Rocks & Minerals B/C

kate!
Division: C
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: Rocks & Minerals B/C

Post by kate! » May 1st, 2018, 6:51 pm

Pomegranate wrote:Not sure where to ask this, but does anyone remember how long you had at each station for the Nationals Rocks test Div C last year? Thanks!
Never been to nats, nor am I div C, but I do have experience with the proctor (Gary Vorwald) and his stations are typically 2 minutes long. They might be longer for nationals though, but expect somewhere in that range.
Two years ago I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems, yay!
Last year I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and more experiments, yay again!
Now I know stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils, yay for the third time!

dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by dxu46 » May 1st, 2018, 6:52 pm

kate! wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:Not sure where to ask this, but does anyone remember how long you had at each station for the Nationals Rocks test Div C last year? Thanks!
Never been to nats, nor am I div C, but I do have experience with the proctor (Gary Vorwald) and his stations are typically 2 minutes long. They might be longer for nationals though, but expect somewhere in that range.
gvorwald: Did you only write division C for last year nats?

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome » May 1st, 2018, 7:14 pm

dxu46 wrote:
kate! wrote:
gvorwald: Did you only write division C for last year nats?
He's written Div C R&M/Fossils for at least the last three years. Someone else does Div B.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

kate!
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by kate! » August 27th, 2018, 11:04 am

For the sedimentary rocks in Fossils, can we just use our notes from this event?
Two years ago I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems, yay!
Last year I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and more experiments, yay again!
Now I know stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils, yay for the third time!

dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by dxu46 » August 27th, 2018, 1:36 pm

kate! wrote:For the sedimentary rocks in Fossils, can we just use our notes from this event?
Probably, but the majority of the event is going to be fossils, so rocks will probably just be a general understanding, not in-depth like R&M.

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F » September 1st, 2018, 8:58 am

dxu46 wrote:
kate! wrote:For the sedimentary rocks in Fossils, can we just use our notes from this event?
Probably, but the majority of the event is going to be fossils, so rocks will probably just be a general understanding, not in-depth like R&M.
Probably just going to be ID if mentioned at all.

Return to “2018 Study Events”