Unofficial Rankings B

User avatar
builderguy135
Member
Member
Posts: 662
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 12:24 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Unofficial Rankings B

Post by builderguy135 » May 17th, 2019, 9:02 pm

19alekb wrote:
TheCrazyChemist wrote:
Tailsfan101 wrote:
1. Solon Middle School (OH)
2. West Windsor-Plainsboro Community Middle School (NJ)
3. Kennedy Middle School (CA)
4. Beckendorff Junior High School (TX)
5. Paul J. Gelinas Junior High School (NY)
6. Piedmont IB Middle School (NC)
7. Daniel Wright Junior High School (IL)
8. Springhouse Middle School (PA)
9. Marie Murphy Middle School (IL)
10. Kraemer Middle School (CA)
11. Longfellow Middle School (VA)
12. Hamilton Middle School (WI)
13. Harlan Rowe Middle School (PA)
14. Thomas Jefferson Middle School (IN)
15. Highlands Intermediate School (HI)
16. Ladue Middle School (MO)
17. Lakeshore Middle School (MI)
18. Slauson Middle School (MI)
19. Tower Heights Middle School (OH)
20. Eagle Hill Middle School (NY)
21. Evergreen Middle School (WA)
22. Bedford Middle School (CT)
23. Fulton Science Academy (GA)
24. Raymond Park Middle School (IN)
25. Preston Middle School (CO)
26. Cedar Springs Homeschool (TN)
27. Dodgen Middle School (GA)
28. Wilmington Academy of Arts & Sciences (NC)
29. Chippewa Middle School (MN)
30. Kealing Middle School (TX)
31. Pleasant Ridge Middle School (KS)
32. Auburn Junior High School (AL)
33. North Bethesda Middle School (MD)
34. Albuquerque Area Homeschoolers (NM)
35. Meyzeek Middle School (KY)
36. Orlando Science School (FL)
37. Stoller Middle School (OR)
38. Conrad Schools of Science (DE)
39. William Diamond Middle School (MA)
40. Fairfield Junior High School (UT)
41. Mission Middle School (NE)
42. Ames Middle School (IA)
43. Clinton Middle School (SC)
44. Bob Miller Middle School (NV)
45. Saint Joseph’s Catholic School (ID)
46. Gallagher Middle School (RI)
47. River City Science Academy (FL)
48. Walpole Elementary School (NH)
49. Wachter Middle School (ND)
50. Yankton Middle School (SD)
51. Paragon Science Academy (AZ)
52. Germantown Middle School (MS)
53. Glasgow Middle School (LA)
54. BASIS Charter School (DC)
55. Casady School (OK)
56. Medomak Middle School (ME)
57. Hamilton Middle School (MT)
58. Riverton Middle School (WY)
59 Northern Lights ABC School (AK)
60. County Line Junior High School (AR)
These predictions are not meant to offend anyone, they only represent my personal opinions.
Feel free to give me feedback!
Piedmont to high. I would switch them with DWJHS and then switch again with Marie Murphy.
Gelinas high, but I can't see who would beat them there.
Harlan Rowe and Tower Heights switch.
Eagle Hill and Bedford switch, Bedford has beaten them at many invitationals this year.
Kraemer's a bit low in my opinion.
Yeah, I agree. DWJHS will definitely do better than Piedmont and MM will probably do better.
Honestly, i disagree. I don't think MM will get better than 9th...
HSN '22 & DMAH Co-Captain
6-time medalist in Nationals 2019
2020 Sounds MIT and Princeton Champion
2020 (and probably 2021 :( ) Events: PPP/Sounds/Wright/Code/PaRaSiToLoGy

User avatar
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 760
Joined: November 19th, 2017, 9:09 am
Division: C
State: RI
Location: Stark Industries Internship
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 45 times
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Rankings B

