Dynamic Planet B/C

WangwithaTang
Member
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: January 3rd, 2019, 8:48 pm

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Postby WangwithaTang » January 19th, 2019, 8:47 pm

Has anybody approved of scioly using their dynamic planet tests? If not, do you guys know where I can find dynamic planet tests from this year?

User avatar
SciolyHarsh
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: May 20th, 2018, 5:44 pm
State: -

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Postby SciolyHarsh » January 20th, 2019, 9:05 am

WangwithaTang wrote:Has anybody approved of scioly using their dynamic planet tests? If not, do you guys know where I can find dynamic planet tests from this year?


You can use Scioly tests, but your team captains might have done some test exchanges and gotten tests.
2017-2018 Events: Chemistry Lab, Dynamic Planet, Microbe Mission, Experimental Design, Rocks and Minerals

2018-2019 Events: Dynamic Planet, Astronomy, Sounds of Music, Circuit Lab, Geologic Mapping

WangwithaTang
Member
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: January 3rd, 2019, 8:48 pm

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Postby WangwithaTang » January 21st, 2019, 9:52 am

What does it mean by "Sedimentary sequences produced in glacial environments in the marine and terrestrial realms" on the guidelines?
Thanks!

jleremy
Member
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: January 7th, 2017, 1:51 pm
State: -

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Postby jleremy » January 21st, 2019, 10:19 am

Anyone know what "influence of bed (wet or dry, bare rock, and sediment), and relation of flow to elevation and gradient" in the rule sheet?
i am having trouble finding the correct answer for it but cant find it.

WangwithaTang
Member
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: January 3rd, 2019, 8:48 pm

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Postby WangwithaTang » January 21st, 2019, 11:48 am

jleremy wrote:Anyone know what "influence of bed (wet or dry, bare rock, and sediment), and relation of flow to elevation and gradient" in the rule sheet?
i am having trouble finding the correct answer for it but cant find it.

Same here. I can't find that or part m with ice sheet modeling.

jleremy
Member
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: January 7th, 2017, 1:51 pm
State: -

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Postby jleremy » January 21st, 2019, 2:59 pm

WangwithaTang wrote:
jleremy wrote:Anyone know what "influence of bed (wet or dry, bare rock, and sediment), and relation of flow to elevation and gradient" in the rule sheet?
i am having trouble finding the correct answer for it but cant find it.

Same here. I can't find that or part m with ice sheet modeling.

I think it means "does wet(wet,dry,bare rock and sediment) bed rock help lubricate the glacier?" which is true. but i am still unsure about the

WangwithaTang
Member
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: January 3rd, 2019, 8:48 pm

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Postby WangwithaTang » January 21st, 2019, 6:56 pm

jleremy wrote:
WangwithaTang wrote:
jleremy wrote:Anyone know what "influence of bed (wet or dry, bare rock, and sediment), and relation of flow to elevation and gradient" in the rule sheet?
i am having trouble finding the correct answer for it but cant find it.

Same here. I can't find that or part m with ice sheet modeling.

I think it means "does wet(wet,dry,bare rock and sediment) bed rock help lubricate the glacier?" which is true. but i am still unsure about the

Alright. What about the rest though?

WangwithaTang
Member
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: January 3rd, 2019, 8:48 pm

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Postby WangwithaTang » January 21st, 2019, 7:43 pm

Also, have all of the invitationals for dynamic planet finished? If so, has scioly been approved to use any of them?

WangwithaTang
Member
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: January 3rd, 2019, 8:48 pm

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Postby WangwithaTang » January 21st, 2019, 8:19 pm

Finally, do we need to have a list of the name every single glacier and their types?

pb5754[]
Member
Member
Posts: 369
Joined: March 5th, 2017, 7:49 pm
Division: C
State: NJ

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Postby pb5754[] » January 22nd, 2019, 5:11 am

WangwithaTang wrote:Finally, do we need to have a list of the name every single glacier and their types?

Uhhh you definitely don't need to know the names/types of every single glacier, but you should know the names and types of major glaciers ig.
WangwithaTang wrote:Also, have all of the invitationals for dynamic planet finished? If so, has scioly been approved to use any of them?

Invitationals continue up until around March, so there are still several left. If you are looking for tests, you can probably check the Scioly Test Exchange, try publicly released invitational tests (such as MIT (should be released soon I think) or UT Austin), or ask your captains if they have traded/received any tests.
Last edited by pb5754[] on January 22nd, 2019, 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

WangwithaTang
Member
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: January 3rd, 2019, 8:48 pm

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Postby WangwithaTang » January 22nd, 2019, 3:18 pm

pb5754[] wrote:
WangwithaTang wrote:Finally, do we need to have a list of the name every single glacier and their types?

Uhhh you definitely don't need to know the names/types of every single glacier, but you should know the names and types of major glaciers ig.
WangwithaTang wrote:Also, have all of the invitationals for dynamic planet finished? If so, has scioly been approved to use any of them?

Invitationals continue up until around March, so there are still several left. If you are looking for tests, you can probably check the Scioly Test Exchange, try publicly released invitational tests (such as MIT (should be released soon I think) or UT Austin), or ask your captains if they have traded/received any tests.

Which ones should I add? Thanks, by the way.

pb5754[]
Member
Member
Posts: 369
Joined: March 5th, 2017, 7:49 pm
Division: C
State: NJ

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Postby pb5754[] » January 22nd, 2019, 4:13 pm

WangwithaTang wrote:
pb5754[] wrote:
WangwithaTang wrote:Finally, do we need to have a list of the name every single glacier and their types?

Uhhh you definitely don't need to know the names/types of every single glacier, but you should know the names and types of major glaciers ig.
WangwithaTang wrote:Also, have all of the invitationals for dynamic planet finished? If so, has scioly been approved to use any of them?

Invitationals continue up until around March, so there are still several left. If you are looking for tests, you can probably check the Scioly Test Exchange, try publicly released invitational tests (such as MIT (should be released soon I think) or UT Austin), or ask your captains if they have traded/received any tests.

Which ones should I add? Thanks, by the way.

Generally, I just add famous/important ones (such as Perito Moreno, a valley glacier, which is one of the few advancing glaciers on Earth), and as I take more tests I just add to the list if I find one that I didn't know about.

jleremy
Member
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: January 7th, 2017, 1:51 pm
State: -

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Postby jleremy » January 22nd, 2019, 4:45 pm

WangwithaTang wrote:
jleremy wrote:
WangwithaTang wrote:Same here. I can't find that or part m with ice sheet modeling.

I think it means "does wet(wet,dry,bare rock and sediment) bed rock help lubricate the glacier?" which is true. but i am still unsure about the

Alright. What about the rest though?

what i said

WangwithaTang
Member
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: January 3rd, 2019, 8:48 pm

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Postby WangwithaTang » January 24th, 2019, 10:32 pm

jleremy wrote:
WangwithaTang wrote:
jleremy wrote:I think it means "does wet(wet,dry,bare rock and sediment) bed rock help lubricate the glacier?" which is true. but i am still unsure about the

Alright. What about the rest though?

what i said

Okay, thanks.

WangwithaTang
Member
Member
Posts: 92
Joined: January 3rd, 2019, 8:48 pm

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Postby WangwithaTang » January 25th, 2019, 4:27 pm

I'm looking at the stuff on the 2014 dynamic planet test and I'm getting a bunch of stuff not on this year's test. Is the specific material different? (Excluding the bottom half from i - o)


Return to “Study Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests