Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Torque Meter

Post by blue cobra »

I can't print or save the dial face. What program do you need?
In full color since 2006
leetx
State: CA

Post by leetx »

baker wrote:If you make a meter, you'll need a dial face... try this..
http://www.indoornews.com/custom/utilit ... en_svg.php
This is great!
baker
Division: C

Post by baker »

blue cobra wrote:I can't print or save the dial face. What program do you need?

You need to run it in Firefox, IE doesn't support .php file. A Microsoft thing... :x
Last edited by baker on February 13th, 2010, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blue cobra
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by blue cobra »

baker wrote:
blue cobra wrote:I can't print or save the dial face. What program do you need?

You need to run it in FOXFIRE, IE doesn't support .php file. A Microsoft thing... :x
By FOXFIRE did you mean Firefox? If so, I am using Firefox, and I can see the picture, but I can't save it or print it. I suppose I could take a screen shot and then edit away the rest, or just use the small one on the new plans I'm following.
In full color since 2006
leetx
State: CA

Post by leetx »

blue cobra wrote: By FOXFIRE did you mean Firefox? If so, I am using Firefox, and I can see the picture, but I can't save it or print it. I suppose I could take a screen shot and then edit away the rest, or just use the small one on the new plans I'm following.
You don't need to save the file to .php, then print it. After displaying the desired diagram on the browser page, simply print that page using the print function of your browser. I use google chrome as the browser.
blue cobra
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by blue cobra »

leetx wrote:
blue cobra wrote: By FOXFIRE did you mean Firefox? If so, I am using Firefox, and I can see the picture, but I can't save it or print it. I suppose I could take a screen shot and then edit away the rest, or just use the small one on the new plans I'm following.
You don't need to save the file to .php, then print it. After displaying the desired diagram on the browser page, simply print that page using the print function of your browser. I use google chrome as the browser.
My computer wouldn't let me do that. But it doesn't matter anyway. I was able to get it perfectly with GIMP, but I found I prefer the dial included with Ray Harlan's plans. And why does it say in those plans (these) to use epoxy to attach your dial to the steel? Could I just use hot glue?
In full color since 2006
fleet130
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by fleet130 »

File > Print works if you want to print the picture. To save it: right-click on the image and choose from the menu. Works in most browsers. If you're on a MAC, you're on your own!

It's possible for a web page to prevent right-click from working, but very rare. If you're really dedicated you can almost always get the file out of your temporary internet files
Information expressed here is solely the opinion of the author. Any similarity to that of the management or any official instrument is purely coincidental! Doing Science Olympiad since 1987!
blue cobra
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by blue cobra »

I'm building this torque meter. Once I have it built, how do I use it? I understand winding my rubber on it, but should I clamp it somewhere, have someone hold it, or what?

By the way, I couldn't print the dial via File>Print (I just got the Windows XP error sound) and Save Picture wasn't an option in the right click menu. It doesn't matter though, because I was able to get it from a screen capture, and I decided I like the one included with the plans better anyway.
In full color since 2006
DanielleS
Division: B
State: PA

Post by DanielleS »

I saw in the rules that we do not need torque in our flight log, therefore we haven't built a torque meter.. We know that we have a lot of torque in the beginning of our flight. We are figuring out ways to decrease the torque. Would it still be useful for us to try to build a torque meter?
eta150
State: PA

Post by eta150 »

I used a torque meter last year, and it helps a lot, IF, it is built well and returns consistent measurement. It takes the guesswork out of winding, and makes it so that you can adjust to changing rubber.
#ACESWILD

Return to “Wright Stuff B”