SciOly Assassination 122: The Most Magical Place On Earth (Not)

A forum for those Word Games that plague the earth
linzhiyan
Division: C
State: MO

Re: SciOly Assassination 122: The Most Magical Place On Earth (Not)

Postby linzhiyan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:45 pm

Assassinator wrote:There is something in the kill clue that you're completely missing. hint hint line one of the poem thing
Edit: you do not have to have it to solve it, but it will make figuring out the target easier. I will be extending the time you have to solve the clue, so about another 24 hours.

I would give you the Name (note, capitalized N), but it would make it too easy? I don't think I quoted it correctly, but whatevs, y'all know what I mean.

Schrodingerscat
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: KS

Postby Schrodingerscat » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:03 pm

syo_astro wrote:Some things I notice. Unless it isn't a phone number somehow, 397 is the KS area code (with Olathe being the largest, though it includes a few other relevant places): https://www.usphonebook.com/397-area-code ....

That would certainly be news to me. Another source says it is not a valid area code at all. Olathe is still 913 afaik.

pb5754[]
State: NJ

Postby pb5754[] » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:43 pm

This may be coincidental... birdylayaduck08 because the birds and they go to 7LHS, whose school colors are blue and orange.
Events:
2019?: GLM, Astro, Fossils, Glaciers
2018: Astro, Rocks, DP, Fermi
2017: Rocks, DP, RS
---
Assassinator #120

syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Postby syo_astro » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:53 pm

Schrodingerscat wrote:
syo_astro wrote:Some things I notice. Unless it isn't a phone number somehow, 397 is the KS area code (with Olathe being the largest, though it includes a few other relevant places): https://www.usphonebook.com/397-area-code ....

That would certainly be news to me. Another source says it is not a valid area code at all. Olathe is still 913 afaik.

Thanks...guess nobody else has figured out all the IDs, so back to protecting someone for me. The different birds makes me think of birds of prey, but parrots doesn't fit that...but "fly" and the 107 reference make me think of dragonfruit (like dragonfly?) or JasperKota (flying events?). The "Go Colonials" [Edit: in dragon's sig] makes me think football...though, might not be relevant because I think it's just their general sports team. I agree that the Philadelphia Eagles from "touchdown 123" also could be a general East / Anomaly reference just b/c PA and that they've both posted about the superbowl / sports...

So I protect dragonfruit35 because of the 107 reference and the football reference.
Last edited by syo_astro on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteorology, Physical Science Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Earth's Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Gravity Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astronomy
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)

linzhiyan

Postby linzhiyan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Assassinator wrote: Look at the beautiful condition that Disney was in while syo_astro went to go on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
https://d2v9y0dukr6mq2.cloudfront.net/v ... full01.png

I'm going to guess that this is what Sassy meant by event ID clue. If so, the wording leading up to the link is peculiar... it's worded as if Sassy's using the clouds to describe the condition Disney was in (Maybe Sassy is, but that makes it even weirder...)

kate!
Division: B
State: NY

Postby kate! » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:58 pm

linzhiyan wrote:
Assassinator wrote: Look at the beautiful condition that Disney was in while syo_astro went to go on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

I'm going to guess that this is what Sassy meant by event ID clue. If so, the wording leading up to the link is peculiar... it's worded as if Sassy's using the clouds to describe the condition Disney was in (Maybe Sassy is, but that makes it even weirder...)

When I reverse searched the image, I found this website: https://es.videoblocks.com/video/dark-blue-clouds-time-lapse-swckvgibbj36bx9fx, which is primarily written in Spanish? I know Spanish has been mentioned before, maybe that's the ID we should be looking for.
I know stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems, yay!
Next year, I will hopefully know stuff about amphibians, reptiles, weather, fossils, and water.

hippo9
State: IN

Postby hippo9 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:23 pm

I'll protect birdylayaduck08 because of the birds, and a touchdown is generally 7 points like 7Lakes.
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn’t be called research." - Albert Einstein

2018: Battery Buggy, Road Scholar, Roller Coaster

dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: B

Postby dxu46 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:06 pm

I remember the first clue targeting TCS had the date January 7th, also 107. Coincidence?
Could the sassy be dragonfruit?
Ladue Science Olympiad!
Projected 2019 events: Dynamic Planet, Experimental Design, Fossils, Game On, Road Scholar
Summary of 2018 season: :D :shock: :) :roll: :evil: 8-) :| :cry:

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin
Friend me here!

jimmy-bond
State: HI

Postby jimmy-bond » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:48 pm

hippo9 wrote:I'll protect birdylayaduck08 because of the birds, and a touchdown is generally 7 points like 7Lakes.

Not to burst your bubble, but touchdowns are 6 points.
If life gives you melons, you're dyslexic.

Roses are red, violets are blue, I have Alzheimers, cheese on toast.

2019 Events
Boomilever, Chem Lab, Designer Genes, DD, ExpD, Forensics, Water Quality

2018 Nats
CB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)

2017 Nats
CB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)

Things2do
State: TN
Location: Unfortunately, not Colorado somewhere near the Utah border

Postby Things2do » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:31 am

jimmy-bond wrote:
hippo9 wrote:I'll protect birdylayaduck08 because of the birds, and a touchdown is generally 7 points like 7Lakes.

I'm assuming he was referring to after the p.a.t.
linzhiyan wrote:

Perhaps they like clouds? Maybe someone who did Meteorology?
BB 4th

CTW 1st/5th, Meteorology 1st, Wheeled Vehicle 1st.

Scrambler 1st, CTW 1st, RS 2nd

Scrambler 1st, DP 2nd, FF 3rd, R/M 4th, Optics NH/4th, RS N/A

MV 1st, Remote Sensing solo 2nd, Optics 6th

View the full {colorless} signature here.
2, Regions: 14, State: 2

linzhiyan

Postby linzhiyan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:56 am

Things2do wrote:I'm assuming he was referring to after the p.a.t.
linzhiyan wrote:

Perhaps they like clouds? Maybe someone who did Meteorology?

That's what we all thought at first, but Sassy said there's more to it. (At least I think that that's what Sassy meant.)

Assassinator
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: -

Postby Assassinator » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:59 am

kate! wrote:
linzhiyan wrote:

When I reverse searched the image, I found this website: https://es.videoblocks.com/video/dark-blue-clouds-time-lapse-swckvgibbj36bx9fx, which is primarily written in Spanish? I know Spanish has been mentioned before, maybe that's the ID we should be looking for.

You guys found the event ID, and Spanish is not part of any ID.

Other things to touch upon:
-Think about the phone number again. The way you are looking at it is not the way it is intended to be solved.
-107 is not the game but is something related to the game (107 is also not a date).
-The clue that will make it easier to solve who the target is has been found.
-The more to it for the event is not to dig deeper, but to realize something.

I will make edits if I can think of other things to touch upon.
Calling all fortune-seekers!

linzhiyan

Postby linzhiyan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:05 am

Assassinator wrote:You guys found the event ID, and Spanish is not part of any ID.

Other things to touch upon:
-Think about the phone number again. The way you are looking at it is not the way it is intended to be solved.
-107 is not the game but is something related to the game (107 is also not a date).
-The clue that will make it easier to solve who the target is has been found.
-The more to it for the event is not to dig deeper, but to realize something.

I will make edits if I can think of other things to touch upon.

Guys, I just realized something (it's probably nothing, but I'll still share it). The sky with the clouds were blue. B for the roygbiv clue was Benewcomb...
EDIT1: I'm going to give my wild accusations one more go... In the give the person below you a nickname thread, Benewcomb gave the person below them the nickname of Ron Ron Ron Weasley. Game 107 was Harry Potter related (I think...?). In the ask a question to the person below you thread, Benewcomb asked (twice) if the person below them knew things from Mulan. (Different things, obviously, but they're still Mulan related.) Guys, please correct me if I'm wrong...
EDIT 2: I'm going to apologize in advance if I'm falsely accusing someone again :( :cry:

hippo9
State: IN

Postby hippo9 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:18 am

jimmy-bond wrote:

Yeah IK, but unless the kick screws it up, you get 7 points, which is what usually happens at least in the NFL.
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn’t be called research." - Albert Einstein

2018: Battery Buggy, Road Scholar, Roller Coaster

Assassinator
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: -

Postby Assassinator » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:38 am

So...
You guys didn't protect the right person and really didn't go further with some of the hints I gave you... so now Tailsfan101 is dead... and the Sassy has won... well not yet.
I'm going to give all officers that are alive an accusation which must be used before 1 PM EST. Good luck!
Calling all fortune-seekers!

Return to “Posting Games”