Those moments you will never forget!

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
JoeyC
Division: Grad
State: TX

Re: Those moments you will never forget!

Post by JoeyC »

Same Benny
GurtYo
Division: B
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by GurtYo »

When my partner and I literally didn't answer half the questions on the Herpetology test and we got second :/
I don't know what everyone else was doing, but I'll take it!
“Life is short.
Smile while you still have teeth.”

― Mallory Hopkins
raytay
State: TN
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Post by raytay »

At my first (and only so far) state competition, I was thrown on Dynamic Planet at the literal last millisecond so my partner was doing all the work while I tried to find answers and we got sixth. (sadly, the medals still haven't come in :?: )

Also my Water Quality partner tasted the water at both regionals and state and almost got sick from it.
Hello! I’m Oliver!
✨holy cow i’m a college student ✨
Chin up! You are loved <3
PM2017
State: CA

Post by PM2017 »

raytay wrote: November 6th, 2019, 9:48 am At my first (and only so far) state competition, I was thrown on Dynamic Planet at the literal last millisecond so my partner was doing all the work while I tried to find answers and we got sixth. (sadly, the medals still haven't come in :?: )

Also my Water Quality partner tasted the water at both regionals and state and almost got sick from it.
How does one almost get sick?
West High '19
UC Berkeley '23

Go Bears!
raytay
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Post by raytay »

PM2017 wrote: November 6th, 2019, 10:57 am
raytay wrote: November 6th, 2019, 9:48 am At my first (and only so far) state competition, I was thrown on Dynamic Planet at the literal last millisecond so my partner was doing all the work while I tried to find answers and we got sixth. (sadly, the medals still haven't come in :?: )

How does one almost get sick?
I honestly don't even know. I mean, yes if you add soap to water that is 2 parts salt and one part water, that will make you sick. (Yet another long story)
Hello! I’m Oliver!
✨holy cow i’m a college student ✨
Chin up! You are loved <3
Things2do
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Things2do »

I was about to ask just how many states have yet to send out the 5th and 6th place medals, then I realized where you were. I'm sorta wondering if Tennessee's just gonna gyp us to save some money and just use 'em next year...
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
nateDC
Division: C
State: MD

Post by nateDC »

Things2do wrote: November 10th, 2019, 8:39 am

I was about to ask just how many states have yet to send out the 5th and 6th place medals, then I realized where you were. I'm sorta wondering if Tennessee's just gonna gyp us to save some money and just use 'em next year...
That would actually be hilarious.
I can't think of anything else to put here, so I just wrote this...
Things2do

Post by Things2do »

nateDC wrote: November 11th, 2019, 3:11 pm
Things2do wrote: November 10th, 2019, 8:39 am

That would actually be hilarious.
Except for us not getting the 5th and 6th place medals, yeah, that would be sorta funny. If I hadn't overcorrected my car for the second run, I'd have one of those medals now... It wouldn't be as bad if I didn't know for sure that I would've had 4th or better.
A friend of mine said I would never forgive myself for that mistake, and I'm starting to think he was right...
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
NewSciolyer
State: MD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by NewSciolyer »

Last year when we didn't study for Crime Busters and there were two solids and we were pretty sure at the time one was sugar and one was salt and needed to identify it, but we didn't know how. My partner did the most logical thing: he put some of it in his mouth and immediately started gagging and saying, "It's salt, it's salt."
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

NewSciolyer wrote: December 14th, 2019, 4:08 pm Last year when we didn't study for Crime Busters and there were two solids and we were pretty sure at the time one was sugar and one was salt and needed to identify it, but we didn't know how. My partner did the most logical thing: he put some of it in his mouth and immediately started gagging and saying, "It's salt, it's salt."
What if the white powder was poisonous :?:
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23

Return to “General Chat”