1. buoyant force = 0.04 N displacement = 4 m^3 density = 0.2 kg/m^3 maybe try to have more than 1 sig fig next time?Good Questions @JoeyC
NGL, I can't believe I didn't think about Q2 right
I'll try basic maths...
1. A basketball in water. Mass of 1 kg, Radius is 1 meter. let's say gravity is 10. What is the bouyant force, volume of water displaced by ball, Avg density of ball?
2. The salinity of 50 grams of water is 40 parts per thousand, how many ounces of pure water would need to evaporate to raise the salinity to 45 parts per thousand?
3. The magnetosphere is created by what layer of Earth? What feauture of the magnetosphere do we use to date oceanic crust?
4. What is an instrument that measures the direction and speed of ocean currents? How does it work(two words will suffice)?
2. 5.6 g or 0.20 oz of water.
3. ionosphere, periodic magnetic reversals (by measuring the orientation of magnetic minerals in the crust).
4. current meter, water movement orients the rotor in the direction of flow and the rotor spins in proportion to current speed.