Post by MadCow2357 » May 17th, 2019, 9:08 pm

Tailsfan101 wrote:
1. Solon Middle School (OH)
2. West Windsor-Plainsboro Community Middle School (NJ)
3. Kennedy Middle School (CA)
4. Beckendorff Junior High School (TX)
5. Paul J. Gelinas Junior High School (NY)
6. Piedmont IB Middle School (NC)
7. Daniel Wright Junior High School (IL)
8. Springhouse Middle School (PA)
9. Marie Murphy Middle School (IL)
10. Kraemer Middle School (CA)
11. Longfellow Middle School (VA)
12. Hamilton Middle School (WI)
13. Harlan Rowe Middle School (PA)
14. Thomas Jefferson Middle School (IN)
15. Highlands Intermediate School (HI)
16. Ladue Middle School (MO)
17. Lakeshore Middle School (MI)
18. Slauson Middle School (MI)
19. Tower Heights Middle School (OH)
20. Eagle Hill Middle School (NY)
21. Evergreen Middle School (WA)
22. Bedford Middle School (CT)
23. Fulton Science Academy (GA)
24. Raymond Park Middle School (IN)
25. Preston Middle School (CO)
26. Cedar Springs Homeschool (TN)
27. Dodgen Middle School (GA)
28. Wilmington Academy of Arts & Sciences (NC)
29. Chippewa Middle School (MN)
30. Kealing Middle School (TX)
31. Pleasant Ridge Middle School (KS)
32. Auburn Junior High School (AL)
33. North Bethesda Middle School (MD)
34. Albuquerque Area Homeschoolers (NM)
35. Meyzeek Middle School (KY)
36. Orlando Science School (FL)
37. Stoller Middle School (OR)
38. Conrad Schools of Science (DE)
39. William Diamond Middle School (MA)
40. Fairfield Junior High School (UT)
41. Mission Middle School (NE)
42. Ames Middle School (IA)
43. Clinton Middle School (SC)
44. Bob Miller Middle School (NV)
45. Saint Joseph’s Catholic School (ID)
46. Gallagher Middle School (RI)
47. River City Science Academy (FL)
48. Walpole Elementary School (NH)
49. Wachter Middle School (ND)
50. Yankton Middle School (SD)
51. Paragon Science Academy (AZ)
52. Germantown Middle School (MS)
53. Glasgow Middle School (LA)
54. BASIS Charter School (DC)
55. Casady School (OK)
56. Medomak Middle School (ME)
57. Hamilton Middle School (MT)
58. Riverton Middle School (WY)
59 Northern Lights ABC School (AK)
60. County Line Junior High School (AR)
These predictions are not meant to offend anyone, they only represent my personal opinions.
Feel free to give me feedback!
Oof you predicted us right below your Idaho rival team - we're gonna try our hardest to avenge you tails, don't worry. I think we have the potential to be like 1 or 2 places higher (but I'm biased so idk).

I'm not going to give feedback on other stuff, thought I disagree with a lot of your top 20s. I'll just do a complete prediction myself for the heck of it ig
MadCow2357's Userpage
2020 Events: Boomilever, Machines, Wright Stuff, and sadly not Gravity Vehicle
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
Andrew Yang for VP!
In remembrance of Len Joeris (Balsa Man) and Dr. Gerard Putz - Don't cry because they are gone. Smile because they were here.

19alekb
Member
Member
Posts: 98
Joined: April 21st, 2018, 6:13 am
Division: B
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unofficial Rankings B

Post by 19alekb » May 17th, 2019, 9:28 pm

builderguy135 wrote:
19alekb wrote:
TheCrazyChemist wrote: Piedmont to high. I would switch them with DWJHS and then switch again with Marie Murphy.
Gelinas high, but I can't see who would beat them there.
Harlan Rowe and Tower Heights switch.
Eagle Hill and Bedford switch, Bedford has beaten them at many invitationals this year.
Kraemer's a bit low in my opinion.
Yeah, I agree. DWJHS will definitely do better than Piedmont and MM will probably do better.
Honestly, i disagree. I don't think MM will get better than 9th...
Who knows? MM was behind DW by 20 points at state.

User avatar
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 760
Joined: November 19th, 2017, 9:09 am
Division: C
State: RI
Location: Stark Industries Internship
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 45 times
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Rankings B

