Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Locked
User avatar
pikachu4919
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 710
Joined: December 7th, 2012, 2:30 pm
Division: Grad
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Location: SEPA
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 108 times

Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by pikachu4919 » August 13th, 2019, 4:38 pm

Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '20
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics


Not throwin' away my shot!
MY CABBAGES!

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Mr.Epithelium
Member
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: April 2nd, 2018, 4:55 pm
Division: C
State: KY
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by Mr.Epithelium » September 11th, 2019, 1:36 pm

I found it interesting that the rules did not change much at all from 2016 to 2020, any thoughts?
My first name is Nonkeratinized. My middle name is Squamous.

cbrant554
Member
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: April 21st, 2018, 11:57 am
Division: C
State: IN
Location: VHS
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by cbrant554 » September 11th, 2019, 4:34 pm

Mr.Epithelium wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 1:36 pm
I found it interesting that the rules did not change much at all from 2016 to 2020, any thoughts?
Well there is the new muscle list but yeah otherwise it seems that the systems are very stagnant, I would expect this of the upcoming 4 year rotation with not many rule changes.

nicholasmaurer
Coach
Coach
Posts: 417
Joined: May 19th, 2017, 10:55 am
Division: Grad
State: OH
Location: Solon, OH
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by nicholasmaurer » September 11th, 2019, 7:30 pm

cbrant554 wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 4:34 pm
Mr.Epithelium wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 1:36 pm
I found it interesting that the rules did not change much at all from 2016 to 2020, any thoughts?
Well there is the new muscle list but yeah otherwise it seems that the systems are very stagnant, I would expect this of the upcoming 4 year rotation with not many rule changes.
From my observations and experience, rules are typically changed for one of two reasons: either because the previous version caused issues or because leaving the rules stagnant fails to challenge students. The annual organ system rotation likely addresses the latter concern, so I wouldn't expect too many changes unless there were specific questions/issues raised with previous iterations.
Assistant Coach and Alumnus ('14) - Solon High School Science Olympiad
Tournament Director - Northeast Ohio Regional Tournament
Tournament Director - Solon High School Science Olympiad Invitational

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

dankdecidueye
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: September 17th, 2019, 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by dankdecidueye » September 17th, 2019, 3:07 pm

Hey guys!


Does anyone have any good study resources to use this year in particular? I've checked sites like innerbody.com, the wiki, and the extra notes on the soinc.com main page, but besides that is there anything else?

ChronoInoDromotrope
Member
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: August 18th, 2019, 11:38 am
Division: C
State: PA
Location: UR MOTHER'S HOME
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by ChronoInoDromotrope » September 17th, 2019, 5:47 pm

dankdecidueye wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 3:07 pm
Hey guys!


Does anyone have any good study resources to use this year in particular? I've checked sites like innerbody.com, the wiki, and the extra notes on the soinc.com main page, but besides that is there anything else?
Read this year's systems chapters in anatomy textbooks
SSA CV NATS 2020
anat ppp orni Brotein modeling
i am a highly gregarious neotropical duck

bveja
Member
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: August 24th, 2019, 1:22 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by bveja » September 17th, 2019, 6:37 pm

How many people can participate in this event?

Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 636
Joined: February 17th, 2017, 10:46 am
Division: C
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Location: probably somewhere crying
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by Anomaly » September 17th, 2019, 6:52 pm

bveja wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 6:37 pm
How many people can participate in this event?
Two people per team, so if your school has three teams that participate in a competition, then that is 6 people.
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019-2020
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 7
y o i n k s
Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Codebusters, Designer Genes, Protein Modeling

cbrant554
Member
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: April 21st, 2018, 11:57 am
Division: C
State: IN
Location: VHS
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by cbrant554 » September 18th, 2019, 4:49 pm

Anomaly wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 6:52 pm
bveja wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 6:37 pm
How many people can participate in this event?
Two people per team, so if your school has three teams that participate in a competition, then that is 6 people.
You could also go solo if you're brave enough, or your coaches hate you.

User avatar
reninkidney
Member
Member
Posts: 80
Joined: April 6th, 2019, 3:29 pm
Division: B
State: CA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by reninkidney » October 6th, 2019, 9:26 pm

For the muscles on the list, do we need to know their innervations?
2020 Events: A&P, Fossils, Heredity, XPD

Locked

Return to “2020 Study Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests