2018 National Tournament: Colorado State University

PikaPikaChu
Division: C
State: KS

Re: 2018 National Tournament: Colorado State University

Postby PikaPikaChu » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:17 pm

knottingpurple wrote:
JonB wrote:
Unome wrote:That plus cost, of which everything seems to be 2-3 times as expensive as last year.

It is EXTREMELY expensive to get out there. Apparently, there is an "international convention/meeting" somewhere around Denver according to a local charter bus company. But then again, maybe they were referring to the SONT.

I had an alert set on my phone for prices of flights to Colorado on those dates, telling me every time it changed for months. At no time was it cheap.

I'd never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad I live in Kansas- even though it's going to be a 9 hour bus ride there.
Last edited by PikaPikaChu on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Links: Blue Valley North High School Wiki
Follow us on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/bvnscioly/

Killboe
Division: B
State: FL

Postby Killboe » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:33 pm

PikaPikaChu wrote:
knottingpurple wrote:
JonB wrote:
It is EXTREMELY expensive to get out there. Apparently, there is an "international convention/meeting" somewhere around Denver according to a local charter bus company. But then again, maybe they were referring to the SONT.

I had an alert set on my phone for prices of flights to Colorado on those dates, telling me every time it changed for months. At no time was it cheap.

I'd never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad I live in Kansas- even though it's going to be a 9 hour bus ride there. ;)

FeelsBadMan, I'm in Florida and I'm flying.
2018 River City Science Academy
2018 Events
Disease Detectives and Battery Buggy
    2018 Results
Inv/Regionals/States/Nats
DD:1/1/3/_
BB:1/3/3/_

Vrund
State: -

Postby Vrund » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:06 am

kyleemicheller wrote:Hello Scioly!

I am a student at Fossil Ridge High School from Fort Collins Colorado, and I wanted to offer myself up to answer questions regarding CSU, its campus, and Fort Collins in general. As I have lived here my entire life, I am pretty well connected throughout the town and can give advice regarding food, lodging and things like that if you are trying to plan your trip and are finding the website difficult. I am aware that information regarding this tournament has been slow going, but I assure you that it will get better with time, and that Colorado State Science Olympiad will try to put on an incredible tournament that will be a positive experience for everyone attending.

The teams that have most often and most recently represented Colorado at nationals (My school, Fossil Ridge and my former middle school, Preston Middle School) are all from Fort Collins, Colorado and we are all very excited and confident that Colorado State University will be a great place to host this years tournament. Fort Collins is a beautiful city, and Colorado State is an awesome school (it is so good in fact, I am considering going there myself!).

At this point I am just rambling :D , but I wanted to assure you that this is going to be an awesome tournament, and if you have any questions, shoot me a personal message or just reply here and i'll do my best to answer (if i know). :)

Since you are from the area I was wondering if you had any suggestions of fun things we could do around there?

CMS AC
Division: B
State: NJ

Postby CMS AC » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:05 am

Any updates on Wright stuff/helicopter gym sizes?

Return to “Nationals”