Post by MadCow2357 » May 17th, 2019, 9:32 pm

1. Solon Middle School (OH)
2. West Windsor-Plainsboro Community Middle School (NJ)
3. Kennedy Middle School (CA)
4. Beckendorff Junior High School (TX)
5. Daniel Wright Junior High School (IL)
6. Paul J. Gelinas Junior High School (NY)
7. Springhouse Middle School (PA)
8. Piedmont IB Middle School (NC)
9. Kraemer Middle School (CA)
10. Marie Murphy Middle School (IL)
11. Longfellow Middle School (VA)
12. Lakeshore Middle School (MI)
13. Highlands Intermediate School (HI)
14. Tower Heights Middle School (OH)
15. Hamilton Middle School (WI)
16. Thomas Jefferson Middle School (IN)
17. Eagle Hill Middle School (NY)
18. Harlan Rowe Middle School (PA)
19. Ladue Middle School (MO)
20. Slauson Middle School (MI)
21. Evergreen Middle School (WA)
22. Bedford Middle School (CT)
23. Fulton Science Academy (GA)
24. Raymond Park Middle School (IN)
25. Preston Middle School (CO)
26. Cedar Springs Homeschool (TN)
27. Dodgen Middle School (GA)
28. Wilmington Academy of Arts & Sciences (NC)
29. Chippewa Middle School (MN)
30. Kealing Middle School (TX)
31. Pleasant Ridge Middle School (KS)
32. Auburn Junior High School (AL)
33. North Bethesda Middle School (MD)
34. Albuquerque Area Homeschoolers (NM)
35. Meyzeek Middle School (KY)
36. Orlando Science School (FL)
37. Stoller Middle School (OR)
38. Conrad Schools of Science (DE)
39. William Diamond Middle School (MA)
40. Fairfield Junior High School (UT)
41. Mission Middle School (NE)
42. Ames Middle School (IA)
43. Clinton Middle School (SC)
44. Bob Miller Middle School (NV)
45. Gallagher Middle School (RI)  :P 
46. Saint Joseph’s Catholic School (ID)
47. River City Science Academy (FL)
48. Walpole Elementary School (NH)
49. Wachter Middle School (ND)
50. Yankton Middle School (SD)
51. Paragon Science Academy (AZ)
52. Germantown Middle School (MS)
53. Glasgow Middle School (LA)
54. BASIS Charter School (DC)
55. Casady School (OK)
56. Medomak Middle School (ME)
57. Hamilton Middle School (MT)
58. Northern Lights ABC School (AK)
59. County Line Junior High School (AR)
60. Riverton Middle School (WY)
Open to feedback as well!
MadCow2357's Userpage
2020 Events: Boomilever, Machines, Wright Stuff, and sadly not Gravity Vehicle
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
Andrew Yang for VP!
In remembrance of Len Joeris (Balsa Man) and Dr. Gerard Putz - Don't cry because they are gone. Smile because they were here.

User avatar
builderguy135
Member
Member
Posts: 662
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 12:24 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Unofficial Rankings B

Post by builderguy135 » May 17th, 2019, 9:53 pm

19alekb wrote:
builderguy135 wrote:
19alekb wrote:
Yeah, I agree. DWJHS will definitely do better than Piedmont and MM will probably do better.
Honestly, i disagree. I don't think MM will get better than 9th...
Who knows? MM was behind DW by 20 points at state.
29 points*

Also an unstacked dw beat a stacked mm at Centerville by over 70 points
HSN '22 & DMAH Co-Captain
6-time medalist in Nationals 2019
2020 Sounds MIT and Princeton Champion
2020 (and probably 2021 :( ) Events: PPP/Sounds/Wright/Code/PaRaSiToLoGy

Selundar
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: March 19th, 2017, 11:39 am
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unofficial Rankings B

Post by Selundar » May 17th, 2019, 10:28 pm

builderguy135 wrote:
19alekb wrote:
builderguy135 wrote:
Honestly, i disagree. I don't think MM will get better than 9th...
Who knows? MM was behind DW by 20 points at state.
29 points*

Also an unstacked dw beat a stacked mm at Centerville by over 70 points
I think there was some discussion about this earlier but MM improved a good handful of events that they bombed at Centerville and I think their State performance is more indicative of their current strength.
aeshs '21

User avatar
EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3132
Joined: January 17th, 2009, 7:32 am
Division: Grad
State: MD
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: At work trying to be a real adult
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 77 times
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Rankings B

Post by EastStroudsburg13 » May 18th, 2019, 7:50 am

Alright, here's my predictions. Contrary to most other posters, I am not open for feedback; you can tell me what you disagree with, but these rankings will not be changing unless I personally feel like it. I do not expect you to agree with all of my rankings, nor would I expect or even want you to.

I've put brief blurbs for the top 30, the bottom 30 is just a list because, unfortunately, I've got limited time and effort I want to spend on this. The bottom 30 is mostly based off of my algorithm anyway, so blame that if you have a problem.
[list=1][*][b]Solon[/b] - Really wanted to put Kennedy here but I'm not in the business of betting against Solon.
[*][b]Kennedy[/b] - See above; think they're underrated by virtue of half the country never competing against them.
[*][b]Community[/b] - Should be close to top two.
[*][b]Daniel Wright[/b] - I see people putting them lower than this, which is cool, but I just don't have a ton of faith in the teams under them beating them. #TrustThePedigree.
[*][b]Paul J. Gelinas[/b] - This feels high, but they look better than last year and who else was I gonna put here?
[*][b]Piedmont[/b] - Have low-key had a really good year, maybe I should put them above Gelinas. Eh, whatever, one place is basically no difference (*AHEM THIS APPLIES EVERYWHERE*).
[*][b]Beckendorff[/b] - I have overrated Beckendorff for a few years now, really trying not to this year.
[*][b]Springhouse[/b] - I was thinking of putting them outside the top 10, ended up putting them here. Seems fair to me.
[*][b]Kraemer[/b] - I know this is exactly where Jeffrey Trail was last year. Sometimes I take the easy route, fight me.
[*][b]Marie Murphy[/b] - In the prediction contest I put Hamilton here to shoot for a differential pick, but for picking straight MM is much safer. Fun fact last time MM made nats and got lower than 10th was 2009.
[*][b]Longfellow[/b] - This feels simultaneously too high and too low. Ranks high on my list of teams most likely to make me look dumb.
[*][b]Lakeshore[/b] - I see some people putting Lakeshore top 10, which feels ambitious, but I guess I didn't put them too much lower. Hmm.
[*][b]Hamilton[/b] - They beat DW that one time. I would've liked to see them dominate states more. Still picking them 10th in the contest because none of y'all are picking them (subject to change if some of y'all start picking them).
[*][b]Highlands[/b] - The flight from Honolulu to New York is over 9 hours. If the island bois can overcome that and make the top 10, respect.
[*][b]Thomas Jefferson[/b] - I call them the most under-the-radar dominant team in B division. Actually having in-state competition this year helped.
[*][b]Tower Heights[/b] - I don't think I'm as low on them as Unome, but I've been sorta underwhelmed by their nats finishes thus far.
[*][b]Slauson[/b] - The O.G. national champs make year 2 of their revenge tour. Revenge against whom unclear.
[*][b]Harlan Rowe[/b] - Harlan Rowe is about [i]three times[/i] closer to Cornell as they are to Juniata College (PA states). Think about that. Also, #HarlanRoweHypeTrain.
[*][b]Eagle Hill[/b] - Did well to get out of states but their placements were already trending down before last year. Idk how much higher I want to put them.
[*][b]Ladue[/b] - This feels like a boring pick. I guess that means it's safe? Whatever.
[*][b]Fulton Science Academy[/b] - This is more exciting! They should make a big leap this year. The question is how much.
[*][b]Bedford[/b] - They are definitely better this year than last, but there's a lot of teams in the low 10s high 20s tier. Rooting for you to get top 20 though (just not above Harlan Rowe).
[*][b]Raymond Park[/b] - This team is very good, possibly underrated. Really glad they're getting this chance, it was great timing for Indiana to get a second bid.
[*][b]Chippewa[/b] - They're about as good as they have been, which means a mid-20s placement. I don't think that hard once we get down here.
[*][b]Dodgen[/b] - Their states score, by percentage, is actually the same as last year. Food for thought.
[*][b]Kealing[/b] - This is exactly halfway between their 2017 and 2018 placements. All I got.
[*][b]Wilmington Academy of Arts & Sciences[/b] - Yeah, this is Carnage's placement from last year. Like I said, easy route.
[*][b]Evergreen[/b] - I know a lot of people expected them to not make nats this year. Falling a bit from last year seems like a fair assumption. 
[*][b]Preston[/b] - Had a little home-state boost last year, so I definitely see them going back down a bit.
[*][b]Orlando Science School[/b] - Had some good invitationals. It'd just be cool to see Florida back in the B top 30[/list]
31. Bellevue Mission
32. Stoller
33. Meyzeek
34. Cedar Springs
35. North Bethesda
36. Pleasant Ridge
37. Auburn
38. Ames
39. Fairfield
40. William Diamond
41. Wachter
42. Albuquerque Area
43. Casady
44. Clinton
45. Conrad
46. River City
47. Bob Miller
48. Walpole
49. Yankton
50. St. Joseph's
51. Glasgow
52. Paragon
53. Gallagher
54. Germantown
55. BASIS
56. Hamilton (MT)
57. Riverton
58. County Line
59. Northern Lights ABC
60. Medomak

