may be wondering what to do now, well tell your friends, family, enemies! You will have lots of great times with the games. Here are a few stories from some game fan sites.

"So a few years ago when i attended a jr high school and my borther attended a high school, my Oldest brother told us about the game......long story short my bother and i spread it around and got 5 schools total of about 100,000 students playing. now, years later, i return to high school to visit...... i walked into the band room and written on the white board it beautiful letters was I LOST THE GAME. i was verrrrrry proud at that moment... and then i lost.... sad..."

"I was riding down from the LA area and my friend had picked up my brother(who had tought me the game...i just lost the game.) when suddenly my bro yelled out from the back of the truck that he lost the game, of course I yelled at him and repeated that I had lost the game as well. my friend just looked over at us like we were crazy and so we proceeded to explain what the game was, he simply told us that we were stupid and that it was the most retarded thing he had ever heard. lo and behold an hour later my friend looks at me and says "I lost." i was like "huh" and he says "I lost the game" i cussed him out for aver five minutes because of that but i need to admit it was funny."

When you start playing the game, if you have any funny stories, feal free to tell them, we could all do with a good laugh.

Please don't spam the thread with "I lost the game" You may say it the first time you post if you wish but nobody wants a thread full of "I lost the game" If you say it, include somthing good with it, like a game story.

Oh and uhhh, I lost the game :D
Last edited by cooltiger on June 20th, 2009, 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
2010 Western LI Regionals: 1st Place@
Battery Buggy: 3rd Place
Junkyard Challenge: 4th Place
Road Scholar: 2nd Place

2010 NY State: 6th
Battery Buggy: 9
Junkyard Challenge: 5th
Road Scholar: 6th
Car of Tommorow: 11th
soobsession
Division: C

Re: The game

Post by soobsession »

>.> you just made me lose. i was doing fine (thinking about finals) when i happened on your post in the "Swine Flu" topic...it reminded me of this topic so i lost ;)

:D

"Do or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

vofbassist
Division: Grad
State: WI

Post by vofbassist »

This is already a thread. It kinda died out because everyone got sick of losing all the time.

http://scioly.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=212
cooltiger

Post by cooltiger »

Ok lets see what I can say,
The thread died so I didn't know about it, I did a search and got nothing. This one has the rules on the first page unlike that thread which is kinda unorginized. Its going to be easier to make a new one than to revive the old one. And remember, you shouldn't be just doing the game on the fourm, do it at school, with your friends. Once you get enough people on it, you can think of funny ways to spread the game. Like leaving a post it note in one of their books that says "Don't think about the game". I want to hear some funny stories.

vofbassist
State: WI

Post by vofbassist »

Oh. That makes sense. Sorry if I came across as rude. I didn't mean it to be.
cooltiger

Post by cooltiger »

Well I don't have anything better to do, so I will talk about the game at my school. I'm in middle school, it all started way back in 4th grade, one of the kids their intrucded to the whole elementry school. It died out. Then now in 6th grade, the game is making a comeback, it it will take over the whole school!

PS: I lost the game :lol:

sewforlife

Post by sewforlife »

I saw this most recent post. I lost. and I posted a quote from your instructions on my status. So I guess I've lost twice.
Nerds rule. Nerds are awesome. Nerds will someday (soon) rule the world. And you know it.

2010. Be prepared. If not, you f(l)ail!

One Team
One Dream
to REDEEM
fmtiger124
State: NY

Post by fmtiger124 »

this is dumb....

ps: i lost
sewforlife

Post by sewforlife »

fmtiger124 wrote:this is dumb....

ps: i lost
if you think it's dumb, then dont post. :|
Nerds rule. Nerds are awesome. Nerds will someday (soon) rule the world. And you know it.

2010. Be prepared. If not, you f(l)ail!

One Team
One Dream
to REDEEM
soobsession
Division: C

Post by soobsession »

gah!!! i keep losing!!! i was taking the science finals today and all of a sudden eye of the tiger pops in my head and somehow my brain connected it to this so i lost. earlier that day, i was at the bus stop and i couldnt remember a math formula and my math finals was today and said to myself "you just failed...you lost". the moment my brain registered the word "lost", i thought of this game so i lost. and now im posting on this topic so i lost again. three losses, one day :(

"Do or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

Return to “Posting Games”