Mission Possible C

bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA

Mission Possible C

Postby bernard » August 31st, 2017, 12:20 pm

"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

cuber
Division: C
State: NY

Re: Mission Possible C

Postby cuber » September 5th, 2017, 7:10 am

ugh. I enjoyed the simple machines version of mission possible back in div B... but this chemical reaction nonsense seems like a nightmare to deal with.

Unome
State: GA

Postby Unome » September 5th, 2017, 7:14 am

ugh. I enjoyed the simple machines version of mission possible back in div B... but this chemical reaction nonsense seems like a nightmare to deal with.
There's a reason Mission is considered difficult. However, since you have experience in Div B, I'm sure you realize that it's possible to do fairly well even with just a few tasks at many competitions.

The task list sure does look interesting.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

dragonfruit35
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: VA

Postby dragonfruit35 » September 5th, 2017, 8:40 am

There's a reason Mission is considered difficult. However, since you have experience in Div B, I'm sure you realize that it's possible to do fairly well even with just a few tasks at many competitions.

Interesting indeed. It seems a lot less open-ended than when I did it two years ago with simple machines... (@ rule 4.b.i.) Still excited, though!
(VT/FFX/Reg/States/Nats)
MV 1/1/5/-/- Mission 3/4/4/-/- Herp 7/2/4/-/-
WiFi -/-/-/4/13  Indoor Bottle Rocket -/-/-/1/- Code -/-/-/-/1
(Duke/Reg/Cornell/States/Nats)
MV 2/3/7/3/10 Mission 3/7/- Sounds 4/2/- Code 3/1/1/1/5 Herp -/-/11/1/26
[/color]
Goooooooo Colonials!!!

Unome
State: GA

Postby Unome » September 5th, 2017, 8:46 am

Interesting indeed. It seems a lot less open-ended than when I did it two years ago with simple machines... (@ rule 4.b.i.) Still excited, though!
Mission C seems to switch each rotation between task-based (2010-2011 and this year) and transfer-based (2014-2015).
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

daydreamer0023
State: -
Location: I have no idea where I am, but I can tell you exactly how fast I'm going ;)

Postby daydreamer0023 » September 5th, 2017, 8:50 am

Seems like integrated circuits, such as Mindstorms/Auduinos are allowed again? Correct me if I'm wrong - I don't see too many other ways to play "the end" when you're finished.
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale." - Marie Curie

dragonfruit35
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby dragonfruit35 » September 5th, 2017, 8:53 am

Seems like integrated circuits, such as Mindstorms/Auduinos are allowed again? Correct me if I'm wrong - I don't see too many other ways to play "the end" when you're finished.
I don't see any rules saying you're not allowed to, although I guess you could hit a play button on an mp3 player or something similar if you'd rather.
(VT/FFX/Reg/States/Nats)
[/color]
Goooooooo Colonials!!!

daydreamer0023
State: -
Location: I have no idea where I am, but I can tell you exactly how fast I'm going ;)

Postby daydreamer0023 » September 5th, 2017, 8:54 am

I don't see any rules saying you're not allowed to, although I guess you could hit a play button on an mp3 player or something similar if you'd rather.
But then again...battery size (as in voltage) has to always be taken into account. :)
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale." - Marie Curie

dragonfruit35
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby dragonfruit35 » September 5th, 2017, 9:16 am

But then again...battery size (as in voltage) has to always be taken into account. :)
True... plus the one-battery bonus ;)
(VT/FFX/Reg/States/Nats)
[/color]
Goooooooo Colonials!!!

cuber
State: NY

Postby cuber » September 5th, 2017, 10:12 am

Do you guys think it might be better to go with a box style frame with 3 walls, or a singular standing wall? or maybe just freestanding with a base? It seems like size matter less, only counting for a tiebreaker, so I am considering not making much of an effort to minimize my design.

Return to “Mission Possible C”