If you don't like your team's placement and you have the state scores for Stoller, Meyzeek, William Diamond, Ames, Casady, Yankton, BASIS, Riverton, County Line, or Northern Lights, send them to me and you may move up. Or down, I make no promises.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki


So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

User avatar
kate!
Member
Member
Posts: 441
Joined: October 11th, 2017, 12:07 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Location: Ward Melville HS
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unofficial Rankings B

Post by kate! » May 18th, 2019, 9:05 am

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:Alright, here's my predictions. Contrary to most other posters, I am not open for feedback; you can tell me what you disagree with, but these rankings will not be changing unless I personally feel like it. I do not expect you to agree with all of my rankings, nor would I expect or even want you to.

I've put brief blurbs for the top 30, the bottom 30 is just a list because, unfortunately, I've got limited time and effort I want to spend on this. The bottom 30 is mostly based off of my algorithm anyway, so blame that if you have a problem.
[list=1][*][b]Solon[/b] - Really wanted to put Kennedy here but I'm not in the business of betting against Solon.
[*][b]Kennedy[/b] - See above; think they're underrated by virtue of half the country never competing against them.
[*][b]Community[/b] - Should be close to top two.
[*][b]Daniel Wright[/b] - I see people putting them lower than this, which is cool, but I just don't have a ton of faith in the teams under them beating them. #TrustThePedigree.
[*][b]Paul J. Gelinas[/b] - This feels high, but they look better than last year and who else was I gonna put here?
[*][b]Piedmont[/b] - Have low-key had a really good year, maybe I should put them above Gelinas. Eh, whatever, one place is basically no difference (*AHEM THIS APPLIES EVERYWHERE*).
[*][b]Beckendorff[/b] - I have overrated Beckendorff for a few years now, really trying not to this year.
[*][b]Springhouse[/b] - I was thinking of putting them outside the top 10, ended up putting them here. Seems fair to me.
[*][b]Kraemer[/b] - I know this is exactly where Jeffrey Trail was last year. Sometimes I take the easy route, fight me.
[*][b]Marie Murphy[/b] - In the prediction contest I put Hamilton here to shoot for a differential pick, but for picking straight MM is much safer. Fun fact last time MM made nats and got lower than 10th was 2009.
[*][b]Longfellow[/b] - This feels simultaneously too high and too low. Ranks high on my list of teams most likely to make me look dumb.
[*][b]Lakeshore[/b] - I see some people putting Lakeshore top 10, which feels ambitious, but I guess I didn't put them too much lower. Hmm.
[*][b]Hamilton[/b] - They beat DW that one time. I would've liked to see them dominate states more. Still picking them 10th in the contest because none of y'all are picking them (subject to change if some of y'all start picking them).
[*][b]Highlands[/b] - The flight from Honolulu to New York is over 9 hours. If the island bois can overcome that and make the top 10, respect.
[*][b]Thomas Jefferson[/b] - I call them the most under-the-radar dominant team in B division. Actually having in-state competition this year helped.
[*][b]Tower Heights[/b] - I don't think I'm as low on them as Unome, but I've been sorta underwhelmed by their nats finishes thus far.
[*][b]Slauson[/b] - The O.G. national champs make year 2 of their revenge tour. Revenge against whom unclear.
[*][b]Harlan Rowe[/b] - Harlan Rowe is about [i]three times[/i] closer to Cornell as they are to Juniata College (PA states). Think about that. Also, #HarlanRoweHypeTrain.
[*][b]Eagle Hill[/b] - Did well to get out of states but their placements were already trending down before last year. Idk how much higher I want to put them.
[*][b]Ladue[/b] - This feels like a boring pick. I guess that means it's safe? Whatever.
[*][b]Fulton Science Academy[/b] - This is more exciting! They should make a big leap this year. The question is how much.
[*][b]Bedford[/b] - They are definitely better this year than last, but there's a lot of teams in the low 10s high 20s tier. Rooting for you to get top 20 though (just not above Harlan Rowe).
[*][b]Raymond Park[/b] - This team is very good, possibly underrated. Really glad they're getting this chance, it was great timing for Indiana to get a second bid.
[*][b]Chippewa[/b] - They're about as good as they have been, which means a mid-20s placement. I don't think that hard once we get down here.
[*][b]Dodgen[/b] - Their states score, by percentage, is actually the same as last year. Food for thought.
[*][b]Kealing[/b] - This is exactly halfway between their 2017 and 2018 placements. All I got.
[*][b]Wilmington Academy of Arts & Sciences[/b] - Yeah, this is Carnage's placement from last year. Like I said, easy route.
[*][b]Evergreen[/b] - I know a lot of people expected them to not make nats this year. Falling a bit from last year seems like a fair assumption. 
[*][b]Preston[/b] - Had a little home-state boost last year, so I definitely see them going back down a bit.
[*][b]Orlando Science School[/b] - Had some good invitationals. It'd just be cool to see Florida back in the B top 30[/list]
31. Bellevue Mission
32. Stoller
33. Meyzeek
34. Cedar Springs
35. North Bethesda
36. Pleasant Ridge
37. Auburn
38. Ames
39. Fairfield
40. William Diamond
41. Wachter
42. Albuquerque Area
43. Casady
44. Clinton
45. Bob Miller
46. Conrad
47. River City
48. Yankton
49. St. Joseph's
50. Glasgow
51. Paragon
52. Gallagher
53. Germantown
54. BASIS
55. Hamilton (MT)
56. Riverton
57. County Line
58. Walpole
59. Northern Lights ABC
60. Medomak

