A forum for those Word Games that plague the earth
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA

Proper English

Postby UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F » January 8th, 2019, 7:14 pm

This posting game is a challenge to create a new Proper English. Each poster adds a rule to the new language. No double posting and only one rule per post. All successive posts must obey all the rules. Feel free to obnoxiously correct any posts that do not follow all the rules of Proper English.

First rule: When a word ends in the letter "Y", it must be a double Y. Example: The word "obey" should be properly written as "obeyy".

waffletree
Division: B

Re: Proper English

Postby waffletree » January 8th, 2019, 7:18 pm

Rule 2. capitalization no longer necessaryy at the beginning of Sentences. however, the last word of each sentence must be Capitalized.
8th grade

2017 - 18 events :
~ Wright stuff ~ Towers ~ Mystery Architecture ~

2018-19 events:
~ Boomilever ~ ELG ~ Mystery Architecture ~ Battery Buggy ~ Herpetology? ~

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F » January 8th, 2019, 7:24 pm

just going to accumulate all of the rules at the end of each Post. I wonder how manyy rules before we start forgetting Stuff.

1. when a word ends in the letter "Y", it must be a double Y. example: the word "obey" should be properlyy written as "obeyy".
2. capitalization no longer necessaryy at the beginning of Sentences. however, the last word of each sentence must be Capitalized.
3. mere periods and question marks are not enough for Proper English! therefore everyy sentence ends with an exclamation point like This!

MadCow2357
State: RI

Postby MadCow2357 » January 8th, 2019, 7:26 pm

rule four: every time you use the word "rule", you must add the words "over nine thousand" right after It!
MadCow2357's Userpage
2019 Events: Battery Buggy, Boomilever, Fossils, Thermodynamics
"Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers!" - Homer Simpson
Rest in peace Balsa Man. You were a great man. :cry:

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F » January 8th, 2019, 7:30 pm

my next rule over nine thousand: get ready for It!

1. when a word ends in the letter "Y", it must be a double Y! example: the word "obey" should be properlyy written as "obeyy"!
2. capitalization no longer necessaryy at the beginning of Sentences! however, the last word of each sentence must be Capitalized!
3. mere periods and question marks are not enough for Proper English! therefore everyy sentence ends with an exclamation point like This!
4. every time you use the word "rule", you must add the words "over nine thousand" right after It!
5. the second letter of every word is Optionall! in fact it is sometimes better to leave it Out! if it is left out, replace it with an apostrophe like "I a' d'ing r'ght n'w"!

also, r'les can contradict or r'place one Another!

dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MO

Postby dxu46 » January 8th, 2019, 7:38 pm

w'en the rules ovr nine thsnd get cluttrd do we Rstart!

1. when a word ends in the letter "Y", it must be a double Y! example: the word "obey" should be properlyy written as "obeyy"!
2. capitalization no longer necessaryy at the beginning of Sentences! however, the last word of each sentence must be Capitalized!
4. every time you use the word "rule", you must add the words "over nine thousand" right after It!
5. the second letter of every word is Optionall! in fact it is sometimes better to leave it Out! if it is left out, replace it with an apostrophe like "I a' d'ing r'ght n'w"!
6. each sentnce mayy hve at most 8 vwls n t, y's dn't Cnt!
Ladue Science Olympiad!
Projected 2019 events: Experimental Design, Fossils, Sounds of Music?, WIDI, maybe others
B Division Dropout and C Division Charity Case
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin
Friend me here!

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F » January 8th, 2019, 7:43 pm

dxu46 wrote:w'en the rules ovr nine thsnd get cluttrd do we Rstart!

s're, why Not?

7. spcial f'rm of "you" whn m'ntionng Strngers! use th f'rml you, "We"!

we r'strt whn no one understands!

cbrant554
State: IN

Postby cbrant554 » January 9th, 2019, 9:02 am

8. E'eryy v'wel i' E! Se n'w y'e d'cepher

dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby dxu46 » January 9th, 2019, 9:39 am

8. E'eryy v'wel i' E! Se n'w y'e d'cepher
9. f e wrd hs e hmnym, se tht enstd f th Wrd!
Ladue Science Olympiad!
Projected 2019 events: Experimental Design, Fossils, Sounds of Music?, WIDI, maybe others
Friend me here!

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F » January 9th, 2019, 12:51 pm

Okay, this has gotten pretty unreadable already, so I'll restart (feel free to restart if you feel it's necessary). Try not to make the rules too unreadable.

1. Comes the subject of the sentence after the verb.

MadCow2357

Postby MadCow2357 » January 9th, 2019, 1:47 pm

2. Before posting drink some water first.
MadCow2357's Userpage
"Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers!" - Homer Simpson

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F » January 9th, 2019, 1:52 pm

MadCow2357 wrote:1. Comes the subject of the sentence after the verb.

Is not that a grammatical rule though...

MadCow2357

Postby MadCow2357 » January 9th, 2019, 3:14 pm

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:

Is not that a grammatical rule though...

smh fine then
2. Post like Yoda, you must. Put at the beginning some words will be, yes hmmmmmm.
MadCow2357's Userpage

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F » January 9th, 2019, 3:50 pm

2. Post like Yoda, must you. Put at the beginning will be some words, yes hmmmmmm.

For you fixed that :P

3. By their proper name "hand-lemons" must call you American "footballs", yes hmmmmmm

dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby dxu46 » January 9th, 2019, 5:18 pm

2. Post like Yoda, you must. Put at the beginning some words will be, yes hmmmmmm.
3. By their proper name "hand-lemons" must call you American "footballs", yes hmmmmmm
4. Badd si seplling an gramar, youre postes muzt bee, yas, hmmmmmm.
Ladue Science Olympiad!
Friend me here!

Return to “Posting Games”