Solar System

Allirog24
Division: B
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Solar System

Post by Allirog24 »

I have a really good book that has a page devoted to each of the planets and the sun, but I will look for a site right now. Okay, here.

http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/

What you do is type in the planet in the search box. I only did it for Mercury and Venus, but I am sure it has all of them. The good ones say NASA - (insert planet name here) I think. Sometimes there are more than one of those, just check out them all until you find the good one. But I just found this, it is the same thing, but a more direct link. It has all of the planets and other things.

http://www.nasa.gov/worldbook/

Hope that helps!
~Allirog
Helix_Nebula_Freak
Division: C
State: PA

Post by Helix_Nebula_Freak »

Thanks so much! This will be rlly helpful!
2010 Events: Shock Value: 1st in Region, 2nd in State Experimental Design: 2nd in State Pentatholon: 3rd in State Solar System: 2nd in Region

“The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity.” ~Rollo May
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Veil_Nebula_1504 wrote:How much reach-for-the-stars knowledge will help you in this event?
Probably not that much, there's not going to be stars or constellations or anything. They might have stellar classification of the Sun and other nearby stars, and absorption and emission spectra are a distant possibility, but other than that it's mostly planets' features, Kepler's Laws, the Kuiper Belt and Oort Cloud, etc.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
Helix_Nebula_Freak

Evidently there's supposed to be a bit abt the sun... but probably more abt sunspots and solor flares than we ever had to know abt for stars...
2010 Events: Shock Value: 1st in Region, 2nd in State Experimental Design: 2nd in State Pentatholon: 3rd in State Solar System: 2nd in Region

“The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity.” ~Rollo May
kp9ssa

Post by kp9ssa »

Also, i think u hav to no the phases of the sun. past, present, and future. wasnt that in stars
States

1st- Anatomy
4th- Dynamic Planet
2nd- Water Quality
2nd- Write it Do it

Team Overall: 1st
crabnebula143

Post by crabnebula143 »

kp9ssa wrote:Also, i think u hav to no the phases of the sun. past, present, and future. wasnt that in stars
Phases of the sun?

What are they?
Thnx. :)
BC / Harriton High School
'We say we love flowers, yet we pluck them. We say we love trees, yet we cut them down. And people still wonder why some are afraid when told they are loved.'
'Having dined on their companions, they now lie at the center of the cluster, waiting for more food to arrive.'
gyourkoshaven

Post by gyourkoshaven »

Strath Haven MS:
2008: Regionals-3, States-5
2009: Regionals-2, States-4
2010: Regionals-1, States-2, Nationals-19 :)
2011 (Co-captain): Regionals-1, States-1, Nationals-11 :D

Nationals: Aquifers-37, Compute This-13, Dynamic Planet-25, Ecology-6, Experimental Design-7, Junkyard-33

Moving to C...
crabnebula143

Post by crabnebula143 »

gyourkoshaven wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sun_Life.png The cycle of the sun.
Oh.
Ok, thanks :mrgreen:
BC / Harriton High School
'We say we love flowers, yet we pluck them. We say we love trees, yet we cut them down. And people still wonder why some are afraid when told they are loved.'
'Having dined on their companions, they now lie at the center of the cluster, waiting for more food to arrive.'
chill

Post by chill »

I need to start working on this event. It seems pretty interesting. :)
Helix_Nebula_Freak

I'm actully rlly excited. I LOVED Stars, but I think learning abt the planets and such is just as important.

How much do you guys think we will need to know about comets and meteors? I mean every event proctor different, but what do you think on average? Thanks a million! :mrgreen:

Return to “2009 Study Events”