If you don't like your team's placement and you have the state scores for Stoller, Meyzeek, William Diamond, Ames, Bob Miller, Casady, Yankton, BASIS, Riverton, County Line, or Northern Lights, send them to me and you may move up. Or down, I make no promises.
I'm kind of confused, I see you mentioned for a couple teams how close they are to nationals (Highlands, Harlan Rowe)? What does distance have to do with placing besides builds breaking or something? And wouldn't that make you put Eagle Hill higher because they're probably the closest to Cornell out of every team going?
Two years ago I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems, yay!
Last year I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and more experiments, yay again!
Now I know stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils, yay for the third time!

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4253
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Unofficial Rankings B

Post by Unome » May 18th, 2019, 9:11 am

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:Alright, here's my predictions. Contrary to most other posters, I am not open for feedback; you can tell me what you disagree with, but these rankings will not be changing unless I personally feel like it. I do not expect you to agree with all of my rankings, nor would I expect or even want you to.

I've put brief blurbs for the top 30, the bottom 30 is just a list because, unfortunately, I've got limited time and effort I want to spend on this. The bottom 30 is mostly based off of my algorithm anyway, so blame that if you have a problem.
[list=1][*][b]Solon[/b] - Really wanted to put Kennedy here but I'm not in the business of betting against Solon.
[*][b]Kennedy[/b] - See above; think they're underrated by virtue of half the country never competing against them.
[*][b]Community[/b] - Should be close to top two.
[*][b]Daniel Wright[/b] - I see people putting them lower than this, which is cool, but I just don't have a ton of faith in the teams under them beating them. #TrustThePedigree.
[*][b]Paul J. Gelinas[/b] - This feels high, but they look better than last year and who else was I gonna put here?
[*][b]Piedmont[/b] - Have low-key had a really good year, maybe I should put them above Gelinas. Eh, whatever, one place is basically no difference (*AHEM THIS APPLIES EVERYWHERE*).
[*][b]Beckendorff[/b] - I have overrated Beckendorff for a few years now, really trying not to this year.
[*][b]Springhouse[/b] - I was thinking of putting them outside the top 10, ended up putting them here. Seems fair to me.
[*][b]Kraemer[/b] - I know this is exactly where Jeffrey Trail was last year. Sometimes I take the easy route, fight me.
[*][b]Marie Murphy[/b] - In the prediction contest I put Hamilton here to shoot for a differential pick, but for picking straight MM is much safer. Fun fact last time MM made nats and got lower than 10th was 2009.
[*][b]Longfellow[/b] - This feels simultaneously too high and too low. Ranks high on my list of teams most likely to make me look dumb.
[*][b]Lakeshore[/b] - I see some people putting Lakeshore top 10, which feels ambitious, but I guess I didn't put them too much lower. Hmm.
[*][b]Hamilton[/b] - They beat DW that one time. I would've liked to see them dominate states more. Still picking them 10th in the contest because none of y'all are picking them (subject to change if some of y'all start picking them).
[*][b]Highlands[/b] - The flight from Honolulu to New York is over 9 hours. If the island bois can overcome that and make the top 10, respect.
[*][b]Thomas Jefferson[/b] - I call them the most under-the-radar dominant team in B division. Actually having in-state competition this year helped.
[*][b]Tower Heights[/b] - I don't think I'm as low on them as Unome, but I've been sorta underwhelmed by their nats finishes thus far.
[*][b]Slauson[/b] - The O.G. national champs make year 2 of their revenge tour. Revenge against whom unclear.
[*][b]Harlan Rowe[/b] - Harlan Rowe is about [i]three times[/i] closer to Cornell as they are to Juniata College (PA states). Think about that. Also, #HarlanRoweHypeTrain.
[*][b]Eagle Hill[/b] - Did well to get out of states but their placements were already trending down before last year. Idk how much higher I want to put them.
[*][b]Ladue[/b] - This feels like a boring pick. I guess that means it's safe? Whatever.
[*][b]Fulton Science Academy[/b] - This is more exciting! They should make a big leap this year. The question is how much.
[*][b]Bedford[/b] - They are definitely better this year than last, but there's a lot of teams in the low 10s high 20s tier. Rooting for you to get top 20 though (just not above Harlan Rowe).
[*][b]Raymond Park[/b] - This team is very good, possibly underrated. Really glad they're getting this chance, it was great timing for Indiana to get a second bid.
[*][b]Chippewa[/b] - They're about as good as they have been, which means a mid-20s placement. I don't think that hard once we get down here.
[*][b]Dodgen[/b] - Their states score, by percentage, is actually the same as last year. Food for thought.
[*][b]Kealing[/b] - This is exactly halfway between their 2017 and 2018 placements. All I got.
[*][b]Wilmington Academy of Arts & Sciences[/b] - Yeah, this is Carnage's placement from last year. Like I said, easy route.
[*][b]Evergreen[/b] - I know a lot of people expected them to not make nats this year. Falling a bit from last year seems like a fair assumption. 
[*][b]Preston[/b] - Had a little home-state boost last year, so I definitely see them going back down a bit.
[*][b]Orlando Science School[/b] - Had some good invitationals. It'd just be cool to see Florida back in the B top 30[/list]
31. Bellevue Mission
32. Stoller
33. Meyzeek
34. Cedar Springs
35. North Bethesda
36. Pleasant Ridge
37. Auburn
38. Ames
39. Fairfield
40. William Diamond
41. Wachter
42. Albuquerque Area
43. Casady
44. Clinton
45. Bob Miller
46. Conrad
47. River City
48. Yankton
49. St. Joseph's
50. Glasgow
51. Paragon
52. Gallagher
53. Germantown
54. BASIS
55. Hamilton (MT)
56. Riverton
57. County Line
58. Walpole
59. Northern Lights ABC
60. Medomak

If you don't like your team's placement and you have the state scores for Stoller, Meyzeek, William Diamond, Ames, Bob Miller, Casady, Yankton, BASIS, Riverton, County Line, or Northern Lights, send them to me and you may move up. Or down, I make no promises.
I could see how I might be underrating Tower Heights, for some reason I thought Memorial was also in the 130s in 2015.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

User avatar
EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3132
Joined: January 17th, 2009, 7:32 am
Division: Grad
State: MD
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: At work trying to be a real adult
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 77 times
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Rankings B

Post by EastStroudsburg13 » May 18th, 2019, 9:27 am

kate! wrote: I'm kind of confused, I see you mentioned for a couple teams how close they are to nationals (Highlands, Harlan Rowe)? What does distance have to do with placing besides builds breaking or something? And wouldn't that make you put Eagle Hill higher because they're probably the closest to Cornell out of every team going?
Harlan Rowe is a little bit closer than Eagle Hill. Distance can mean whatever you want it to mean.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki


So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

Post Reply

Return to “2019 Nationals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests